GameSalad version 0.8.0 released!

2»

Comments

• BeyondtheTechBeyondtheTech Member Posts: 809
    You guys are truly incredible. When you come out with a new release, you really go all out there!

Now, please don't let it get to your head, keep up the great work. ;)

In all seriousness, I've never had so much fun developing. Thanks again.
  • btigerbtiger Member Posts: 8
    bad: some of play sound behavior doesn't work which works in GS 0.7 , there seems some bugs in the GS 0.8.

good: the average frame rate of my game is from 45 up to 55, that's really awesome, I can add more sprites into the game.

Go Devs, You Rock!
  • JGary321JGary321 Member Posts: 1,246
    Defo some bugs.. I'm not fixing anything until we find out from GS what is causing it,
  • HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
    Thanks for Portrait mode!

You saved my life! :-)

Now you should do something against the permanent crashes on a hackintosh :-P
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    @JGary321, here is some expression editor update explanation for the math functions. http://gamesalad.com/wiki/interface_reference:expression_editor
  • rebumprebump Member Posts: 1,058
    Wow, I take last night off from doing anything and I come back to 0.8.0!?! Sweet action.

I think I will hold off a day or two seeing as how some folks games are breaking, especially folks who seem to deliver rock solid games.

Thanks for the frame rate and resolution enhancements!!
  • rebumprebump Member Posts: 1,058
    Anyone publish to their device under 0.8.0 yet? Does it load quicker?
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    I'm very excited about the framerates being much better, but won't be updgrading until these bugs are fixed... I'm afraid to upgrade, and have my game tweaking out :(
  • GamexcbGamexcb Member Posts: 179
    My game has become very glitchy since the update moving, controls, worse load times, and overall instability...
    This needs to be fixed now!
    I cannot work on my game until this is fixed for I am unsure how all the bugs will effect my end product...
  • JoshKahaneJoshKahane Member Posts: 470
    This si great thanks to the GS team! Great timing as I begin my portrait game, I thought I was going to have to do it all side ways! Also a little something which wasn't there before I don't think. When changing attributes like an actors size, if you press return you automatically go the next attribute so makes editing these a little quicker, I like it!

Of course performance (haven't yet tested but look forward to) and different resolution with mac publishing! Awesome is all I can say every time you update this great software. Keep it up.
  • ORBZORBZ Member Posts: 1,304
    Help Polexia won't even get past the logo screen! :( It starts, the music plays and then that's it. Nothing else happens!!! :(

I tested this on GS Creator 0.8.0 and GS Safari Plugin 0.8.0. If you look at my entry in the MacWorld Challenge you see what I mean.

Please someone help! :(
  • SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
    found a small bug.

If you have growth rate wrapped in a timer, it doesn't work.

I had a rule in my game that said something like...every 5 seconds, growth rate=26.
    Probably the wrong way to use growth rate, but thought I would point it out, as it worked in v0.7
  • JoshKahaneJoshKahane Member Posts: 470
    Can I just suggest that you allow 1024 x 768 (iPad resolution) to be landscape as well? :) I know its a small difference, but it might allow better laid out games.
    @Sparkyidr Try putting a Timer (for n seconds, run to completion) around the Change Size behavior and inside the (Every n seconds) Timer.
    @codemonkey...yes that does indeed work.
    also.....
    when using growth rate......should that "grow" the collision area? cos it doesn't.
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    sparkidr: no you can't currently scale an object in Box2d (the physics system)... it would be really nice though!

The way they do it in other programming languages (using Box2D) is to constantly destroy/respawn an actor of a different size.

I don't recommend that for gamesalad right now...
    I just use the change self.size.x and y...that works ok for what I needed it to do....I like how the growth rate thing looks really smooth though.
  • EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
    I have done a growth rate by the following:

Constrain attribute width to width + 10
    Constrain height to width

Works smoothly as well.
    @eastbound...I like that idea.
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    yes, you can change the graphics of an actor using self.Size, but resizing the collision area won't work. If it's just for a status bar, that should work fine.
  • beaudoin_nbeaudoin_n Member Posts: 184
    Any fixes to random function ?
    @Eastbound, Trying to discourage using Constrain Attribute like that to increment itself. Try a Timer with Change Attribute combo.