State of GameSalad on 6-5-2013

2»

Comments

• SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339
    .32 fixes the slowdown issue on ipad4 (yeah!) now just to figure out why it screws up the camera rotation in my game.
  • ChimoruChimoru Member, PRO Posts: 137
    edited June 2013
    @CodeWizard Question on async multiplayer, will this be a Game Center addition or something available across all platforms?
  • 3itg3itg Member, PRO Posts: 382
    edited June 2013
    I have been waiting to create my long awaited async "pong"...
    haven't you ever wished you could play a game with your friends in 1 second increments?
    This will be amazing
  • ADSentertainmentADSentertainment Member Posts: 397
    Comparing expressions to expressions, THANK YOU, that is very useful. :D

Having trouble with your game? Sounds like a personal problem.

• ADSentertainmentADSentertainment Member Posts: 397
    Has anyone tried NightlyBuild 0.0.0.32? It is awsome!!! Just made tests - video below. 0.10.3 and earlier versions weren't even close to this performance (terrain generated with loop behavior).

That looks awesome ._. are they adding loop behaviors now? (God I need to get pro so I can check out these nightly builds)

Having trouble with your game? Sounds like a personal problem.

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
    edited June 2013
    I just checked with the developer who is working on comparing expressions to expressions and this will be in the next nightly build.
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    Got a project that runs particularly slow? Feel free to let us know and we’ll take a look!
    @CodeWizard Any ideas when you were going to take a look at my project I sent you a while ago now?

Good work on all other points, sounds awesome :)
  • opie2k1opie2k1 Member, PRO Posts: 36
    I've noticed that one of the nightly builds has fixed a bug I was noticing but when I went to publish, the bug reappeared. Any idea when the fixes from .26 will get incorporated into the publishing? I can't release until it makes it in.

Thanks!
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    number 6 is a great addition... I'll be able to simplify my current project further... yey..
  • LiquidGameworksLiquidGameworks Anchorage, AKMember, Sous Chef Posts: 956
    #6 is freakin' awesome! Especially for those pesky highscore and stat tracking attributes!
  • SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Member Posts: 1,603
    @CodeWizard Question on async multiplayer, will this be a Game Center addition or something available across all platforms?
    They have said that it will be across multiple if not all platforms, so not GameCenter. @CodeWizard also said he would elaborate on the functionality next week.
    - Thomas
  • PBEmpirePBEmpire Member Posts: 676
    Cant wait for #6 in the stable build. I have tons of achievements (not game-centre) and this will save a heck load of time and attributes.
  • EireStudiosEireStudios Member Posts: 451
    @PBEmpire I've been using this in the nightly build, I must say its very handy and saves a lot of hassle ;)
  • amandoamando Member Posts: 1
    My 1st post on GameSalad Forums. Having read trough the forum for a couple of days and very interested in multiplayer async option, here goes my first question...

ENET would be perfect for writing server - clients (UDP) as it's open source MIT License and there are libraries for almost all languages. While HTML5 doesn't support (yet) UDP, have you considered that library for multiplayer games?

Greetings from Spain
    Amando
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,880
    Awesome awesomeness!
  • yasoofxyasoofx Member Posts: 332
    Im Too excited for the 5th one. 5)Multiplayer
  • CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143
    @amando
    The first version of multiplayer will be "async" multiplayer. Think of it like how games like Words with Friends work.

Later we'll tackle real time play. That's when we'll need to take a good look at socket libraries.
  • JoVeJoVe Member Posts: 224
    @SnapFireStudios
    I'm happy to elaborate on how async multiplayer support will work. Will wait until we're really clear on this internally -- after the internal review is done on it. Will see what I can do to give more details next week.

Comparing expressions to each other means just that. Say you have two expressions that you want to compare. Currently you have to store one side of that comparison in an attribute and then compare that attribute to the other side. This new change will allow you to compare expressions to each other directly.

Can't wait to get your feedback on how it works out for you!
    Awesome, I already have many ideas for multiplayer!
    edited June 2013
    By the way @CodeWizard, I'm not sure if you're the one working on this, but what's up with the Q&A system?
    Obviously the Creator gets priority, but I'm just curious if it's going to come back or not.
    - Thomas

P.S. Can't wait for the in-depth on multiplayer tomorrow ;)
    @SnapFireStudios
    Not sure what's up with Q&A. Perhaps @SaladStraightShooter can help us out there.
    I mostly kept it turned off after fixing the CSS to avoid having @SnapFireStudios returning to their path of opening 1,000's of questions.

...but since it's fixed I guess I can turn it back on. :P
    ;)
    - Thomas
  • HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653
    AWESOME that you're looking to hire some new high level talent to work on the tool. Much needed. Excellent.
  • ChakkuChakku Member Posts: 1,513
    I got bad news guys, I lost my watch. Could anyone, such as--oh, I don't know--@CodeWizard remind me what time of week it is? ;)

Chakku
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    I got bad news guys, I lost my watch. Could anyone, such as--oh, I don't know--@CodeWizard remind me what time of week it is? ;)

Chakku
    @Chakku

Lol : )
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    Chakku the days not over yet..lol
    Today's post will be pretty late tonight. Maybe in about 5 hours.
    Ooh. I lied. I'm ready now.
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    Yay!