★★★ DBA Competition-Win ANY item from DBA ★★★

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited March 2013
    So I've a question for @DeepBlueApps.com
    Would you notice that @socks noticed?
    Because I don't want a cheater to win!!! (Hire socks to take a look on the picture ;) )
    They can't afford me, plus they are Brummies so the translation fees for having their language translated into human would be prohibitively expensive.
  • FajlajpFajlajp Member Posts: 666
    Oh, I have not seen that.
    But one question @mounted88
    Am I forgiven?
    Ps. Hope you win the competition :)
    edited March 2013
    Haha @socks
    @Fajlajp yes @DeepBlueApps.com will notice, he's already called a few people out on cheating.

:-\"
  • mounted88mounted88 Member Posts: 1,113
    edited March 2013
    @Fajlajp Hell no your not forgiven. You shouldn't of done it in the first place. Have some Integrity. Then to top it off, you tired playing it off as a test to see who would noticed. It's a shame people cheat at something so simple. If people spent half the time playing as opposed to trying to cheat, you would of had a high score by now. That will be all :-w
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    Very disappointed that a friendly fun competition has had so many controversial moments.

Darren.
  • mounted88mounted88 Member Posts: 1,113
    @DeepBlueApps.com on a good note what's the top 3 looking like now? :D
  • ChakkuChakku Member Posts: 1,513
    edited March 2013
    My opinion is that cheaters should be disqualified from the contest. Any cheater can just claim to be 'testing the waters' or something, but they will easily accept the prize once they 'win'.

If they have the audacity to cheat once, then they should just permanently be out of the contest. I'm in no mood to go and look through all of the screenshots to find another they could have used.

How about from now on we watermark the screenshots? (Can't believe we have to do this! :( )

Chakku
    edited March 2013
    Here's my watermarked score...
    (3,838.04)

Simple, Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire

Chakku

@DeepBlueApps.com

I've sent a non-watermarked image to your inbox- check your PM!

Also wanted to say that this contest was a great idea, and don't be discouraged to do this type of thing again by a small fraction of cheaters

Chakku

edited March 2013
    @DeepBlueApps.com

When does the contest officially end- tonight midnight, or tomorrow midnight?
    Oh, and can you post the latest Top 3?

By the way, have you reached the number of participants needed to increase the winning range from Top 3 to Top 5? :P

Chakku
  • SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Member Posts: 1,603
    @Chakku - I love the watermark ;)

Also.. the watermark actually makes your actual score of 3038.04 look like 3838.04 :))
    - Thomas
    the watermark actually makes your actual score of 3038.04 look like 3838.04 :))
    - Thomas
    @SnapFireStudios
    Erm...my actual score is 3838.04, and that is clear by the right side of the picture :/

And I love the watermark too! You won't believe where it came from ;)

Chakku
  • KillerPenguinStudiosKillerPenguinStudios Member Posts: 1,291
    edited March 2013
    Very disappointed that a friendly fun competition has had so many controversial moments.

Darren.
    I am truly sorry you have to deal with this. You try to do something nice and fun for everyone to do and get together and there's always someone out there trying to ruin it or take the fun out of it. Just a bunch of liars, cheaters, and party poopers! I am disappointed in the number of people trying to cheat their way to the top. I think I find it more upset that we are suppose to be a family on here and support one another but then certain individuals want to go and do this.

Tis Tis! Keep up the GREAT work you do @DeepBlueApps.com. Hopefully those ones who did what they did understand that they were truly in the wrong and apologize. Maybe the ones who are caught cheating should have their name on a "CHEATERS" list and not allowed to participate in future contest you bring to the table because they are bound to do it again in the future. Just a thought.
    edited March 2013
    Ok guys so the top 3 with less than 24 hours to go are...

Mounted88 3851.17

Fajlajp 3841.28

Chakku 3838.04

Darren.
    @DeepBlueApps.com I sent you a P.M. Thanks in advance for taking the time to read it and respond!
  • SearleSamaSearleSama Member Posts: 108
    I think I did well :-)
    Nice @SearleSama. Don't think I could do that if I tried! :p
  • Dazza006Dazza006 Member Posts: 248
    This is my best, but not good enough...

photo ScreenShot2013-03-18at195113_zps74dcb1c1.png

Good-luck all :P
    When does the competition end?(what time tomorrow)
    @DeepBlueApps.com
    @Fajlajp

Is it just me, or do I think @Fajlajp should be disqualified? What he did was just way too dishonest, I just don't think he should be allowed to participate in this contest :(

Now I'm not the contest organizer (if I was, not only would he be out of this contest, but any others I host as well), so this is merely my opinion (however, I think there are a lot of good people on the forums that will agree with me)

It looks like he's in 2nd place, and frankly, I really don't want to see a dishonest person win :(

Chakku
  • capitalcarnagecapitalcarnage Member Posts: 371
    Hopefully my 3926.18 will be considered as its legit (on page 5)
    @chakku.
    If @deepblueapps.com wants me to be disqualified, it´s okey with me. Because I think like you. I don´t want any score that is not honest to win...
    But the score that is on the top 3, I fight really hard for.
    But @chakku...
    I agree with you.
    I only have the hope left to win this contest. We´ll wait till tomorrow and just sees what happens
    I think like you. I don´t want any score that is not honest to win...
    @chakku...
    I agree with you.
    So you forfeit?
    Or do you believe that you can still play, even after your attempt at deceit?

Chakku
    edited March 2013
    Sorry capitalcarnage I missed that one.

In regards to people cheating I might be a little soft and also because this is a friendly comp I don't really want to disqualify anyone tbh and i will have to make the next comp even tighter if I do another.

Comp over at 10 am gmt 12.5 hours to go.

Capitalcarnage 392618

Mounted88 3851.17

Fajlajp 3841.28

Chakku 3838.04

Yes decided to do a top 4 to keep folks happy.

Darren.
    @DeepBlueApps.com
    I really thinks that you is really kind for let me compete.
    And @chakku, No I don´t want to forfeit. I just wanted DBA to decide if I would stay, or not.
    Hope my score will be enough :) (finger cross)
    Sorry capitalcarnage I missed that one.

In regards to people cheating I might be a little soft and also because this is a friendly comp I don't really want to disqualify anyone tbh and i will have to make the next comp even tighter if I do another.

Comp over at 10 am gmt 12.5 hours to go.

Socks 150,587

Capitalcarnage 392618

Mounted88 3851.17

Fajlajp 3841.28

Yes decided to do a top 4 to keep folks happy.

Darren.
    "Yes decided to do a top 4 to keep folks happy."

Good move.