Gs pricing redo?? & Copyright infringement prevention

2»

Comments

• ultimaultima Member, PRO Posts: 1,207
    edited February 2012
    how about a real "PRO" software? and forget about how much it cost... but how much i can make from it?

@LeonardDeveloper . people who make money from apps, publish more than 10X a year... actually more like 500X a year... if GS charges per publish it would only benefit non-pro and ... let me take that back.. no it won't actually benefit them, because they'll be over paying, since you need more than 10 publishes a year to make real money.
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    @leonarddeveloper I think you've inhaled too much of the fumes from those cleaning products. Open a window.
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    edited February 2012
    Yes cluttered with brilliant ideas unlike your empty head..lol @leonarddeveloper I can do this all day, I was a comedy writer you know..lol
    edited February 2012
    i sense some face slapping fun going on around here. such honorable manly thing to do around here. =)
    Leonard and I like each other we only pretend not to on GS keeps it light and fun around here...lol
    i know. that's why it's face slapping fun.
    @leonarddeveloper where did you go? I was just getting warmed up..lol
  • CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828
    When i First started reading the first 5-10 replays to this thread I said.." oh no .. here it comes". But the people I expected to make some opinions to this thread aren't making a peep. Plus Ive noticed real GS employees haven't even made a reply. Has this thread actually got the GS conference rooms seats full and they are actually taking this thread serious? Are we actually going to see some new form of pricing changes? Sure is quiet on the GS Office side of the fence. Are they talking...or are they being reeeaaaaalllll quiet hoping this topic will fade away?
    that's why them two is starting this face slapping act, when the tread reaches 200 replies, it'll sure get noticed. lol... i say keep the price as it is now... and get more features going and better U/I U/X going, it's not that the price is wrong.... I wonder will GS ever reach the epiphany moment.
    edited February 2012
    I think they're at a Super Bowl party drinking beer. @ultima don't give out all the secrets!
    edited February 2012
    and smoking bowls of salad i presume.. that's what the bowl boy means. isn't it? ok, j/k...

but on a more serious topic... desktop publishing gave us more junk in the world... so did the internet... i presume that we spend half of our life filtering through junk these days and it'll only get worse..
    Yes,... Me and Dave (FBS) are great friends! :P it's just that when he's smoking cluttered desk papers his ideas get wrangled and that's why he disagrees with my idea!
    No but seriously I hope the gs guys comment on this thread
  • GnomerGnomer Member Posts: 292
    I personally feel that if you made it so everyone had to pay they would make less money. Me for example, I hope to release a few apps and build up the money to buy pro. So for me it would need to be free to start. Maybe like 6 months free then have to pay so you have a chance to make some money first.

Just my thoughts.
    edited February 2012
    @gnomer
    You've miss understood... No pro no free... Just pay per publish
    10 for publish gets: no pro features and has to pay for every update (wil stop crap being brought onto the app store)
    50 for publish gets: pro features, unlimited free updates
    Or it could be broken into
    50 per pub per pro feature.....
  • MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    Pay for Publish /app … IMO is not good … peoples might skip ad hoc builds to save money
    a yearly membership with a fee for unlimited builds is better (déjà vu! ;)

serious youngsters should have access to GS … it is a good way to get them started.
    and, GS Creator should be free to play with (including desktop builds and GS Viewer)
    but, apps for the App Store should be only to for fee-paid members.

I thought @LeonardDeveloper was pointing out the misappropriation of his icon in the Creator's demos/TPs section … :-S

Alas, that the images/sfx in the demos/TPs are not for public use … is not clearly defined and that may be confusing to newbies
    Add that they are not for reuse in your Description.

simply IM those who use your media within our GS community and perhaps report to GS …
    Concentrate your vexation/rancor on those who use your stuff outside the community … those are the people who ruin your reputation and cost you money!

@};- MH
    Just a quick bump! After the new update on the creator...
    What update @LeonardDeveloper ???

are you talking about 0.9.9.1 release ???
    … other than icon fix (great) which could have been released as a patch.
    where is the update???

@};- MH
    @motherhoose
    Hmm...
    Instead of intro they're is other peoples app promotion thing :)
    I would like to pay a separate amount instead of going full pro to get rid of that ! :)

me, too! Jack
    most of what is in the Pro account … I don't want or need
    but as always will pay $99 to use GS to Publish a game

but it isn't just an ad that PlayHaven has before your user can start to play … it is an ad for other games with a click-thru to buy those other games!
    when a user buys your game, think they should have the right to play it … without being urged to buy other games!

now we will develop games with the primary objective of having other games promoted before play!

wonder how many seconds those ads will add to load-time??? and we were hoping for an update with decreased load-times!

@};- MH