iPad Development, able to submit to itunes!

butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
Did anyone else get an email from Apple that you can now upload apps to itunes connect?

If you get your iPad app in by a certain date, they will feature it in the app store?!

I hope Gamesalad will be ready for iPad uploads and soon!

This will be a Golden Opportunity for us!

Comments

• butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Here's what the email said:

iPad will begin shipping soon and your opportunity to be part of the grand opening of the iPad App Store starts today. Submit your iPad app now for an initial review by the App Review Team and receive feedback on its readiness for the grand opening.
    Submit Your App by March 27.

Build and test your iPad app using iPhone SDK 3.2 beta 5 available on the iPhone Dev Center. Only iPad apps built with iPhone SDK 3.2 beta 5 will be accepted for this initial review.

Upload your distribution signed app through iTunes Connect by Saturday, March 27, 5pm PDT.

The App Review Team will review your app on iPad and email you details about the readiness of your app.

You will also receive additional information about submitting your app for final review before iPad ships.

Only apps submitted for the initial review will be considered for the grand opening of the iPad App Store.
  • TwistedMechTwistedMech Member Posts: 408
    Really would be nice to get our new games out on the ipad for launch. All we need now is gs developers go add in the option to publish to ipad.
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    Yeah, I got the email. It would be nice to hear something on GS status with the iPad.
  • ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453
    Come on GS you can do it
    C'mon guys! We're rootin' for Gamesalad to give this to us! Golden Opportunity for developers and GS! :)
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    I don't know if it's really that golden. Aside for development, is anyone here actually planning on buying an iPad?

The feedback that I've been reading online, it seems that the iPad is the target of lots of jokes and criticisms.

Although... ha ha... this post is not to discourage Gendai Games. I'm looking forward to the next update.
    It's hard to say, but from what I've heard, they were selling out their preorders fast? So I'd rather err to the side of the iPad doing well :)

I wouldn't miss an opportunity to get working on one and let's hope GS releases an update before deadline, fingers crossed!
    "I don't know if it's really that golden"

Man, I hate to the downer in the room. I'm ususally the optimist. But I'm in this camp with the iPad. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see this being much of a big deal after the inital rush.
    The iPhone was a big unkown. Now the iPad is way hype based on the iPhone.

...Just sayin'
    design :)

Who knows who will be right... but one good point is, why wait to find out? Why not have at least 1 iPad game ready

You don't want to miss the boat if it does turn out to be a great opportunity do you?
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    All I'm saying is to get your games ready for 768x1024 or vice versa. That is all I am leaking.
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    Code monkey I think i love you ... wait thats really creepy. Especially when you look at my avatar

The only thing is that i think they will be somewhat choosey for the grand opening. I assume it means tougher to get an app but better sales if you get in.

I think my new super top secret non game app is up to par so, im just crossing my fingers!!!!!!

It all Ipad ready now!
    Yes, I'm glad many GS members are getting ready, I'm sure the head chefs will announce something soon. I hope iPad does well, I was just so dissapointed that it lacked so much.
    "All I'm saying is to get your games ready for 768x1024 or vice versa. That is all I am leaking"

-and there you go!
    @d219

In my opinion as long as it runs fast it is what the developers make it
    James, you bring up a really good point. How are we to know how fast they run until we have a device to test on? It's a faster processor than iPhone, but you pushing more than 4x the pixels around.

Darn, I hate sounding so negative. I'm really not the way I sound in this post. I'm just afraid there is going to be a lot of grumbling after this thing launches. And again, I sure hope I'm wrong.

By the way, love the new avatar!
    thats why as said "as long as" lol

There will be grumbling even if its great though.
    People love to hate the big guys.

I'd be happy even it was just the new iphone with a bigger screen.

I love my iphone and use it all the time so anything will be great.

I just cant wait for 6 months till they announce the "Ipad Mini"

Still getting an ipad on launch though. The wife probably will too.
    What size do the icons need to be for the iPad?
  • JackBQuickJackBQuick Member Posts: 524
    Yippee! That's VERY exciting.

Although there are people who doubt the demand for the iPad, I think it will be a hit. Not everyone needs the power that comes with a laptop or desktop computer. (Although that wouldn't include anyone reading this, of course.) I know a lot of people who just check their e-mail, run an app or two, and surf the web; the iPad would suit their needs perfectly.

Bring it on, I say.

My hats off to you, CodeMonkey et al. Let me thank you for all your hard work and dedication.
    I've talked to a lot of people at my work, anesthesilogists and doctors who have preordered the iPad and are excited about it, talking about supplementing it for their laptop

What size icon for iPad apps now?
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    57X57? and 512X512?
  • ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
    Yeah thats it. Get ready!
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    >> All I'm saying is to get
    >> your games ready for
    >> 768x1024 or vice versa.
    >> That is all I am leaking.
    >>
    >> -- CodeMonkey
    >> -- Head-Chef

Today, I'm going back and updating my graphics for my next game. I may be a bit pessimistic about the iPad, but I figure that I might as well try.

There's one week to the iPad submission deadline for the grand opening.
    Will there be an update to GameSalad before that?

I'll be ready regardless!
  • guru-at-zidwareguru-at-zidware Member Posts: 369
    A reminder.

Cutoff time is 5pm (PDT) on Saturday with the apps built (compiled) from the Beta 5 release
    of the 3.2 SDK to make the initial launch.
  • GamexcbGamexcb Member Posts: 179
    I am almost ready! Just one thing...
    How do you submit an iPad app?!?!
    Do you submit it like a regular iPhone app?
    You can't yet in GameSalad. We're all waiting for the next update.
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    was gonna wait and see, but after code monkeys little teaser on get your games ready...

I now feel like I should be sitting up all night converting my current game. Be great to do an iphone and ipad launch all at the same time....with a free iphone version with an advert for the ipad version.....

hmm..
    Can anyone post a link of the latest version of xcode please? We need that if we are to publish iPad apps right?

Hope Gamesalad updates so we can do this! :) Fingers crossed!
  • GamexcbGamexcb Member Posts: 179
    I was talking about submitting a "regular" app!