Error 3! (error publishing a Mac app on mountain lion)

Comments

• JustMe74JustMe74 Member, PRO Posts: 542
    I just remembered that I have Lion on one of my MacBooks .... so I installed the appropriate certs and was able to publish just fine. Whew!

I'd like to repeat my offer of allowing GS support remote access to my iMac if they want to test this....
  • MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Member Posts: 1,447
    I'm having the same problem. I'm on a mid 2007 iMac that I recently upgraded to ML.

• GreggTheDevGreggTheDev Member, PRO Posts: 33
    Alright, so it's fine to delete ALL my certificates? I'm running Lion on my MacBook Pro and Mt. lion on my other pro--I get error 3 either way (iOS app, by the way). Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
  • ultimaultima Member, PRO Posts: 1,207
    don't take our word for it, we are on virtual machine when we did that. 10.7.4 not Mountain lion.
    ok so i just tried doing the something on mountain lion. and error 3 pops up. so there u go @GreggTheDev
    I imported all my certificates and profiles on a MacBook Pro with 10.7.4 and I was able to publish a Mac app.

@SaladStraightShooter Given that ultima and jon also resolved the problem by publishing in Lion (10.4.7), it appears that the problem lies with Mountain Lion.

• thecoolone3thecoolone3 Member Posts: 3
    I've never needed a developer certificate before... this is one of many of the games that I've published, but the first through GameSalad 0.10.00.
  • Peter_OlafsonPeter_Olafson Member Posts: 301
    Lion sounds like a great option. But I can't do that. When I updated to the latest game salad it said to upgrade my OS so I chose to go from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion. It seemed like the more stable choice for my real software, the adobe creative suite & fcp studio. I hope a solution is found for Mountain Lion.
  • tkullatkulla Member Posts: 64
    edited September 2012
    I'm getting that same "Error 3!" when I try to publish for Android. But since it's my first time trying to make a Kindle Fire app I'm not certain that I'm not doing something wrong (or missing a step despite following the instructions carefully).

@SaladStraightShooter The problem is that after exporting the same developer profiles on another machine with Lion they works just fine.

Also I have two dev teams installed and both of them don't work on Mountain Lion.

i haven't been able to publish on mountain lion. but is able to publish on 10.7.4 snow leopard via parallel desktop. trying to emulate the steps taken with no success. I think another member who was able to publish successfully also is using parallel desktop for older OSX emulation.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    if all goes well I should have a screenshare with GS today so they can take a look at my mountain lion that doesn't work and lion virtual that does.
  • Peter_OlafsonPeter_Olafson Member Posts: 301
    Crazy idea that I'll just throw out there. Is it a 64 bit vs 32 bit issue? Is lion 32 and Mountain Lion 64? Are the techs running in 32 vs 64? I have no idea, just throwing out a random idea.
    haha ya jon lion my bad.. there's so many cats i lost count.
  • squirrel42squirrel42 Member, PRO Posts: 195
    I'm still on Lion and I have just started getting the error 3 codes, so I don't think it is to do with ML...
    I'm still on Lion and I have just started getting the error 3 codes, so I don't think it is to do with ML...
    error 3 codes cover a wide range of issues.

the error 3 code when singing a mac app does seem to be just a ml thing

• bjbarisax01bjbarisax01 Member Posts: 9
    Also can't sign with Adhoc Distro cert. Will only allow me to sign with a Development Cert. Anyone have a work around???
    sounds like a bad certificate. I've signed with 10 different adhoc certs more times than I want to count since 0.10 came out.

I've done 10 adhoc builds in the past 4 hours today alone.
    Are you using Mountain Lion? I've experienced the same problem with the regular distro cert too.
    yes, mountain lion.

the error 3 that this thread is about is publishing mac app store apps on mountain lion. That is the same error that many people are having.

anything else is most likely environment related.
  • eternalrhinoeternalrhino Member, PRO Posts: 9
    Any updates on the Error 3 troubleshooting?
    After I scrubbed all my sign certificates then updated and refreshed them I was able to successfully sign with Distro Certs in Mountain Lion. You need to make sure that all of your provisioning profiles are aligned with a valid signing certificate, otherwise you'll continue to generate error 3 when trying to sign a Distribution version.
    So I've refreshed several times, having everything in line, all certificates and provisioning files are valid, and still giving the Error 3. I'm nervous because I'm about to purchase the pro account, but if it keeps doing this, the app I'm developing for a client wont be up in the time that I promised. Can any gamesalad employee let me know if this is something that will be updated asap? Publishing was working fine until I upgraded to lion.
    Sorry, mountain lion! :)
    What I found was that when I upgraded Xcode and Mountain Lion, it threw all my certificates out of line. When I scrubbed everything totally it worked for both Adhoc and Publishing Distro Signing. I'll be working again with it today. I'll update if the problem resurfaces again. I feel your pain.... The HTML5 compatibility on the Arcade is all messed up!
    edited September 2012
    when you said you scrubbed everything totally did you start from scratch? as in deleting all of your certificate/provision on your mac and also on ios development page, and re-create the whole shabang? i just tried that.. didn't work. (well I didn't re-generate the private key. but that's about it.) the thing is that's exactly what I did on the virtual machine and it works perfectly(not re-generating private key too). i mean no complains as long as there's a way to publish (thanx to jon, he should be hired as tech support!). it'll just be a lot easier if things gets resolved.
    when you said you scrubbed everything totally did you start from scratch? as in deleting all of your certificate/provision on your mac and also on ios development page, and re-create the whole shabang? i just tried that.. didn't work. (well I didn't re-generate the private key. but that's about it.) the thing is that's exactly what I did on the virtual machine and it works perfectly(not re-generating private key too). i mean no complains as long as there's a way to publish (thanx to jon, he should be hired as tech support!). it'll just be a lot easier if things gets resolved.
    I don't think he has having problems publishing to Mac, I think he was having problems publishing in general.
    ic, i thought finally someone is able to publish to mac on ML. must be hallucinating.
    When I say "scrubbed", I went through and made sure that every profile that I had was valid with a valid signing certificate. Then I downloaded the revised profiles from the provisioning portal and also refreshed them in the Organizer of Xcode. When all the profiles I had, actually lined up with my valid signing certificates and were all valid, then the publishing of Distribution (both Adhoc and iTunes) worked with Mountain Lion. Make sense? Hope this helps someone. I just published another Adhoc again, so I know that it was the fix.
    we are talking about publishing to OSX, there's no problem publishing to iOS.