State of GameSalad on 6-12-2013

124»

Comments

• Bad wolf GuyBad wolf Guy Member Posts: 206
    Shows the maturity of some members here, when you have something that most of the world thinks is a disorder and you find away to accept and even call it a blessing then you my friend have achieved something beyond words. If you see it as a problem then you won't get as far in life because you feel disadvantaged.

Well that's the way I see it, Dave prop thinks differently.....
  • SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Member Posts: 1,603
    What does DNA stand for?
    National Dyslexic's Association :P
    - Thomas
  • RUPASRUPAS Member Posts: 823
    @CodeWizard

hi buddy! I was wondering if ye laid is a chance to integrate push notifications multiplayer games, I've noticed that all games have this functionality, it is very important to receive notifications when it is your turn to play, I also wonder if we will be able to find games by email, username and random. very excited!
    @CodeWizard

hi buddy! I was wondering if ye laid is a chance to integrate push notifications multiplayer games, I've noticed that all games have this functionality, it is very important to receive notifications when it is your turn to play, I also wonder if we will be able to find games by email, username and random. very excited!
    That's a good point that I hadn't thought about. With the user now waiting on others to take turns, they'll have to know when it's their turn... hopefully we can get this functionality soon.
    - Thomas
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    Not to go off topic but watch the documentary called "the big picture" it's about dyslexia and how people with this conditions brain actually works faster than the average brain. Some of the smartest people were dyslexic. Here is the short list of famous dyslexics Albert Einstien, Thomas Edison, Leanardo Da Vinci, Michael Faraday, Alexander Graham Bell, George Washington, Henry Ford and John Lennon. just do a google search the list is pretty long. I call it a gift because of it I can write all my code in my head and track it and even run through it to spot conflicts before I ever even write it in GS. I have a photographic memory and near total recall. The pluses once you learn how your brain processes info and you learn how to harness it you become a learning processing machine leaving the normal brain in the dust... As I said a blessing and a curse.
    I can write all my code in my head and track it and even run through it to spot conflicts before I ever even write it in GS. I have a photographic memory and near total recall.
    Not fair. Not fair at all. :P
    - Thomas
  • LordDLordD Member Posts: 12
    awesome cant wait for the update
  • PBEmpirePBEmpire Member Posts: 676
    TBH game load times has been really good for me in my apps. Sure they are relatively minor or so-so games but the loading times between scenes, although i used plenty of timers was at most 2-4 seconds on my ipad 3 after the most recent stable build update. Cant wait for async.

@codewizard Is gamesalad hosting their own servers for this (most probably yes) and can this work as "unreal-time multiplayer" like you see in real racing 3 in offline mode?
  • RUPASRUPAS Member Posts: 823
    edited June 2013
    I, for what it's worth, I prefer to wait six months and have a completely asynchronous multiplayer with push notifications, facebook, and all the normal functions that have an asynchronous game, to have the asynchronous multiplayer in two months but having incomplete. I would also like to use our servers to host the games, I would like to have control, I would like to start having reviews because the servers are slow and I can not do anything to improve them, I think if you stay heading of all GS users of the system may run slow and our games are not professional, I'm wrong? GS thanks for bringing asynchronous multiplayer certainly opens a very wide range of possibilities, I just hope to have a professional system multiplayer.
  • micmamicma Member Posts: 66
    Is this "real time multiplayer"? I am pretty sure I understand what you mean, but I'm not sure if this means that people will be able to connect with each other across devices. Ex:
    two players fighting against each other. Would this be possible?
  • HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782
    @micma, no, it is asynchronous multiplayer, meaning turn-based. Like chess, tic-tac-toe, card games, etc.

However, with 8 players and depending on the turnaround time, I am sure some of the creative heads here will find a way to trick the system into near-realtime multiplayer! ;)
    Like strategy games wright ?
    cool i am a big fan of these kinds of games like civilaztion v.
  • ChakkuChakku Member Posts: 1,513
    As you can see, @CodeWizard, there are many many questions about asynchronous multiplayer...good thing you have today's weekly update to answer them in ;)

Chakku
  • micmamicma Member Posts: 66
    @Hopscotch Thanks for the explanation! I am thinking of making a game like SSB and I was just wondering if it would be possible with this new update.
  • HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782
    @micma, Super Smash Bros? Not really turn based is it?

However, everything is based on assumptions of what we would like "async multiplayer" to be. Until GS gives us some more details, or better yet, we have something to play with, it is dangerous to speculate and maybe seed wrong hopes through misunderstandings.
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    As you can see, @CodeWizard, there are many many questions about asynchronous multiplayer...good thing you have today's weekly update to answer them in ;)

Chakku

@Chakku

Subtle, lol.

:)
  • CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143
    @Chakku
    :D

Will release details as I can. We're partnering with and integrating a third party solution for async multiplayer. They'll run the servers, etc. Beyond that, there's not much to share until development makes more progress.

No, I can't share what company we're working with yet. ;)
  • CORE GameCORE Game Member, PRO Posts: 280
    I was searching for things related to UB and I found this post, after reading it I just wonder, is the UB valid option for our games are they are accepted by apple or am I missing something here ?