ORIENTATION BUGGING OUT???

bladeolsonbladeolson Member Posts: 295
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Game Salad is acting strangely for me. Since today all my apps when I load them onto a device change from portrait into landscape mode. The strange thing is that it happens during the game running? Any idea what is UP? do I need to do a clean install of GS?

Comments

• beatragebeatrage Member Posts: 126
    Yes I haven't updated yet to the new 0.84 but my game today started the game UPSIDE DOWN and then flipped to the correct position from the start and my back button when you are in my options started my game like I was in the main screen touching the GAMESTART function.

Strange bugs from nothing! like my machine is been hacked all the time!
  • HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
    It happens to me too and no matter what I check in scene attributes in autorotate, my game rotates always somwhere.

If I check left, it rotates to right and vice versa. The GS logo screen is always up side down compared to the GS viewer loading screen and my game always flip from one side to the other.

I DONT'T WANT AUTOROTATION!

Why the frick do you GS guys always have to add fricken useless functions to this programm, just to break even what it worked well before?
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    You're settings are bad, double check them all. There are many people who have gotten Auto-Rotation to work with minimal effort.
    I just doublechecked.

Everything is set to right
    I publish to right
    my first scene starts up side down and rotates to right

What the !@#$% (yes I said !@#$%! !@#$% !@#$% !@#$%!) is this?

I DON'T WANT THIS!
  • VoidedSkyVoidedSky Member Posts: 1,095
    Did you check auto-rotate in the scene panel?
  • synthesissynthesis Member Posts: 1,693
    LOL!
    I skipped the update...everything works fine for me! :)
    Looks like we are all SOL until Monday or Tuesday...when Gendai returns to work.
    Look, I tried everything. I published the app to the iphone (not GS viewer!) with every test.

1. Check "Autorotate right" in every scene (landscape)

Result:
    GS logo starts right
    First scene is up side down - rotates to right

I hate this! I don't want my scene rotate.

2. Check "Autorotate left" in every scene (landscape)

Result:
    GS logo starts right
    First scene is left (doesn't rotate)

I don't want left AND I don't want the GS logo being up side down related to my scene

3. Unchecked every autorotate checkbox in every scene, chosed Right / Left while publish

Result:
    GS Logo is right
    First scene is left (doesn't rotate)

Just like Nr 2.

GS Devs: If you already make such a stupid and useless function, then let me chose my orientation and start the fucking app in this direction.

AND MAKE TWO GS LOGOS FOR GOD'S SAKE!

It looks stupid if the GS logo is in one direction and the game in another.

And NO, the Rotating scene is NOT COOL. IT IS ANNOYING!

-------

@Synthesis:

I am already sorry for updating. Don't do it if you want to release an app in the next few days.
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    What are the initial settings in your Project Editor? iPad Landscape, iPhone Landscape,???

Did you look in the advanced settings when publishing?

And watch your language.
    Iphone landscape
    I use advanced settings every time when I publish

And you should watch what you release. Then people have no reason to watch their language.

GRRRR
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    Ok I see your concerns now.

I will offer this workaround. At least until we get that issue fixed.

Allow the auto-rotation to the correct position.
    Place an actor that is completely black and covers enough of the viewable area that you do not see it rotate.
    Create a rule that checks when auto-rotation is finished,
    ---Use the interpolate behavior to change the alpha from 1 to 0 so it give the scene a fade in effect.
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Hunn seriously you sound like a drunken sailor, knock off the swearing!

It's not helping you here, so I would cut it out
  • jhaasjhaas Member Posts: 233
    Tshirt: I appreciate your help and thank you.

But let me say this (not directly aimed at you) I think, if I already paid 99 dollar, then I am entitled to voice my opinion about updates and features and I am entitled to outrage if it is my business suffering because of this (no matter how crappy my app is).

I don't even count that my game was rejected and now I have to wait until monday evening for review by apple, because it was partially my fault, you can say.

And upfront: don't tell me it is beta. If I already paid for something, the argument about beta is not counting. It is business.

If I want to swear, I will. If I wouldn't have paid for it, I wouldn't say a word. If somebody demands money for something, then I am also entitled to demand a working thing in exchange.
    They are also entitled to give me my money back and refuse me to use their software, if they have a problem with that, what I am saying.

And to the kids: The kids on the net not only know what f*** means, but they are even doing it already. Right now! This american mess with "save our kids and don't swear" s*** doesn't work for me. It is just your american double standard. You swear in movies on the street in TV in your songs and everywhere it is possible, but "ah you are not allowed to write it down on the net" F*** that sh***!

I am sure, I use less bad words in daily life, than 99% of your people do. In my language namely not every second word is "!@#$%", like in american english. So I am not the one, your kid will learn this from.

You can avoid your kid ever seeing this word, he will go postal on his school anyways, because he doesn't know, what !@#$% is and he doesn't know that all he would have needed was a real blow job.

Do you want to save your kid?
    Then set up his/her PC with parent control and choose the sites with bambis and hello kitty he/she can visit and then you will have no problem.

I am not the one, who has to watch about all the children of the world. Their parent's are.

Now you can ban me. I don't care, but then I will my money back.

@Codemonkey:

Thank you for your work around.
    I don't want a workaround.
    I want a working software.

That with the fix was not so hard to say, was it? if you would do it more often, people were more happy here.
    Hey Hunn...
    Believe me...I like a good rant once in a while...
    But it appears many people on here have very delicate feelings and are very protective of their beloved GS.

My suggestion is to continue expressing your opinions/concerns...but write the words F*#$ and S*%$ as such and then you can't get accused of swearing as easily. And whatever you do...never suggest that the GS devs are having solicited intercourse with hired professionals instead of debugging their code :)...otherwise you will get a "time out" (sorry Cobra :)

Lastly, make your points known...and give GS a couple of days to iron out the kinks in the release. This is why I didn't update...I wanted to let the new version "breath out" for a few days before I exposed my babies to the new air...so to speak.

Hang in there...you're too valuable a member to get banned off.
  • adadoadado Member Posts: 219
    @Hunn: I would think you would want to contain your rage for screaming into a pillow or working it out on a punching or heavy bag. If you want to share your dissatisfaction with the GS devs, then send them an e-mail. Doing so on these forums not only exposes kids and timid folk to your rants but also discredits you to other members such as TSB above. Some of these folks probably have helped you out more than GS bugs have hurt. Think about that last point!

I think it would behoove you to keep things in check a bit more. Are your rants funny to some extent? Yeah. Do I cut you some slack because English may not be your first language? Yeah. But there does come a point when you do need to take what folks say into consideration...especially now that it has happened a few times in different posts/threads.

There is a time and place...honey versus vinegar...etc.
    @Synthesis:

You are right.
    I changed it to F****. Now every american children are saved. They won't know anymore, what that means. Halleluja!

:-P
    @ Synthesis: It has nothing to do with having delicate feelings, it's just a matter of respecting others in the forums.

You can rant all you want, and I've seen you do it, but I don't see you using foul language in the mix.

I'm not saying that you, or any other members on here aren't allowed to rant, just stay away from foul language.
    @Adado:
    Sorry, I have to react, if somebody starts with stupid arguments.

I was already calmed and was not interested in the whole thing anymore, but I can't stand if somebody comes with "save our children" sh***.

He could have said "i won't help you anymore". Period. He doesn't have to start explaining why I shouldn't talk like that. I already know. I am not an idiot.

If somebody thinks I am, I only get provoked.

:-)

@Butterbeans:

You appearantly didn't see Synthesis' last rant in that thread about.... no clue what it was about :-)
    Sometimes it takes carrots...sometimes it takes sticks. Swear words are sticks...Kudos are carrots. Regardless...it is all self-expression and I'm not about to censor anyone.

My only suggestion was...to use F*** type words...to respect others...as you suggest. But censorship of a thought is not necessary...

Its just words anyway. Its not like he is punching you in the face.
    So, can we please drop it?

I am an a***hole. Everybody knows. Don't feed the troll! If you comment, I have to comment. So it is your fault, if it keeps going.

Think of the children for god's sake!
    Trust me, I'm no saint and I've been through phases of life where if I had a nickel for every swear word, I'd be a retired woman :)

But it's common sense, just choose better wording.

Noone says you can't rant, that's what the forums are for, but keeping the language at bay will only help you, rather than chase people off :)
    LOL!
    This is too entertaining to just let it go.

My last "rant" thread btw...was about Gendai becoming more communicative with us...and helping us better understand how GS works (amongst other things).
    OMG!!! Butterbean's a woman...I would have never guessed.
    Cool!

This would explain it a bit...you've never been in a boys High School locker room...
    Makes Andrew Dice Clay look like a pussycat.
    lol :) That's true! But, some women can be just as bad with swearing... believe me!

wow I haven't heard that name (Andrew Dice Clay) since the 9th grade... I feel old! :)

But it just proves the point, noone really knows anyone on here, so I know we'd all have fun if we had a gtg :)
    Synthesis: Oh yeah, that was it :-)

btw english is my third language (after hungarian and german). I probably make many mistakes in grammar and wording, but I don't care :-)

So, Butterbean just proved me. Everybody swears. If I am angry, I swear.

I am a straight man and I say, what I think. Most people have problems with it. I haven't. Everybody can think, what he/she wants. I don't care.

I never will be hypocritical for sake of the common standards, but I will never lie too and I won't praise GS devs for sure, nor anybody else, just to look good.
    Gay, straight, woman, or whookie, eventually you will offend someone :)

You're from hungary! That explains a LOT :)

I went to nursing school with someone from Hungary, and she offended everyone, but I thought she was cool and we got along, but she said whatever was on her mind... offensive or not... she was quite entertaining :)

And she rubbed some people the wrong way for sure :))
    @butterbean and Hunn...
    As you can see...different cultures approach language differently.

When Hunn said he is a straight man...I think he meant "straight-shooting" or "straight-speaking" ...not straight as it not gay.

Language is a tricky thing. My wife is Russian. I know this first hand. Move on and let people express themselves however they wish. If you don't like it or if it offends...move on to another post and ignore the person.

But I have found...Hunn should be commended for his frankness. Usually he is saying what everyone else is thinking...he just has the ba**s to say it out loud (I edited the word "balls" out in respect for anyone under 8 years old is following this application development forum).
    Butterbean: I am happy, you know us :-)
    At least somebody understands us :-)

You know (and I really don't want to mock around on americans, because I like them mostly, but) the only thing that disturbed me when I was in america, that everybody is doing so nice, and smile and everything, but they don't mean it.

We can't do that. If I don't like you, I will say it. And I think, your hungarian colleague was offending, because americans are not used to it.

In Canada I believed that people really mean what they say and they are really nice. In the USA it was most of the time just some smattering.

Of course I don't want to generalize and I don't say, everybody is like that.

I just say, I understand, why people get offended so easily and to be honest, I don't give a damn about it, because I know, how they really are.
    @Synthesis: I love you :-)
    I think, we could be really good friends IRL if we would know eachother :-)

@Tshirt: whatever...

But you know what?: I don't release things with bugs. And if I know, I will release something with bugs, I don't want money for it.

It's not that the 99 dollars would make me poor. It's just principles.

We released Alpine Crawler and you can read the reviews. We were called idiots and we should f*** our mothers and whatnot. You know what? I don't care. I just laughed.

If you are offended by me, please talk to your precious GS guys and ask them for a ignore filter on the forum. You are pro. You paid them 2ooo dollars. You have all the rights to ask them for it. You are also a fanboi, so they will be happy to make you this favor.

Until then, enjoy your life, but don't hold your breath.