New UI on GameSalad Windows Creator- Your Thoughts

124»

Comments

• SteveMacintyreSteveMacintyre Member Posts: 2
    Hi there! Just starting out with using GS and agree with tenrdrmer. I also have a small monitor and am always breaking the backstage off to tweak attributes. Would it be possible to create a 'workspace' layout style where you can modify the layouts as you wish? For example, since I have a widescreen monitor, it would work better if the backstage was off to the left instead of the bottom. It would be nice if I could drag the header to the left and it would rearrange to the side, much like how Adobe products work. Thanks for bringing this software to Windows! I'm so glad I can postpone buying a mac now.
  • vibrant03vibrant03 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    Hi Everyone,

I am new to GS and find it very difficult to get started even with Cookbook tutorials. The game launcher and editor setup in the youtube videos are different than the version I downloaded today. I assume this is because of the recent changes that I read about; however, it makes following the tutorials difficult. I have looked at the the 1st 4 getting started videos without being able to follow along. The moderator works in templates that I do not have and no ideas as to where he got them from. Where they suppose to be a part of this free windows startup or did he have to purchase them? The only project I have is MyFirstProject, its blank and i need to know how to get started working with this.

Any suggestions are welcomed. Do I need to purchase a basic template to help me get started ?

Need Help!

P.S. I wanted to post this to the Question and Feedback sectopm but I did not see a link or comment box to start a new question. Help with this is appreciated also.
  • JDuaneJJDuaneJ San Francisco Member Posts: 300
    Hello there! Yes I have tried this PC version as well, and I feel that it's much too complicated and not enough color separation from all the white!

The Mac version is very clean and easy to follow. However I do like the addition of being able to type what you need for behaviors and Actions etc. Feel more like a "programmer" hahah...kinda. But I also like the old way.
  • sparkaniasparkania Member, PRO Posts: 300
    I'm having fun learning it.. Never met the old version..

When I have alot of actions in the Backstage portion, there seems to be some kind of 'snap to' going on when I scroll, makes scrolling a bit frustrating sometimes. is there an option to kill that?
  • GamesITGamesIT Member Posts: 22
    My question is, why the UI Style look different than in some sceenshot of Gamesalad Manual for PC?
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    @gamesit its different because they are working toward a new creator UI and the windows version is where they are testing the changes.