New illustrated character what do you think ?

Comments

• DhondonDhondon Member Posts: 717
    edited April 2013
    Ahhh.. Good. But you forgot to mention that in this post (followed by superman and the vampire pic) :
    @gyroscope here are a few more things i have designed but not finished , everyone tell me what you think ?:)

Just remember to not take credit for other peoples work in the future;)

• JordeyyJordeyy Member Posts: 409
    Ahhh.. Good. But you forgot to mention that in this post (followed by superman and the vampire pic) :
    @gyroscope here are a few more things i have designed but not finished , everyone tell me what you think ?:)

Just remember to not take credit for other peoples work in the future;)

I didnt mean for it to be taken like that bro
  • mounted88mounted88 Member Posts: 1,113

Well all I'm going to say, if you don't want it to be taken that way then don't say "here are a few more things I have designed but not finished" and post superman and the vampire pictures.
    People are going to assume from reading that, that your referring to those pictures also. Then it will take credit away from you by doing so. Because people will think your ripping art off the Internet.

Now back to your fur ball character, he should be a villain in a game.
    The superman drawing http://s178.photobucket.com/user/DiM-topia/media/superman.png.html

Whats wrong with trackng over a drawing ?
  • mounted88mounted88 Member Posts: 1,113
    Nothing is wrong with it for practice. But like I said when you say here is a couple others i designed and show that picture, it saying that its your original artwork. Which is not true.
    @yordeyy You don't know the difference between tracing and designing?
    yeah bro but ive just had my tablet am am installing autodesk sketchbook now to get to grips with it
  • WingmanappsWingmanapps Member Posts: 458
    yeah bro but ive just had my tablet am am installing autodesk sketchbook now to get to grips with it
    well, you're not really answering @dhondon s question
    well, you're not really answering @dhondon s question
    Obv i know the difference but if i use a drawing thats allready been drawn ino i should of said it was from a drawing i just didnt think people was that bothered about my designs i didnt expect it to get so many views , ( the difference is designing is designing it from scratch but tracing is designing over someone elses drawing
    edited April 2013
    So the rest of the pics you have posted are your own creations, stuff you have designed (not traced?)? We won't find more originals on the Internet?
    So the rest of the pics you have posted are your own creations, stuff you have designed (not traced?)? We won't find more originals on the Internet?
    The 3 above were practice pieces the monster i had permission to use the drawing the persons a drawer not on gamesalad so i could not give him
    Credit cause he is not on the forums , also not being nasty but whats it matter to you ifni drawed them or not ? That sounded nasty but it wasnt ment to be nasty , also i am going to draw my own soon and do some of my own inwas just practacing with the tablet and illustrator before i went into drawing
    So why didn't you just say so to begin with? Why withhold information like this?

And who on earth offer freelance work with others artists pieces?:http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/56233/2d-illustrative-artist-available-to-hire#latest

You give credit to artists even if the are not on the Internet. At least states thats is not your work.
    Its my illustrative work i took a doodle that took like 5-10 mins and made it look good , its not like i cant design obv the skills are there , i am just getting to grips with drawing the cartoons and if i dont i will get someone to draw them , drawing them isnt the hardest part so its not like i am using someone elses illustrative work i realy dont see why you are making such a big dealnout of it bro i am learnig you am acting like i tried to sell that charcter to someone all i did was use them as refrences to my illustrator skills
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    It has nothing to do with what you decided to draw or where you gathered your inspiration. It has to do with how you posted here. You made it seem as if they were your original work. You should have said "here's a drawing I made and it's based off of this original (URL)."

You wrote "here are a few more things i have designed but not finished" and then posted three images in a row, two of which (at least) you did not design at all.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

It has nothing to do with what you decided to draw or where you gathered your inspiration. It has to do with how you posted here. You made it seem as if they were your original work. You should have said "here's a drawing I made and it's based off of this original (URL)."

You wrote "here are a few more things i have designed but not finished" and then posted three images in a row, two of which (at least) you did not design at all.
    I honestly disnt mean for it to be like i cheated anyone or pulled the wool over your eyes , i just worded it wrong thats all
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    I honestly disnt mean for it to be like i cheated anyone or pulled the wool over your eyes , i just worded it wrong thats all
    We all make mistakes. Just be clear about it next time and there won't be an issue. You have talent but make sure you're giving credit where credit's due.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

We all make mistakes. Just be clear about it next time and there won't be an issue. You have talent but make sure you're giving credit where credit's due.
    I will bro i didnt mean for it to turn out like this sorry anyone feels like i tried to cheat them
  • SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Member Posts: 1,603
    edited April 2013
    Cool stuff. No need for hating on the stealing, you're just messing around. Maybe next time word things a bit differently so that it doesn't look like you're attempting to steal credit. :)
    - Thomas
  • cBrookscBrooks Member, PRO Posts: 40
    What program do you use?
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Uhh you've also posted a thread offering your services for hire? and your still in the tracing others work as practice phase? how can someone expect to get an original drawing from you. not something traced and slightly modified.

in that thread you also state "I have been designing for years but have recently started designing for games , from the years of experience i have actualy found game designing fun and an actualy very good at it i charge very cheap rates between £8-£15 per hour depending on the project "

So if you have been designing for years wouldn't one assume you would know not only whats right and wrong but how it feels to have your work copied by someone and represented as their own?
  • TheGabfatherTheGabfather Member Posts: 633
    Shady shady. @tenrdrmer Perhaps the service is tracing your scanned drawings, like a pro :)
    Uhh you've also posted a thread offering your services for hire? and your still in the tracing others work as practice phase? how can someone expect to get an original drawing from you. not something traced and slightly modified.

in that thread you also state "I have been designing for years but have recently started designing for games , from the years of experience i have actualy found game designing fun and an actualy very good at it i charge very cheap rates between £8-£15 per hour depending on the project "

So if you have been designing for years wouldn't one assume you would know not only whats right and wrong but how it feels to have your work copied by someone and represented as their own?
    Why am you still going on about it , its old news now , move on
    @cBrooks Google
    That was slightly funny , cause you am acting like i cant use illustrator when obviously i can , i traced drawings yes , but it dont take away the skills used in illustrator
    What program do you use?
    Illustrator and photoshop dude :)
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    @Jordeyy I think you're walking a very fine line. First there was the whole debacle of you not paying an artist. Then you post threads asking about drawing and wanting artists (suggesting your own art is not good enough), you've admitted you can't animate, you then trace pictures and pass them off as if they're your own works and then finally you create a thread offering your services and trying to charge other forum members ... who are likely to end up with modified traced work of others.

How old are you if you dont mind me asking? When you get called up you just brush this all off as if it was nothing. Please take my advice, keep your head down, practice your arts and when you can create original pieces from scratch of high standard, then look to charge ... Don't rip off the community that so readily helps you with everyone of your threads.
    @Jordeyy I think you're walking a very fine line. First there was the whole debacle of you not paying an artist. Then you post threads asking about drawing and wanting artists (suggesting your own art is not good enough), you've admitted you can't animate, you then trace pictures and pass them off as if they're your own works and then finally you create a thread offering your services and trying to charge other forum members ... who are likely to end up with modified traced work of others.

How old are you if you dont mind me asking? When you get called up you just brush this all off as if it was nothing. Please take my advice, keep your head down, practice your arts and when you can create original pieces from scratch of high standard, then look to charge ... Don't rip off the community that so readily helps you with everyone of your threads.
    For starters i wasnt going to pay someone for art that he posted on here for free , and you dont know half about whats goingnon with me tracing the drawings , i have got a friend who is goin to be drawing for me , im mot just tampering with someone elses drawings hes going to be drawing original drawings for me so you cant say im ripping anyone off , they would of got Drawing to there liking which i will then illustrate

And i am learning to animate , i never intended to rip anyone off im not like that and i only asked other people to do my art because it was to advanced to do without a tablet i didnt want to attempt it without a tablet which i have got now ,

And im not being nasty but this has been blown out of preportion ,
    all i did was say these are 3 designs i have done but not finished not even thinking about people will thinki have drawn them i honestly didnt think of that , i am 18 by the way and have got a job i dont rip people off i dont need to i have even made an icon and am half way through making his main character for free cause i want the practice and to show im not a scammer i am a genuinly nice person :)
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    Honestly, I'm just saying be careful. I dont know you, I dont know your motives, what I have said is just because this is how it comes across when looking at everything.