BlueChiks - Buying out logos from my contest

bluechiksbluechiks Member Posts: 89
Hello,

So now that the contest has ended and a winner has been chosen, I would like to buy out some of the logos that people made that lost the contest. I would like to buy MoonMouses, applaudmobiles, and Braydon_SFXs. If either one of you wants to sell off the logo to me, I would be willing to pay $5 a logo, all I'm buying from you is the rights for me to use, so you don't have to resend anything I have it all. Anyway, if any of your interested, pm me your paypal address. Thanks

Comments

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Hey there BlueChiks. Please check your PM. Thanks
  • old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    Be aware that if any party in a commercial contract is under the age of majority or insane then the contract doesn't legally stand up.

Yours falling into the latter category. Kipper
  • applaudmobileapplaudmobile Member Posts: 208
    I'm very interested to know what tenrdrmer PM'd bluechiks

The whole thing seemed very strange. A new member (only joined hours before) posts a so called-competition that wasn't at all a competition. Asked everyone to make changes, rather than picking one winner and dealing with them for changes, changed the deadline 3 times, wanted a very specific size for someone that hadn't even made a game yet!

I'll wait to see what uptimistic says after getting paid. You can buy my logo for $50 - now that the "competition" is over time to get real again ;-)
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
  • applaudmobileapplaudmobile Member Posts: 208
    uptimistik said:
    hey applaud I PM'd you

replied matey ;-)
  • MoritzPGKatzMoritzPGKatz Member Posts: 23
    5 USD?

Seriously?

Honestly, anyone who's willing to sell their work for 5 Dollars doesn't deserve more.

//Edit: I'd love to know what's happening too. PM me. Thanks. :)
    Everyone can feel free to PM me to ask what's up but in all honesty I'm not gonna say at this point. I'll leave it to BlueChik if he/she so desires.
  • MyChonnyMyChonny Member Posts: 1
    I'm surprised old_kipper didn't win :)
  • bluechiksbluechiks Member Posts: 89
    Hello everyone,

A couple of things I need to address, the first being the reason Im only offering $5 is because all of you have already made the logos and if you don't take the deal, then they just go to waste, I mean its $5 or it goes to your trash can, your choice. The second being I absolutely loved kippers logo, but I can't use it in a business setting as I don't think some of my serious customers would get the point of it. And now to address applaudmobile, I have really been on the forums for while now, just under different names, which I plan to leave alone now and just use this one, I couldn't decide on a name I liked enough to stick with, so I just kept opening accounts, which was wrong so I'm sorry. And the contest was in no way supposed to make anyone mad or upset, I just honestly wanted a really good logo so I couldn't help but ask people to make changes.
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    bluechiks said:
    Hello everyone,

A couple of things I need to address, the first being the reason Im only offering $5 is because all of you have already made the logos and if you don't take the deal, then they just go to waste, I mean its $5 or it goes to your trash can, your choice. The second being I absolutely loved kippers logo, but I can't use it in a business setting as I don't think some of my serious customers would get the point of it. And now to address applaudmobile, I have really been on the forums for while now, just under different names, which I plan to leave alone now and just use this one, I couldn't decide on a name I liked enough to stick with, so I just kept opening accounts, which was wrong so I'm sorry. And the contest was in no way supposed to make anyone mad or upset, I just honestly wanted a really good logo so I couldn't help but ask people to make changes.

did you pay uptimistik yet?
    No not yet I'm on my way home from work now though?
    No not yet I'm on my way home from work now though :)
  • ultimaultima Member, PRO Posts: 1,207
    buying out logo for $25/$5? especially character design? cough cough.. i could have bet.. cough cough disney would put it down on their cough joke of the year list... cough...

c'mon buddy, enough ripping people off already you are taking advantage of these folks, industry standard design guideline (mostly written in contracts before delivery) that logo usage stays within logo perimeter, unless specified otherwise, meaning if you are going to produce blue chik dolls you have to pony up extra for a different usage where it would be considered character licensing and that's per unit royalty.. again giving you benefit of doubt that you didn't know what you just asked. or used the wrong term.(at least specify what you are going to "use" them for). i'd be rich if i could buy full right to these birds for $5 a pop and seriously i'd offer $10 for each lol.. and sell them as stock photo since i own unlimited usage right... i'd make it back in a month worst case scenario. please refrain from shady deal sir. (and this truly is to protect our community from becoming a place for cheap labors)

and no used artwork doesn't get thrown to trash can if you been doing this for long enough, it gets recycled into next or future project.
    bluechiks said:
    Hello everyone,

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

In case anyone was wondering this is what the second pm is about. So those of you pming me wanting to know for various reason the multiple account is what it was
    perhaps his other account as a sous. (SHOCK)
    Uptimistik, payment sent :) Sorry that I couldnt send it out earlier, my boss wouldn't allow me to leave me job to do it. Thanks everyone
    (pad on the back, apologies for the suspicion) congrats uptimistik
    ultima said:
    perhaps his other account as a sous. (SHOCK)

Uh no. That would not be the case. I have agreed and supported basically everything you have said on this, right up to this very point.
    at least he paid lol. otherwise it would have really ruined the party for some folks that was hoping to win.

and yes i still think the rest of you guys should put your hard work on istock or other sites as such for a higher profit.
    ultima said:
    at least he paid lol. otherwise it would have really ruined the party for some folks that was hoping to win.

and yes i still think the rest of you guys should put your hard work on istock or other sites as such for a higher profit.

I would second this if anyone still wants to make money on the logos they made. All the logos submitted were very good, Im sorry I only needed one winner. If you do put on istock you will surly make more then Im offering :) Wish everyone the best of luck, thanks.
    uptimistik said:
    Alright money received! I'll upload it here in a few.

Great thanks!
    uptimistik said:
    Alright money received! I'll upload it here in a few.

Hey just wodering, are you uploading it here or somewhere else? Thanks
  • ClockClock Member Posts: 308
    MoritzPGKatz said:
    5 USD?

Seriously?

Honestly, anyone who's willing to sell their work for 5 Dollars doesn't deserve more.

//Edit: I'd love to know what's happening too. PM me. Thanks. :)

I would go to Dunkin Donut work one hour thats about 8-10 dollars.
  • old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    bluechiks said:
    The second being I absolutely loved kippers logo, but I can't use it in a business setting as I don't think some of my serious customers would get the point of it.

Don't worry, there seem to be just enough businesses out there to sustain a miserable fish and his spawn with the odd crust. And doing scratchy nonsense has a number of other benefits- carpets that look like a Jackson Pollock, clients who pop round for a chat and are found the following morning face down with inky staining (this means you can go through there pockets before they come round and they can't remember if/how they spent the money), wild witty women, the odd tattoo design brief (including one that is sat on for many hours by a stunning wild witty woman), assured damnation and eternal heating (with no bills), jollity, no timid clients or dull revisions.

A chipper Kipper

P.s I have repurposed my bird and will be offering pop up greetings card shortly.
    Hey uptomistik,

I wanted the light blue one high res, no that one, can you please upload the light blue high res now? Thanks
  • DhondonDhondon Member Posts: 717
    bluechiks said:
    Hey uptomistik,

I wanted the light blue one high res, no that one, can you please upload the light blue high res now? Thanks

You should charge him 5$ extra for that uptomistik:)
    @uptimistik

I am going to use this for business, so just to confirm, this is a 100% custom made right? You made the bird and everything yourself? I own full rights to the logo? Thanks, just wanted to clear this up before I use it.
    edited December 2011
    why does bluechik's icon looks better than uptimistiks icon... something's wrong here lol... *cough*you should have kept it *cough*. probably worth more to you as your own asset =P (but you are probably more optimistic than i'm and i'm sure you'll make an even better one soon).. k i'll quit poking fun at u optimistik.. and oh sorry i couldn't help you review your app because my test flight is having issue installing your update... can't get the damn thing to work with the time i got.
    RKS I wouldnt worry about a new beta. The real deal might just be available sooner than you think.
    looking forwards to it. make some awesome and dramatic presentation sheets (apple calls it screens shots)!