Games Beta Testing Feedback

Hi,

Few days ago, i've created a topic to promote my brand new service as a beta tester :
http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/59686/i-will-beta-test-your-games

I was lucky to be in touch with interested people and I have just finish to test one of them.
Please take a look on this comment from "Hoope" on this external thread :

forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=35627.0

"Thank you so much for testing the game and your report, wow that is real QA stuff.

The previous company where I used to work was also using a similar system (only much more elaborate and spreadsheety) so since your report mostly follows the (in my experience standard) conventions I find it very easy to read!

I'm especially happy that you not only found the problems but also suggested solutions. This is of great help because even when I can't really implement it the way you suggested (technical reasons mostly) it's still a big help in finding a better way for whatever the problem is.

I'll definitely get another gig on Fiverr and recommend you around.

btw, I actually knew about some of the issues you mentioned, and guess what, some of your suggestions are already implemented in the game. Reading your report I understand you didn't see it but it already is in the game. So I guess it's progressing in the right direction."

You will find his game here : http://www.nekomuragames.com/games/SWR-JST-DX-Selective-Memory-Erase-Effect/SWR-JST-DX-Selective-Memory-Erase-Effect.html

In my last post, most part of you was sceptic, so I promised to give you feedback about my tests.

I Hope we will be working together in the future.

Regards,

Comments

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    As you just witnessed in another thread of someone trying to pretend they were someone else to make them look legit. Now maybe you can understand why people are cautious around here. When people show up on the forums and haven't built a repor with the community like you who only have six posts and start offering services yes we are cautious as we should be. Participate on the forums and build a reputation and then offer services. This is how our community does it.
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    edited September 2013
    As you can tell, there is a once bitten twice shy mentality around here. We have seen many, many people come and go with this type of service. Brand new members offering help services with no reputation, and nothing to reference as far as reliability. Most have been shady scammers. Not saying that you fall into that category, but more times than not, people that join up, and then start promoting services have ulterior motives. You probably won't get any responses from here until you build a reputation within the community. There are several people here, and 3rd party websites that already offer services that have been here for a long time, and are trusted within the community.

Again, not saying that your motives are less than honorable, but we've seen too many scenarios like this play out badly. More times than not.

You are welcome into this community, and I hope you can build a good reputation, and possibly then you can get some responses for your services. Until then, I recommend the same thing that @FryingBaconStudios said. Get involved, help if you can when someone posts a problem on the forums, and build up your reputation.

And welcome to GameSalad!
  • beufreecassebeufreecasse Member Posts: 13
    Hi,

Thank you for your comments, I understand.
    In fact I am already an engaged user on another forum with another game engine "Construct 2", you can check all my posts directly on their forum.
    I came here to find potential Indie Game Developers who need help for testing as I did on Scirra and ImpactJS, but don't work with GameSalad at the moment so it's a little difficult to build a reputation on this forum responding on GameSalad topics because I don't use it.
    If you want to be sure I am not a bad person with nasty goals check out these links :

My Game Developer Website : www.os-games.com
    My Scirra Profile : http://www.scirra.com/users/beufreecasse
    My Contribution with Scirra Community :
    www.scirra.com/forum/pictures-resizing-tool_topic66543_post408579.html?KW=#408579
    www.scirra.com/forum/random-freezes-on-windows-phone-8-device_topic64269_post416299.html?KW=#416299

Regards,
    Trust is earned not given. Earn trust on these forums first. End of story. The more you try to convince us the more desperate you appear. That is not a good image to present.
    Hi,
    I don't try to convince but I don't like to be considered as a felon, so I show you the facts.
    Regards,
    edited September 2013
    Blame that on the people who ruin it for everyone. You're probably a good person as was said but who knows. This is life, other people make messes and we have to clean them up. Be patient and build your rep.
  • VGXVGX Member Posts: 796
    edited September 2013
    @beufreecasse You can go on and on about this, "fact" is no one is convinced about your services. I could right now create a little site or sign up to something and write a few bull**** lines with some fancy artwork but that doesn't prove ****.

I don't know what kind of services you're on about, how can you beta test someone's game when you just said you haven't even worked with the GameSalad creator. You're digging yourself a hole here. I think you need to stick your head in it and scam some other forum!
    @beufreecasse You can go on and on about this, "fact" is no one is convinced about your services. I could right now create a little site or sign up to something and write a few bull**** lines with some fancy artwork but that doesn't prove ****.

I don't know what kind of services you're on about, how can you beta test someone's game when you just said you haven't even worked with the GameSalad creator. You're digging yourself a hole here. I think you need to stick your head in it and scam some other forum!
    Well give me a compiled game to test with no risk of stealing, and if you are statisfied may be it will be different.
  • RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
    edited September 2013
    From your closed thread: "I work every day in a Software Company where I test a dozen of programs a month."

I find this interesting because I have worked in the testing realm for various companies and they typically have serious issues with their talent working outside the company and more notably something called: conflict of interest. There are some other aspects about your statements and claims that don't add up or sound right.

Lacking site, Lacking portfolio and experience that is quite questionable. Anyone with years of industry experience would know better. You may have learned by now that there many folks here on the forums with years of experience from various realms of development, creative, business and entertainment. We know what to look out for.
    You may be legit and well intended, but.....I think you know.

This is why were are skeptical.

edited September 2013
    @beufreecasse Like I said, what exactly are you gonna beta test when you yourself said you haven't even used GameSalad. Is it just advice you're giving out? Because we can get that for free right here on the forums from users who actually use the creator.

Like @FryingBaconStudios said, The more you try to convince us the more desperate you appear.
    It's true if I work with direct or potential rivals, Softwares made by my company are not games and are not for public but industries.
    @VeiraGames, this is called BlackBox testing check out on Wikipedia...
    edited September 2013
    It also works if you are doing it for yourself as in you are considered competition even when you are not ( it was an issue for me with Apple and it was and issue with AAA studios). Sounds more like an excuse not to have examples. This does not sound right at all.
    No....just no. I think this needs to be closed asap.
    Obviously there is no way you would stop to criticize because even if I answer honestly you still go deeper and deeper in criticism and negativity. Apologies but I think I will stop this discussion and go on.
    Thank you.
  • KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
    Not siding with anyone here but you can beta test without having access to GameSalad or the original gameproj files. You'd have to be a bit silly sending your original files to someone you don't know that wants to test them for $5

I was considering posting something myself last week before these two posts popped up, but for free, as and when I can, without the intention of making it a business venture, and only through a service like testflightapp.com where I can test without having access to your gameproj file and original assets. I weren't going to claim having experience in the field or point you to other forums as proof of feedback/reliability :P
    @KevinCross don't worry no one sent me a gameproj file, and for IOS games testflight is a very good choice I would recommend to use.
    edited September 2013
    No, it's just that you are missing the head every time.

I'm, Plenty familiar with Black box and White box testing, Scrum etc. You just sound like you are just learning about this stuff. And...you are going about it all wrong.

*Addendum, I'm not being negative or attempting to make this negative. Im delivering facts and if those facts effect you in a negative way, then it just adds to the reality that you have a bad foundation.

Build up cred. Build up a portfolio. Have solid references.
    To build my cred and my portfolio I need games to test, this is why I test for free then only 5$. However thanks for your advice I will come back with solid foundations.
    Regards,
    @beufreecasse You do that!
    Regards,
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    Sorry if it seems like everybody is jumping down your throat, but you see what I was talking about, people being once bitten twice shy? Don't feel as if you are not welcome here, because you are. I would download the free creator and get to know the software, unless game making isn't your thing, and you are only interested in being a tester. As was mentioned, there are plenty of resources here for the developers to test their games within the community.

I'm going to close this now so it doesn't go off course. Nothing personal to anyone.
This discussion has been closed.