Problems signing app since 0.10.1 update

Comments

• GSAnimatorGSAnimator Member Posts: 312
    edited November 2012
    Now I can sign the iOS app without error 1

Just be sure to update the Newest Xcode from AppStore now the version is 4.5.2 (4G2008a) :)
  • PixelPunPixelPun Member Posts: 324
    Yeah I'm having this same problem.... going to try some of the fixes listed here
  • neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
    @pinkio75 I still had the same problem even with the latest Xcode 4.5.2. I had to sign my app with the older version of creator. I waited a few days and now all is working as expected with version 0.10.1.
  • pinkio75pinkio75 Member, PRO Posts: 1,212
    edited November 2012
    @neoman
    Yes i have the same problem, today i try to remove all my version of Xcode, and after i reinstall Xcode 4.5.2, but unfortunately i have not resolve my Mac App Signature error code1...
    edited November 2012
    Hi @SaladStraightShooter
    I have followed your procedure, step by step..
    but nothing has changed about my error code1 on Mac Signature,
    so if i want to sign games for Mac i must to upload the game with
    older version of Creator (GS 0.10)
    i use LION 10.7.4, it would be better to use Mountain LION?
    Thanks.
  • kalvinxkalvinx Member Posts: 2
    same problem with Mountain LION, follow all steps from QA suggested,
    spent a whole day just trying to signing the app and there is no way to
    roll back to older version.

I think GS should provide a solution to rollback to older version or a fix
    for this release. Thanks.
    edited November 2012
    @kalvinx
    Yes, but it's very very strange...i'm in the same situation, i spent a whole day just trying to sign my Mac App, i follow step by step from QA suggestion.
    it's very strange because if I use the old version of GS 0.10.0 "only" to "upload" the game then it's signed correctly by the new GS version 0.10.1...
    I think that if the certificates have problems should not work on both versions ... but it seems that only the new creator have this "upload" problem.
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    Are you using a Mac App signing cert? Not the same as idevice. Did you try outputting without signing for Mac app?
  • kalvinxkalvinx Member Posts: 2
    pinkio75, i just had my issue resolved. i installed latest xcode 4.5.2, but when i signing my app, looks like GS is using older version of xcode in my Mac machine, so i did this:
    "sudo /Developer/Library/uninstall-devtools –mode=all", then reboot the machine and
    reinstall xcode 4.5.2 again, now all working, i didn't test Mac signing process. i believe also installed Xcode 4.5.2 command tools as well. for those still have same issue, you can try to remove all there older version of Xcode by using sudo " /Developer/Library/uninstall-devtools –mode=all". WARNING, this may affect your current setting or other xcode related projects, so if you are not sure, don't do it.

suggestion to GS, instead of showing the current error message , try change the signing-app process to check developer's xcode version before verifying certificates, this way both GS developer and game developer knows what is main cause of the "not being able to signing app" and may help QA team to isolate the issue. I know your guys are working hard, have a lot stuff in your plate, but this effect can benefit GS in long run.

Thanks.
    edited November 2012
    thank you @Kalvinx for your suggestion,
    but i don't want to risk other problems because i don't able with terminal and line command, anyway i can able to compile all apps for iOS/Android with GS 0.10.1 my problem is only for Mac Apps, for now i use the switch between GS 0.10.0 and GS 0.10.1 fingers crossed that GS resolve this issue in the new release.
    If you can please test Mac App sign.
    Thanks anyway for your update :)
  • kapowpictureskapowpictures Member Posts: 3
    Cannot sign app-not happy-have wasted the whole day. Have followed steps above-but still get code error 1. Have 10.1 and Xcode 10.5.
    edited November 2012
    I dug my Gamesalad 10.0 out of the trash and managed to generate my app and get it signed. Only problem is the file must be corrupt as I cannot select it in Deliver You App in itunes. (I even tried uploading in 10.0 and then closing and opening in 10.1 for signing.) Very disappointed. Any other thoughts/solutions?
    @kapowpictures
    I don't understand,
    have You a problem with the file generated by GS in Application Loader?
    Are you sure that the file is zipped?
    I never found errors between new GS 0.10.1 and Application Loader.
    This is the good thing about the forum-just when you need help someone gives you the last piece of the puzzle. Thanks-I didn't zip the file. So all is fine. Good I posted something though!
  • GSAnimatorGSAnimator Member Posts: 312
    Can anyone test Mac app sign on Mountain lion Thanks! :)
    edited November 2012
    I test Mac App sign in LION and i used 0.10.1 to compile App and my problem about name change has been solved.
    My Mac App has been published in the Mac AppStore.
  • BoyGeniusStudiosBoyGeniusStudios Member Posts: 92
    I used Lion and it was fine. Just make sure you are using the latest version of gamesalsd and Xcode and redownload all your certificates.
  • notthedreamnotthedream Member Posts: 23
    No solution for mountain yet? This is getting to long.
  • HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792
    edited December 2012
    @pinkio75 Thanks for posting your solution. I was having the same error code. So I tried re-uploading my game to GS publishing with GS 0.10.0 and then signing it with 0.10.1

Now the signing process works.

Hopefully it will get through the mac app store approval process without any technical faults...!

@SaladStraightShooter - Can you pass that along to the QA team please. It seems like 0.10.1 has a problem with Mac publishing. As noted above it's only on the initial upload to the GS publishing server that has a problem.
    edited December 2012
    @HoneyTribeStudios
    Hi, and thanks for your comment.
    About the approval process
    currently i compiled with this "pinkio75" method
    9 game for Mac AppStore, and only 1 games has been rejected with this issue:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Apps that are not sandboxed appropriately may be rejected"
    Apps should have only the minimum set of entitlements necessary for the app to function properly. If there are entitlements that are not needed, please remove them and submit an updated binary. You will need to Developer Reject the app to upload an updated version.
    com.apple.security.network.server
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Any suggestion is welcome
    honestly I not have idea what to do but I recompiled the games and i resend it
    and now "fingers crossed" :)
    I can also say that I tried all the solutions proposed by SSS but I have not solved this problem about MAC publishing, I think it's not clear where it is exactly the issue about GS 0.11 Upload process..
  • HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792
    @pinkio75 - I'll just have to hope it goes through. The game file plays fine on my mac so hopefully it'll be ok.

@SaladStraightShooter - Some more info which may help identify the problem with mac publishing.

When uploading with 010.0 and signing with 0.10.1

The signed game file plays fine (on Lion 10.7.5)
    But the file you receive when pressing 'download file' does not work. It crashes before starting up.

When uploading with 0.10.1
    You can't sign. You get the error that has already been posted.
    However... The file you receive when pressing 'download file' works fine.
  • ericdg123ericdg123 Member, PRO Posts: 156
    Is this still a problem for anyone?
    @pinkio75 I'm having the exact problem as you. Everything is fine except for mac.

I would happily try the 0.10.0 thing but can't find the download anywhere.

I'd really like to get my mac apps up and I've wasted to many hours trying to figure this out already.
  • Nickop9Nickop9 Member Posts: 3
    I am so unimpressed with this i have downgraded to 0.10 and did what you said but now this error comes up.... Code Signing Error 1: /var/folders/wf/jdwv1g7j02v5g3j4h00by0mw0000gp/T/GameSalad0/13/Cat Climb.app: replacing existing signature
    /var/folders/wf/jdwv1g7j02v5g3j4h00by0mw0000gp/T/GameSalad0/13/Cat Climb.app: CSSMERR_TP_NOT_TRUSTED

Make sure your provisioning profile, developer certificate, and WWDR certificate are installed, valid, not expired or duplicated, and signed with a private key in the keychain on the computer you are signing with.

Please Help!!!!
    edited February 2013
    @Nickop9

Hi, for me this error affected only Mac signature games.

1) For signed Mac Apps i use 0.10 "only to upload" the game than the upload is finish
    i "shutdown the 0.10" than i launch the 0.11 an i sign my App with 0.11

2) For non signed Mac Apps i upload my game with 0.11 and after the game is generated i download the non signed App.

However there are many factors that influence this process, i'm not sure that this method is valid for all.
  • Nickop9Nickop9 Member Posts: 3
    @pinkio75 oh ok well i have been having heaps of trouble but thanks for the help anyway :)
  • glyniusglynius Member Posts: 231
    My problem still goes on, i haven't tried the downgrade of gamesalad to test @pinkio75 's way yet. To the development utility, i must do the certificates and everything with some row or it doesn't matter? Also i wish that there was a tutorial for mac development and profiles and certificates, as @tsirtbooth made for IOS.
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,880
    edited February 2013
    I had a codesign error this week and found I had a duplicate distribution certificate. Since it is not so hard to build a new one I deleted the first I saw and for some reason it worked. But I guess I was lucky.
  • adamgfadamgf Member Posts: 3
    same problem here for deploying to iphone. I definitely do not have duplicate certs in my key chain. I am using XCode 4.5 and on Lion 10.7.5. I used XCode to create my dev and dist certs made sure that I created a fresh provisioning profile but I keep getting an error message that there is something wrong with my provisioning profile. Not sure what to do. I deleted and reinstalled certs, devices, provisioning profiles and nothing works.