Crashing and missing buttons on Windows

MarcoColMarcoCol Member, PRO Posts: 279
Hi,

I have 'successful' tested my game on Windows 8 and Surface (successful means installed and started).
I saw, that there was some differents in my game.
1) For the once, some of my sounds was played as original (not longer changed as for iOS and Android)
2) All my button-graphics was not in the game. I usual use a button, and if you choose another language the text on the button changes, but the button is still the same. Here I see no button but the Texts. Also some buttons (usual for going back) are missing.
3) When then start a level, after pressing almost the same button, the game crash! Is there a chance to see why it crashed?

I developed the game complete on a mac using GS 10.1, but changed now to 10.4, because of the iOS7-problems. So I build the file also with 10.4

Comments

• TheGabfatherTheGabfather Member Posts: 633
    I didn't get it from your post, but are you publishing for iOS, Android, or Windows 8? Or for all?

To try to answer your questions:

1) Can you clarify this one? I'm having a hard time guessing what you mean, sorry :(

2) For missing images, it has never happened to me but you might want to try looking at the suggestions in this thread. It's quite an old thread but it might help.

3) Is it just one button? If so, you might want to try disabling some of the Rules you used for that button Actor. Just turn them "Off" one by one until you can rule out the culprit.
  • MarcoColMarcoCol Member, PRO Posts: 279
    Hi,

sorry. I was publishing for all, but currently now for Windows 8. All other plattforms (including MacOS) are working fine.

to 1) I currently didn't have the app infront of me, but I have in mind, that I change the speed or something like that on a sound-file in GameSalad (in the play sound behavior). In Windows 8, it will be played without this change.
    to 2) hmmm. I can try tomorrow, but all other images will be shown correctly.
    to 3) I will try and test that too later today. I will check then tomorrow.

Thank you for your help.