iPad Development, able to submit to itunes!

2»

Comments

• guru-at-zidwareguru-at-zidware Member Posts: 369
    Yes we are working day and night to get 2 apps ready (maybe 3) for submission. Even by the good grace of higher power we can get 1 into the launch store...would be fantastic.

I assume we need 1024 x 768 screen shots to upload to iTunes connect? Hmm....perhaps we will have to go back to the XCode version of GS (we used to get code to compile on our own ) because of SDK 3.2 tweaks for iPad compiling?
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    What are people planning on doing for screenshots if they're using a laptop? Just curious because the resolution for iPad games is much bigger
  • Koda89Koda89 Member Posts: 275
    Well as for screenshots, we can upload screenshots for iPad games right now. I found this out when submitting a recent game. It gave me the option to upload iPad screenshots as well as the normal iPhone screenshots.

Just gotta wait for the update to GameSalad. I can't wait!
  • ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453
    Would love to have mine in the day before the deadline to avoid the backlog of submissions that will probably happen on sat.
    @Koda89

If you've had a game already for the iphone, can you upload those same screenshots for the iPad version?

That would be awesome, I can't take screenies on my laptop b/c the resolution is too big, anyone else have solutions for that?
    Well I did submit some iPad screens for the iPhone game I submitted, but all I did was alter the size of the screens, so they kinda suck. Still good, just some slight pixelization around the edges of the actors.
    koda: Do you go into the same section that you upload iphone games that you would for ipad apps?

I want to start uploading screenshots and descriptions and once we can publish iPad games, which I'm hoping we can, then I'll upload the binary :)
    Yeah. In fact you should be able to add iPad screenshots to the apps/games you already have for the iPhone. Just go to the Edit Information and go under the Upload tab, you'll see that they've changed the screenshot set up. We no longer have to upload a primary screenshot, just as many screenshots as we feel like(between 1 and 5 I think).

And I think we can upload the iPad compatible binary under the same app as well, cause when I added iPad screenshots, it accepted them, just said I didn't have the correct binary for an iPad game.
    so I went into itunes connect and can't find anything that distinguishes was your uploading, iphone versus an ipad game except for the screenshots area

So how do you tell apple that you're uploading an iPad game versus an iphone one?
    The binary, I'm guessing.
    Thanks for the help Koda :)

Can't wait to see what's in store !