๏ Stormys 3d Pseudo blocks ๏ with 9 vids (now with parallax blocks in invaders)

2»

Comments

• JPickardJPickard Member Posts: 477
    Dagnabbit. Considering your game and my game are so darn similar we should probably just work on it together.

Actually, that's just my way of saying "when my game (finally) comes out don't acuse me of copying." ;)
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    JPickard said:
    Dagnabbit. Considering your game and my game are so darn similar we should probably just work on it together.

Actually, that's just my way of saying "when my game (finally) comes out don't acuse me of copying." ;)

:-) great minds think a like and all that.... mines going to be heavily audio based so the gameplay might be quite different... also the above is just in photoshop so it might change by the time it all comes together... a bit like the game Limbo meets space invaders and classic B-Movies...

I wouldn't worry a great deal, I start so many games and finish so few. But hopefully this will see the light of day...
    Well after a silly number of hours I've finally got my normal blocks working even better and I now have some parallax blocks that work at a given parallax level.

It allows me to build up a more complex scene with more depth as the parallax blocks appear closer as they move past the camera quicker. I'm hoping (yet to test) that I can simply change the given parallax value and they will move past the camera slower and so appear further away to enable me to create more depth levels of 3d blocks to create a nice 3d scene. It all runs surprisingly well on my phone with a decent enough frame rate.

Not I just need to add this to my game and create the perfect art work for the different buildings to make it look more varied and cool.

Heres a video showing the new blocks.. enjoy..
  • old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    Well slick sir! So vertical parallax next?
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    Excellent stuff, Jon; very impressive! :-)

----------------------------------------------
    http://davidgriffinapps.co.uk/

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• HapiappsHapiapps Member Posts: 373
    old_kipper said:
    Well slick sir! So vertical parallax next?

I already know how to do this, its pretty complicated so read carefully:

1. Look around for nearby objects you might hit your head on
    2. Sit up straight
    3. Tilt your head slightly until you see the vertical parallax

Let me know if that helps, if it doesn't I'll add more detail to the directions.
    Amazing.
    Cheers guys glad you like it... unite chuffed myself that it finally came together...

just updated my GS viewer and it works perfectly on my iPhone 4.

Could do with testing on a 3g and 3gs.
    Another Video update, this time showing my 'retextured' buildings within my invaders game (in the making).

What do you think...I still want to have different textures on the buildings to vary it a bit more, and have blurred ones the further back you go...also the invaders will be almost completely in the dark...

Just so you know:

Temporary graphics on everything..invaders...title...buildings...backdrop....everything...
    Thanks beefy.

I've got a lot of ideas if like to add, but I might try and get it polished and out on the app store before adding extras (unlockables, shop, different game modes).

At the moment I'm just glad the 3d effect works, not that it was essential to an audio game. Hopefully the visuals will help with getting some cool reviews from websites and the like when it's released.
    Man, this is soooooo cool.