★★★ DBA Competition-Win ANY item from DBA ★★★

Comments

• crazycam99crazycam99 Paris, FranceMember Posts: 519
    Yes @Jordeyy took my screen shot and added a "4" as @Chakku said.
  • crazycam99crazycam99 Paris, FranceMember Posts: 519
    There is even written the "j'aime" for Facebook in the place of like as I am French.
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    Few more days to go guys, I will try and beat my best today.

Darren.
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    I can't get past 3680.
  • JarrenHJarrenH Member Posts: 206
    You know what? Due to my obvious lack of skill at this game, I propose one more category of winners, land on the yellow pads and win a prize! :D https://www.dropbox.com/s/kn94zst30i7doxk/Close.png
  • FajlajpFajlajp Member Posts: 666
    Lol... I made my best score yesterday but now I noticed that me and mounted has the exact same score :P https://www.dropbox.com/s/i15llcl82n5ptpr/dba competition record.png
    @DeepBlueApps.com
    Could you make a top three of the leaders because I´ve got no idea who is top three :-/
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited March 2013
    It's sad to see so many people cheating with their fake screenshots and Photoshop tinkering, have these people no honour, no shame, this kind of underhandedness and chicanery has no place in this competition.

Anyhow, enough complaining, here is my current best:

P.S. instead of the prize of 'anything-from-DBA' can I just have the cash equivalent instead as I've already got cracked copies of everything made by DBA.
  • mounted88mounted88 Member Posts: 1,113
    @fajlajp you got it yesterday and didn't post it until after I posted mine hmmmm.

@DeepBlueApps.com what are the odds of some getting the same score?
    edited March 2013
    @mounted88
    I live in Sweden so I didn't have time to publish in the middle of the night...
    But I like how you think that with the odds. What are the odds? Because when woke up and saw you score I were really chocked. So I ask @DeepBlueApps.com the same question. How big are the odds?
    edited March 2013
    . . . what are the odds of some getting the same score?
    Not only an identical score, but an identical screen shot that even crops off the bottom of the 'Website & Resources' graphic at the bottom of the page on the very same pixel.**

:))

(**it's the same image, looks like Fajlajp accidentally uploaded your screenshot ;) ).

I love the subterfuge and craftiness going on in this thread. :))

It looks like my own score of 150,587 still stands.
    edited March 2013
    What are the odds?
    The same score, down to 1/100th of a point ?
    The same screenshot down to the identical pixel where the crop happens ?
    The red square in the identical position, down to the very same pixel ?

Hard to say really, but the numbers are vanishingly small.
    Let's imagine the average score is between 3,400 & 3,900 (I know people have posted higher and lower scores, but this is just a quick calculation).
    So with decimal places running down to the 1/100ths there are 50,000 possible scores between 3,400 and 3,900, so the odds in this case would be 1/50,000.

But what's weird is that mounted88 has slightly odd RGB values compared to everyone else, his screenshot is slightly desaturated . . . . and here's the weird thing . . you seem to be suffering from the very same colour mismatch.

And there's more . . . when the game is placed on the screen it will rarely be on the same pixel, if it falls between whole pixel values the type (and the game in general) will be anti-aliased differently compared to if it is sitting on a whole pixel value . .

. . . so here's another weird thing, when you and mounted88 were playing the game you both had your browser window positioned identically (in relation to the nearest pixel) . . . . and not only horizontally but also vertically.

• creativeappscreativeapps Member Posts: 1,770
    @Socks you are very funny. @Braydon_SFX you must awarded Socks with comedy badge.. :))
  • capitalcarnagecapitalcarnage Member Posts: 371
    edited March 2013
    i think this is probably my final stab
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6a026ddd066p7yp/3926.18.tiff
    oh christ just realised, this is from last week, its legit, will try and get another on the new bg.
    edited March 2013
    @Socks you are very funny. @Braydon_SFX you must awarded Socks with comedy badge.. :))
    Fake !!!!

(only joking!)

P.S why is your background black ?
    edited March 2013
    oh christ just realised, this is from last week, its legit, will try and get another on the new bg.
    Too late, the lynch mob is already on the way to your house.

I think we need a grand inquisition with ducking stools and everything.
  • capitalcarnagecapitalcarnage Member Posts: 371
    noooooooooo.
    noooooooooo.
    It's no good begging for mercy, the ducking stool with get the truth out of you. So far there are about 8 people in this thread who will probably need 'investigating' :))

Luckily my own screenshot has been verified as authentic by the National Union of Screenshot Makers*.

[*Hastily sets up the National Union of Screenshot Makers and makes himself Chef Investigating Officer]
    Here is a new one with another score. Not as good as the one I posted earlier but that was accused for copying.
    @DeepBlueApps.com
    Could you say what you think.
    But here comes one other
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8wnwcppxdhzq3z/Skärmavbild 2013-03-17 kl. 14.53.20.png
    edited March 2013
    Here is a new one with another score. Not as good as the one I posted earlier but that was accused for copying.
    @DeepBlueApps.com
    Could you say what you think.
    But here comes one other
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8wnwcppxdhzq3z/Skärmavbild 2013-03-17 kl. 14.53.20.png
    "that was accused for copying"

Can't for the life of me think why ? :)) ;)

It's weird, the facebook 'like' button on this one is in Swedish ('Gilla'), but when you posted 'your' (cough . . . cough) previous high score the 'like' button was in English (not dissimilar in that respect to mounted88’s screenshot . . . cough . . . cough).

So, what have we so far:
    The identical score, down to the decimal places.
    The identical crop along the bottom edge.
    The identical position of the red square down to the pixel.
    The identical desaturated RGB values.
    The identical anti-aliasing indicating . . . .
    The identical horizontal and vertical position of the window at the time of taking the screenshot.
    The same English 'like' button (as opposed to the 'like, button in your new score which has changed to Swedish).

Here's a simple test, take mounted88’s screenshot, place it in Photoshop, place your screenshot on a layer above it, invert your image (cmd+I) and change its opacity to 50%, now shift your image (the top layer) around to line it up with the image below, when it is perfectly aligned the whole image will go perfectly flat 50% grey . . . the reason is both files are identical, even the tiniest descrepency in RGB values or anti-aliasing or window position (at the time of taking the screenshot) would prevent you from getting a perfectly flat grey.

They are the same image taken on the same monitor.

C'mon own up ! :)
    @Socks have you looked at the new one. The position of the his red box looks the same as mine and his 8 and 4 in his distance are touching almost to the point of overlapping.

[-X
    edited March 2013
    @Socks
    I own up :) I wanted to see if it would be accused for cheating. You should be the one controlling this pictures. You really have a eye for small details like like-button. I admire you =D>
    But look at my new picture and see. That one is real, isn't.
    @mounted88
    I'm sorry but you were the only one with good score(with the new background)
    So @DeepBlueApps.com
    The first picture was only for testing.
    The second is the real and is in the competition.
    (Did you understand that?)
    @Socks
    I own up :) I wanted to see if it would be accused for cheating.
    Lol, this competition is turning into a psychological thriller !! :))

Luckily my excellent score has not yet been called into question.
    edited March 2013
    So I've a question for @DeepBlueApps.com
    Would you notice that @socks noticed?
    Because I don't want a cheater to win!!! (Hire socks to take a look on the picture ;) )
    @Fajlajp yes @DeepBlueApps.com will notice, he's already called a few people out on cheating.