Need great graphic designer! ASAP

eman297eman297 Member Posts: 1
Ok I need a great graphic designer to design me a cartoon like zombie. The zombie should look a little bit like a zombie farm zombie but not a copy of one. Im asking you to do this for free because I have no money
If interested.. Email me at: eman2971@gmail.com

Comments

• simo103simo103 Member, PRO Posts: 1,331
    edited January 2012
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    5. NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH- While our members are often generous and helpful, repeated request for free art, sounds, templates or development work have resulted in this no longer being allowed. Please refrain from making requests for free work of any kind! If a member chooses to share items for free, they may of course do so!
  • eman297eman297 Member Posts: 1
    sorry :P
  • SpriteAttackSpriteAttack Member Posts: 524
    If the 'new and improved' forum still offers sticky posts it would be nice to have an admin write a nice short post about behaviour on this forum and please include the 'no begging for free art'.

eman297 - check out opengameart.org - or invest a few bucks and get the zombie pack of my blockbuddies.
    http://2dblockbuddies.blogspot.com/p/blockbuddies.html
  • AsymptoteellAsymptoteell Member Posts: 1,362
    You should ask some of your friends if they could make one. Maybe one of them will be a good artist and be willing to help out.
  • CloudsClouds Member Posts: 1,599
    edited January 2012
    @RKS

Use Gimp.

(if he's available)
  • sessiensessien Member Posts: 41
    I pay for professional art yet there was a time when I needed some art that my artist was not available for. It helped me out a bunch just like code examples help. Why not make a space for those who are willing to share instead of berating peopling who are making a honest request. In totality the requests seem like alot and should not be in the flow of the normal forum comments, but if it is someone's first request simply direct them to the spot for those who are willing to share. I can't do artwork, so I have to pay someone. But once that contract is up, there may be one piece that you need and sharing seems fair if people are willing to do it quickly.
  • PixelgunPixelgun Member Posts: 111
    edited January 2012
    I think part of the reaction to people asking for freebies is that it makes us artists feel that our work is under valued. No one comes on these forums and asks for someone to spend their time programing a game for free. True, there are free templates that give examples of how to program things in your game but that's not the same thing as free art. The beggars don't ask for people to show them how to make art, they ask for completed art.

It's like the analogy of giving someone a fish. These guys are asking for you to go fishing for them and to catch a fish, to fry it up and serve it to them everyday instead of asking for you to teach them how to fish so they can be self sufficient. The teaching part in itself is work and this is why you get tips from people on forums instead of them doing your work for you. And besides we have fishing to do for ourselves already, we have art to make for ourselves or our paying clients.

Maybe a better approach would be to offer something in trade for art. But credit on a game from someone who has no money to make the game probably means their game won't do very well if it is even finished and therefore a promise of a cut of profits is iffy as well.

The thing is, the beggars are lazy and want an easy and free solution to their problems. They are selfish and care only about their own thing and they hardly contribute to the community. Supporting these people is just encouraging bad behavior and in the end doesn't really benefit them because they don't learn anything and if they get free art it's most likely a bad fit for their project at best and bad art at worst.
  • ultimaultima Member, PRO Posts: 1,207
    poor thing that thread is closed... what happens when you ask for free logo is your company name gets mis spelled into something like qilfflip game... oh dear.. i'm sorry hope the original artist is not offended... but if you really really want to "reflect" the type, you could consider using all cap so you don't end up using another letter that looks exactly the same like qlifflip game.
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    edited January 2012
    @ Pixelgun

great post.

@session

there's thread where people are offering there services for free.

This ones closed.
This discussion has been closed.