Windows bug? Can't adjust camera tracking area.

NettekovenGamesNettekovenGames Member Posts: 88
edited May 2012 in Working with GS (PC)
Hey,

After my Project became a corrupted file :'(
I started over but for some reason my camera doesn't follow my character anymore its a platformer game

I even tried all the videos on YT but it keeps failing
On my previous project is worked just fine :(

Any help.?

Best Answers

• tatiangtatiang Posts: 11,949
    Accepted Answer
    As I'm not using the Windows version yet, I'm a bit short-handed, but just to double-check, what happens when you:

1. Open a new/blank project (e.g. iPhone landscape).
    2. Change the first scene's size to make it larger (e.g. width: 960, height: 320).
    2. Add a background image that has different areas so you can tell when it's moving (here's an example: http://www.exsus.com/Hotel_Malaysia_Cameron_Highlands_Resort_Banner/Cameron-Highlands-Landscape.sflb.ashx). Send it to the back of the layer.
    3. Add a single actor to the scene. In that actor's rules, add two rules: "Move [direction 0] [speed 200]; and Control Camera.
    4. Preview the game.

Does the background scroll as the actor moves to the right?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• tatiangtatiang Posts: 11,949
    Accepted Answer
    @tatiang after reading your instructions and i noticed the "Change first scene's size" guess what i only made the pictures bigger not the scene -_- i'm so stupid...

But thanks alot alot alot!
    It's easy to make mistakes when using GameSalad. I've been using it for about half a year and I still forget to check a box or change a value to make something work correctly. Persistence is key!

You're welcome!

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

Answers