STORMYS • AUDIO INVADERS • NOW WITH WALKTHROUGH VIDEO

StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
edited February 2012 in Announce Your Game!
Hello World...
EXCITING TIMES!!!

My latest iPhone game is now live on the app store. It got approved at 3am last night...

WALKTHROUGH VIDEO:

Please please please download today... (play it when ever)... share a link on Facebook, steal your friends phones and buy it on there...walk into an Apple Store and set all the devices to the app store page for the game... anything... (As long as I don't look desperate :-)

Hoping to get enough sales on day 1 to make it into some of the smaller charts and give the game its own chance to thrive.

APP STORE LINK:
http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/audio-invaders/id478676726?mt=8

FACEBOOK LINK:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Audio-Invaders/185830161517926

PLEASE BUY IT NOW!!!.... thank you....

Comments

• LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    edited February 2012
    @stormystudio
    I will confidently say! That I was the first to buy it! :P
    As soon as you sent the email I got it on my 4S!! love the gameplay... Playing with my Beats headphones by DR Dre
    CONGRATS MAN!! :D ITS GONNA BE A HIT... GET FEATURED OR MAYBE NEW AND NOTEWORTHY.... DID YOU DO ANY MARKETING?
  • POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
    Will buy now stormy!
    Congrats on your new game , I have a warm space in my heart for 8-bit style so I'm sure I will love it.
    Thanks for the wonderful game and good luck with the BIG charts!

Roy.
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    edited February 2012
    Cheers guys... only marketing I've done this morning... is the big email I sent out..

• GameSalad Forum post
    • Then a Facebook post, (both a personal one amongst friends and family and one on the audio invaders page.
    • Twitter post twice (one with GameSalad tagged)
    • Blog post (just incase I have a single follower out there)
    • Touch Arcade Forum post

obviously I made the promo video, and did a coming soon post on TouchArcade...but that's it.. I've kept a few promos back that I may send off to some review sites..

About to phone my old folks and see if they fancy downloading it on their iTunes account.
    edited February 2012
    Awesome use of positional sound ! (the game must be played with headphones) i like the idea of targeting the enemies with the stereo effects a lot ! , and the sound effects are very high quality , also the 3D pseudo give much depth . great job on this one .
    I love it stormy !

Roy.
    Cool! Some little marketing then and an amazing promo video! and the old folks... If they're like mine will tell everyone they know, even though they don't really comprehend what it is :D
    @P-O-M
    Was just going to say the same thing! The positional sounds is absolutely phenomenal
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    Downloading now ... will let you know my thoughts later :)

£1.49 ... Don't you know we're in recession? ;)

Interesting to declare the whole indie 1 man band thing .. Not sure how that will be perceived.
    OK had a chance to have a quick play. Definitely a unique experience, the stereo sound is very well done. 3D effect is great and overall very polished. Congrats, best of luck with sales.
    edited February 2012
    cheers @beefy_clyro...and many thanks for paying my high prices...

The thinking there was that people might be willing to pay that notch more for the 'unique' experience... plus it gives some room for Special offers and stuff later...

As for the '1 man band thing'... thought it might add some cool factor to the kids that buy it...so that they know its new...the same way people like to discover new music that isn't in the mainstream and have their own bands...only to hate them later once they're successful..... either that or people will read it and and be like ''' errr...no... if its not made by GameLoft or EA I'm not interested..." fingers crossed for the latter.

Any rude, constructive feedback welcome..
    Yeh i gathered it would be so you can drop the price and do specials etc.

I get where you're coming from on the indie thing, and it can defo go 2 ways ... hopefully it goes your way :D
  • EinsteinAppsEinsteinApps Member Posts: 81
    Just purchased and wrote a 5 star review, huge fan of your work! Best of luck on sales!
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    Purchasing right now, glad I purchased iTunes Gift Card yestarday :)
    Hey world.

Pleade do feedback with any ideas additional thigs or changes. I really will try and make as many of the realistic ideas a reality as I try to make this the perfect game (within its genre).

I'm currently at hospital in an endless accident and emergency cue. Managed to fall quite spectacularly at a 2 year olds birthday party. Stopping a dog getting out the front door I slipped on a door mat fell and landed over their door step . Washed my hands down and thought no more of it. Two and a half hours later I notice I have cold wet jeans. Then I notice the massive bloody wet stain, massive bump on my leg and now I find myself here.

Stay tuned for both audio invader news as well as the outcome of my new predicament. . . Fingers crossed for a gentle doctor and stunning nurse.

Cheers Jon (stormystudio).

P.s thank god my iPhone survived the fall otherwise this wait would be all the worse! :-)
    edited February 2012
    Ouch !!!
    You should add this story to the game's description LOL :D
    Feel better Jon!

Roy.
    If anyone wants to see a pic let me know. . It looks quite impressive from a side angle. It's not bloody just a bit bumpy.

I can put it on my blog via my phone and someone could add it to this thread. .

Might add it to my touch arcade thread for fun. . An perhaps get some sympathy sales. :-)
    :-)

Alright give me a few minutes
  • gwaheadgwahead Member Posts: 18
    It looks a great game Stormy. I'll download it tonight!
    Thanks @gwahead please download soon to count towards my daily downloads. Hoping to crack some chart somewhere if possible and every one helps

@beefy_clyro
    Just posted a photo to my blog using my Wordpress app. If you or anyone could goto my blog and post the pic here using a proper keyboard that would be great. Don't think I could manage it on my iPhone very easily. Looks cool right ?
    edited February 2012
    @stormystudio .. Done :)

Haha crikey thats some bulge, its like your legs pregnant or something. lol.

Oh and man up, why are you down the hospital? Do you mean to tell me the plaster isn't suffice enough? Its because it wasn't a Mickey Mouse plaster isn't it? Just didn't feel brave enough ;)
    edited February 2012
    Oh god... You discust me!! You don't even have a flipping "Audio Invaders" Customised plaster... How are you ever gonna promote your game?? Jesus... :D
    Alright give me a minute. I'll repost the pic with a fake audio invaders tattoo. There must be an app for that right? :-)

And beefy yes . I'd better get a mickey mouse plaster when I leave or I'm kicking off !
  • gwaheadgwahead Member Posts: 18
    @stormystudio Done!

Would be great if you'd take a look at my game Germ War and help me gain some momentum too ;-) Thanks.
    Home safe and sound.

Leg alright just a massive bump. I feel like a fraud I want a bigger injury. (sort of joking obviously )

Well back to a sleepless night waiting to check today's audio invader sales
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,880
    Good luck!
    That your sales my get a bump as your leg does!
    Jon do you use AppFigures or anything that would tell you now if its ranked anywhere? Might give you a little indication of what to expect
    I thought things like that were still updated on a daily cycle so nothing would show till at least 24hrs.... I could well be mistaken... I'll go check out App Annie which I used to use...
    Yeh App Annie is 24 hours, I use App Figures just because they email me everyday with my sales which is convenient ... App Figures refreshes its chart rankings every hour
    Still waiting on yesterday's sales results.

I haven't checked sales this many times in a day since my first release, hopefully I crack at least 20 sales.
    Results are in.

Sold just over 70 on day 1.

Fingers crossed for a new and note worthy or something else beneficial .