New illustrated character what do you think ?

Its almost outlined , so it wont be long till i am coloring it , but i am just wondering what people think ?

Comments

• JordeyyJordeyy Member Posts: 409
    Sorry for posting 2 of the same post , i just put it in the wrong section
  • SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Member Posts: 1,603
    It looks good, but please keep all of your artwork in one thread. :)
    - Thomas
    @snapfirestudios do you think it would be a good game character ?
    Sure, but I'm actually looking at it again... where are the eyes? Are there none?
    - Thomas
    @snapfirestudios i havnt put any , i think it looks nice how it is , but do you think it needs eyes?
  • JarrenHJarrenH Member Posts: 206
    What are the two little ovals inside the mouth then? I thought those were eyes and the guy was in some sort of costume...
    edited April 2013
    @jarrenh im glad you noticed , i didnt say anything to see if people noticed what it was and you did :) :)
  • BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274
    I like it.
    I like it.
    Thanks bro :)

Ah yes, I see the "eyes" now. Looks good.
    - Thomas
    Ah yes, I see the "eyes" now. Looks good.
    - Thomas
    If i paint it to the same standard do you think i will be good enough for peolle to hire ?
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    edited April 2013

You did this, @Jordeyy? I think it's to a professional level, definitely (although needs some tweaking, as well as the colour put on as you want). And if you can keep this quality consistently, you're good enough for people to hire you, I'd say.

Here's my constructive crits/suggestions:

• Where the point of the beard overlaps the thumb, I'd make that beard end shorter so it doesn't overlap (when the image is smaller this'll be clearer at that point)

• The horn: don't know if it's meant to be one horn only or two horns.... so if one horn, I'd move it over to the centre of the head costume more; if it's two, then add the other one the other side (you'd see a bit of it)

• The crown seems like it's not finished with comparison with the rest of the drawing (the line style is different than the rest, thin for a start)

• An excellent style of linework but will only work if this particular illustration was shown this size or not much smaller.... if it was reduced a lot, that style of inner line "emphasis" will be wasted

Hope those points are helpful; look forward to any corrections + colour. :-)

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• DanjinkiesDanjinkies Member, PRO Posts: 13
    The line art looks great. I'm looking forward to seeing the colored version.
    @gyroscope

what do you think now ?

edited April 2013

Hey, he's got feet! :-) Seriously, I like that a lot, @Jordeyy, in fact I'd say it's impressive; really well done. Very much looking forward to the coloured version now. :-)

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

Hey, he's got feet! :-) Seriously, I like that a lot, @Jordeyy, in fact I'd say it's impressive; really well done. Very much looking forward to the coloured version now. :-)
    This is the color so far

this is as much as im going to do tonight but its coming along nice

• JarrenHJarrenH Member Posts: 206
    Awesome! Now you need to rig it with some animation software! Is this just fun art, or is there a game idea behind it?
    Awesome! Now you need to rig it with some animation software! Is this just fun art, or is there a game idea behind it?
    It started as fun art but it seems sad to not use it to be fair , i dont know much about animation though ?
  • BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274
    That is a cool character, really unique. This guy needs to be in a game:-)
  • PBEmpirePBEmpire Member Posts: 676
    you seem to be talented in this. Great work
  • DalleZDalleZ Member Posts: 85
    Did you use a tablet for this ? @Jordeyy
    Did you use a tablet for this ? @Jordeyy
    No i didnt , i have got a tablet though
    this is how im getting on :)

tell me what you think ?
    Do you think any colors need changing
  • POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
    Try red for the fur maybe?!

Roy.
    edited April 2013

I'd agree with Roy there; dark red fur might work well... maybe make the horn orange... coming along great. :-)

@POM what about his hands and feet ?
    @gyroscope what about his hands and feet ?