★★ Just one step to convert projects between all platform ★★

GSAnimatorGSAnimator Member Posts: 312
edited July 2012 in Working with GS (Mac)
Duplicate your game project that you currently have, then open up the copy project, choose the target plateform that you want then save and close the project. Right click the original project - show Package contents, you will see a "scenes" folder right there, copy this scenes folder to replace the same folder in the copy project. After you done, if you can open and run the modified project then congratulate!!!

I don't if you guys has already know that, just want show this little trick

Comments

• patapplepatapple Member Posts: 873
    So, with this trick i can immediately publish to every device i want? And the images? The scene sizes?
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    edited July 2012
    Wow, this is pretty cool!

I resized my iPhone project to iPad in about 30 seconds. :)
    The other problem I see is that the buttons looked squished a bit - nothing you can't fix by changing the width of the actors.

Thanks for posting!
  • StoneclipseStoneclipse Member, PRO Posts: 130
    WOW THIS IS SO COOL!!!! I DIDN'T KNEW THIS!! NOW I CAN JUST CHANGE EVERYTHING FROM IPHONE TO IPAD IN SECONDS!!! :))
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    @DimensionScope - Yep, but be careful. You will need to change the width of many actors to get rid of the squished feeling.
  • DeadlySeriousMediaDeadlySeriousMedia ArizonaMember Posts: 838
    Wow! Thanks for this!
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    interesting. This may be even better than my Resizing Technique. Im guessing its basically the same thing under the hood. You have just found a faster way to make the changes My technique is manually doing. Nice find. I will have to give this a try.
    http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/32594/resizing-to-ipad-technique#latest
  • GSAnimatorGSAnimator Member Posts: 312
    edited July 2012
    So, with this trick i can immediately publish to every device i want? And the images? The scene sizes?
    Yes, So you can publish to every device you want
    interesting. This may be even better than my Resizing Technique. Im guessing its basically the same thing under the hood. You have just found a faster way to make the changes My technique is manually doing. Nice find. I will have to give this a try.
    http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/32594/resizing-to-ipad-technique#latest
    Haha cool
    @DimensionScope - Yep, but be careful. You will need to change the width of many actors to get rid of the squished feeling.
    You can set up everything in prototype
  • kinzuakinzua Member Posts: 554
    @zhongmincan geez.. thanx.. had i known it a few months back.. Nice share.. =D>
  • RUPASRUPAS Member Posts: 823
    Amazing!!, I converted my game, iphone to Nook in 10 seconds and it works perfectly.
  • crazycam99crazycam99 Paris, FranceMember Posts: 519
    Thanks for sharing I will now make an iPad version of the project I'm working on
  • BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    I tried this with a game that has Balls that become squished and if you resize them the collide area stays the same so they overlap this was the same problem I noticed with the old way, so seems colliding circles have issues.
  • osucowboy18osucowboy18 Member Posts: 1,307
    Holy crap! I just took one of my more complex iPhone projects and converted it to an iPad project in under 30 seconds. After half an hour of resizing a few things that were sized specifically for the iPhone, I'm ready to begin testing! Thanks so much for sharing this awesome technique.

- Alex
  • WTDeveloperWTDeveloper Member Posts: 352
    I used this trick to convert my game Sheep Count in an half hour!!!
    Sent it to Apple yesterday!!!

Thanks!!!
    WTDeveloper

• simo103simo103 Member, PRO Posts: 1,331
    nice .. thanks!
    The only problem I see with this technique is some of my graphics look blurry on the iPad when I use this technique. However, when I use Darren's Project Resizer for example, my graphics are nearly as blurry as they are with this one. Anybody know any quick work arounds for this?

- Alex
    The only problem I see with this technique is some of my graphics look blurry on the iPad when I use this technique. However, when I use Darren's Project Resizer for example, my graphics are nearly as blurry as they are with this one. Anybody know any quick work arounds for this?

- Alex
    Yeah put in iPad sized artwork
    edited July 2012

- Alex
    Yeah put in iPad sized artwork
    That's just it. When I use DBA's Project Resizer tool (which I have on this particular app before), I have NEVER had to replace the art after porting from iPhone to iPad. I'm guessing the only reason I would now is because in GameSalad, I'm still working with an iPhone sized screen after using @zhongmincan's technique (which only changes the platform). I'm sure my current art would work fine if I could get GameSalad to keep the iPad platform AND allow me to work within an iPad sized scene. Hopefully that makes sense :) Any ideas?
  • TechNoirTechNoir Member, PRO Posts: 117
    This is excellent,, thank you... Saved me a ton of work..
    I have absolutly no blurry issues with art using this or my resizing technique. I just use retina iPhone or iPad art and it's all good.
  • wayneh001wayneh001 Member Posts: 300
    Hi All,

These new resizing techniques look quite smart and simple. As some of you know we do have a tool to aid in resizing GameSalad Project files, but recently there has been a few new ways of resizing GS Project files being described which is good too.

This method certainly looks slick - but to help the process even further we have created a small tool which will do this technique for you - automatically. Best of all it's FREE!

DBA GS Quick Resize

The tool also implements our HD Scaling algorithm found in our PNG Inspector PRO tool. So, if you enable this option the tool will automatically HD Scale UP your images in the newly created project file. This will help remove the 'jaggies' and the scaled up files.

Features
    - Drag and Drop interface
    - Simple select TARGET Size from menus
    - HD Scaling
    - Quick processing
    - Free :-)

As this is hot off the dev press, we haven't updated our Resource Centre Lite tool yet, or the DBA website, but you can download a copy from our site today if you want to give it a try.

Download Link: DBA GS Quick Resize Download

As this is a FREE tool, just click on the [Checkout] button, NOT the PayPal button.

Again, this tool only simulates the process described by [zhongmincan] in this post, it does not scale and resize actors or the scene - but the results do look pretty good.

Cheers
    Wayne

More Tools & Templates available from
    Deep Blue Apps.com
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Damn this is AWESOME!!
    @Wayneh001

Wow very nice. Im downloading now.

Just curious does this address the camera Size, Tracking area and Origins from the original project versions?
  • simo103simo103 Member, PRO Posts: 1,331
    @Wayneh001 .. greatly appreciated .. thanks!
  • wayneh001wayneh001 Member Posts: 300
    Thanks everyone.

Just curious does this address the camera Size, Tracking area and Origins from the original project versions?
    This tool only simulates the process described in the original post. So the tool sets the Project size and Platform the user selects - and changes the XML data accordingly. We've not done a whole lot of testing with Tracking, Origins and Cameras etc... If you have any further insight or knowledge of any problems this process creates, then I'd be interested to know the issues and work through them with you.

Wayne
  • RThurmanRThurman Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 2,879
    @Wayneh001

Works great! Thanks so much!
  • Dazza006Dazza006 Member Posts: 248
    edited July 2012
    Awesome iphone to ipad in under 30 seconds
    Thanks so much @Wayneh001
  • DoguzDoguz Member Posts: 500
    Awesome DBA!!
  • BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    Only real issue I see with all of these techniques is circle collision's will come up short on things like balls in a game or really anything that uses a circle for collision but balls really show it, not an issue with control buttons and such.