State of GameSalad on 7-31-2013

13»

Comments

• GappsoftGappsoft Member Posts: 22
    Hey @CodeWizard,
    I've been around GS for a while now and I would like to thank you for all your awesome work. Before you came along, we were wondering what the GS team was doing but with these weekly updates, it seems like we are in the meeting room with you. The professionalism that both you and @SaladStraightShooter show on the forums is always cherished by me. Thanks for all the awesome stuff you and the GS team are doing. Here are my two cents:

I think that adding new features should remain a priority. Async multiplayer, push notifications, custom fonts (I believe) are great advances in the creator and something I'm sure we can all take advantage of. Once these are completed along with JSON server communication, I think that's when we can work towards engine optimization.

My worry is that you guys are trying to be a jack of all trades rather than a master of one. I understand that it is important to reach to many different platforms but iOS, Android, Windows, HTML5, Android tablets (Kindle), and now Tizen is a lot to chew. Making sure the creator can do everything across all platforms must be extremely time consuming.

I would also like to see Facebook integration added. I know that there is a workaround but at Tweetsheet type behavior for Facebook would be rockin!

Keep up the great work and now, I always look forward to the Wednesday update!
  • Team6LabsTeam6Labs Member Posts: 541
    Remember everyone, gmail was in beta for years, even after it became one of the most popular email providers. @CodeWizard I think you are doing a great job. I haven't seen any real improvements yet though. Once we get some key features like multiplayer, that will change.
  • ChirpinGamesChirpinGames Member, PRO Posts: 214
    I've been around these forums since well before you could even publish on iOS (way back as an early bird pro) and I just have to say that I've never felt better or more excited about where Gamesalad is at right now. The addition of @CodeWizard has been incredible and I'm completely happy with the direction the team are going!
    Keep up the super work guys!
  • HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792
    edited August 2013
    I've been around these forums since well before you could even publish on iOS (way back as an early bird pro) and I just have to say that I've never felt better or more excited about where Gamesalad is at right now. The addition of @CodeWizard has been incredible and I'm completely happy with the direction the team are going!
    Yup! It's also great that both @Codewizard and @BlackCloakGS take the time to try and answer questions as often and as accurately as they can.

Will be a lot of fun to see stable builds released with all the new features the GS engineers have been working on.

Features like being able to send and retrieve data from a web server, async multiplayer and the plans to enable the addition of user written code will make GS a much more flexible tool.
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    I know this is a while off but it would be awesome if we could input our Own Obj C API's/Widgets, Like in a little console or something?
    @LeonardDeveloper this is already in the plan. If you search for "extendable engine" you should find it.
  • MillionairAppsMillionairApps Member Posts: 110
    Great work being done in the Kitchen, (if you still call it that)

Wouldn't it be quicker to add the extendable engine first, then that gives a chance for coders to come up with some cool things and sell them on the MarketPlace. Then the GS team could then upload their code for free for Pro or for a price for members.

That way it's going to encourage serious coders, who in return are helping the engine out by creating features that would not have been created because they are low on the list. Cause I would love to spend my hard earned money on features that I can add into my game.

But either way its moving quite fast, would be great to see a stable build soon to see what all the talk is about though.
    Extendable engine would be nice. It would really grow the GS engine in terms of capabilities. Since I'm learning objective c right now, it's going to be really cool to see how I can create new behaviors when the extendable engine comes out.
  • MlabAppsMlabApps Member, PRO Posts: 79
    Approximately when do you think it will appear in the Nightly Builds @CodeWizard
  • CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143
    @MlabApps
    That all depends on when we can get an external contract signed. More news on release when I have it.
    @CodeWizard any way we could get xcode exporting in the nightly builds?
  • brickamatorbrickamator Member Posts: 316
    what about collision with colors? It would be soooo helpfull
  • ericzingelerericzingeler Member Posts: 334
    +1
  • zoopezoope Member Posts: 210
    edited August 2013
    Awesome work, many thanks to @BlackCloakGS and @CodeWizard , just published
    Rescue Aliens with Nightly build 0.0.0.75 to Google Play.

The game works so much better now.

Sound issues fixed.
    Camera issues with Pause screen fixed.
    Can now support so many more android devices.
    Particle effects improved significantly.
    Frame rate with move and moveTo behaviour improved.
    Loops for score related table arithmetic improved.
    More importantly no cancellations on Google Play since update :) :)

Keep up the good work, you guys are legends!!!
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    I agree @zoope I do all my Android publishing with nightly builds.
  • mataruamatarua Auckland, New ZealandMember Posts: 854
    Nice to know :)
  • GameLabs222GameLabs222 Member Posts: 197
    edited August 2013
    Awesome! Lots of great stuff coming our way.

@CodeWizard I have to ask though, and I know it's early, is there at least talk yet about how local wifi/bluetooth multiplayer could be implemented into GameSalad after async?
  • Gamelover456Gamelover456 Member Posts: 378
    @CodeWizard, did you find a solution to publish IOS Apps with the Windows version of GameSalad Creator.
  • CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143
    Sorry, @Gamelover456, we haven't solved that problem yet. It's on our list though!
    Two things @CodeWizard
    1) Approximate release date of Async Multiplayer
    2) What is the current state of GameSalad?
  • JSprojectJSproject Member Posts: 730
    @MlabApps
    1. He gave you an answer on this very page.
    2. That's what these great weekly posts are about..
  • Gamelover456Gamelover456 Member Posts: 378
    @CodeWizard, where's the weekly blog for August 7, 2013.