Version 0.10.4a is live!

CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143
edited September 2013 in GameSalad Kitchen
We have a hotfix for some bugs in 0.10.4 that has just been released. This release fixes:

1. Splash screen issues on iOS 7 for portrait apps.

2. Camera rotation inversion issues on device.

3. Cross promotion bar issues.

4. Viewer issues.

Just republish and you'll get these changes. No download required! (except for the viewer, you gotta download that again)

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    >:D<

Thank you!
  • zweg25zweg25 Member Posts: 738
    i still have an issue when I press the mini preview button all the actors on the screen go away. Why is that?
  • MillionairAppsMillionairApps Member Posts: 110
    Cheers, let us know when you guys get the green light from amazon,
  • BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    edited September 2013
    @CodeWizard

what about the bugs in 10.4 creator itself, how long before those will be addressed?
    I submitted one where actors are acting like prototypes that is very very annoying and has caused me just to use 10.3 and publish with 10.4.

heres video of what I'm talking about.

• hybridhybrid Member Posts: 183
    thanks, but it didnt fix my problem :(
    the actors with "tile" in vertical wrap didn't appears on the device ( gs viewer or ad hoc ) only in gamesalad preview.

i hope it have a fix soon, meanwhile i think i will have to take out my app from sell on the appstore
  • DeepBayGamesDeepBayGames Member Posts: 93
    edited September 2013
    I still have this same bug as "hybrid" alludes to above. I sent in a bug report on this two days ago, along with a very succinct / clean project that illustrates the issue. I also just built a new project five minutes ago, and the issue is definitely still there. All you have to do is create an actor that has a horizontal wrap set to stretch, and the vertical wrap set to tile. Collide any object with it. Everything will be fine in gamesalad preview, but in either device preview (iPhone), or adhok, the texture will appear offset to the left of the actor by aproximately 30 or 40 frames.

Please, fix this asap. My launch date was put off from September 22nd and I desperately need this issue resolved!
  • nikkonnikkon Member, PRO Posts: 111
    edited September 2013
    thanks, but it didnt fix my problem :(
    the actors with "tile" in vertical wrap didn't appears on the device ( gs viewer or ad hoc ) only in gamesalad preview.

i hope it have a fix soon, meanwhile i think i will have to take out my app from sell on the appstore
    I had this issue with 10.3 only on android. really weird. Works if you create a horizontal actor and tile it, then rotate to vertical in the creator window..

• zzap64zzap64 Member Posts: 405
    thanks for the quick update.
    Nikkon said: "I had this issue with 10.3 only on android. really weird. Works if you create a horizontal actor and tile it, then rotate to vertical in the creator window.."

You're right. That is a work-around. That approach won't work for me however, as my game is complete, heavily tested and this issue is deeply engrained into a multitude of levels and characters. In addition, it's clearly something that just needs to be fixed.
  • hybridhybrid Member Posts: 183
    Thanks! @zzap64

that works, i dont have too many actors and i had hard time making the changes to everything work as supposed. i agree with @DeepBayGames that it needs to be fixed. but for now it works!
  • HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653
    @CodeWizard

what about the bugs in 10.4 creator itself, how long before those will be addressed?
    I submitted one where actors are acting like prototypes that is very very annoying and has caused me just to use 10.3 and publish with 10.4.

Yeah, that bug's been in there for a while now. Rather annoying.

I believe you can work around it by closing and re-opening Game Salad.

The "unwanted link" between the instance and the prototype is fixed when you close and re-open. (At least, it was in the older version of GS where I experienced this problem).

I haven't tried in 10.4, and I don't plan to. I'll be waiting for the next Nightly build.

It amazes me (in a bad way) that these bugs crop up all of a sudden, and then just sit in there for months and months, without being fixed.
  • my game combine with many " tiles " actors, when i press Preview, All " Tiles " go away from each other. Why....?
    10.3 was good, but 10.4 i have issues.
    This is one of my issues.
  • lebiscuitlebiscuit Member, PRO Posts: 220
    edited September 2013
    @CodeWizard great work, did you put the visible : false ?
  • mizepark@gmail.commizepark@gmail.com Member, PRO Posts: 19
    My .Test was OK before update 10.4a but now my test game is irregularly stop whenever doing test on mac or viewer. I can't go forward my project...because of this bug.. How Can i return to Old version of game salad? Please......!!!!!!!!
  • jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
    @mizepark@gmail.com, for future reference whenever I upgrade GS I always re-name the previous version before I download the new one. That way you will have both copies on your machine and can use whichever works best for you. I usually keep at least the previous version on my computer, sometimes even two versions back.
  • KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
    You should be able download an old version from the download page. You don't really install it as such so you can just replace it, or rename the 10.4 version so you have both. I have almost all of the versions on my computer renamed with their version number included
  • BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    @CodeWizard

Yeah, that bug's been in there for a while now. Rather annoying.

I believe you can work around it by closing and re-opening Game Salad.

The "unwanted link" between the instance and the prototype is fixed when you close and re-open. (At least, it was in the older version of GS where I experienced this problem).

I haven't tried in 10.4, and I don't plan to. I'll be waiting for the next Nightly build.

It amazes me (in a bad way) that these bugs crop up all of a sudden, and then just sit in there for months and months, without being fixed.
    it's not in 10.3 only 10.4 and 0.99 nightly so I just work in 10.3 and publish using 10.4 to get iOS7 compatibility..
    edited September 2013
    SkyrocketEntertainment said: "my game combine with many " tiles " actors, when i press Preview, All " Tiles " go away from each other. Why....?"

This is likely the same bug that several of the other users and I have encountered. Tiling works correctly on an actor if tiled in both directions, or if it is tiled in the Horizontal direction, while being stretched in the Vertical direction. The problem occurs when an actor is tiled in the Vertical direction & stretched in the Horizontal direction. The resulting error is that the image will be displayed 30 or 40 pixels to the left of the correct coordinates.

I am a little perplexed as to why I have had no response from GS on this matter, as I have filed a bug report and have flagged the issue on the forums along with other members that are experiencing the same thing.
  • BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
    I worked on this issue on Friday I hope to have it fixed Monday or Tuesday. Sorry for any inconvenience.
    @BlackCloakGS. Thanks for the response. I can appreciate how swamped you guys must be right now. Other than this one issue, I'm happy to report that my game is running flawlessly on 10.4a and iOS7. Thanks for all your hard work.
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    Thanks for fixes :)

Darren.
  • RainbrosRainbros Member Posts: 124
    edited September 2013
    Could the GS team please make it so that behaviors don't automatically expand when you move them around? This is extremely annoying.

Oh, but if you're making a COPY of a behavior, it should still expand automatically IMO.
  • imGuaimGua Member Posts: 1,089
    I've just finished testing my game build with 10.4a. Most of the scenes has better fps, it think it's doe to particles optimization. Also I've noticed that spawn lag is not that bad now. Unfortunately couple of scenes has worser fps than before. Also I've found couple of bugs introduced with 10.4a, hope I will find a way to fix those quickly. But overall, it's a best update in a last two years in my opinion, because it is first update where I can see noticeable performance improvements. Keep it up GS team!
  • EIGHTHSINEIGHTHSIN Member Posts: 132
    Hey guys,

I'm having an issue with the new version. If I try to publish a project that was created in 0.10.1 it will give me a network error message, however all new projects will publish fine.

Can someone please look into this, or give me some advice on this matter.

Thanks.
  • mataruamatarua Auckland, New ZealandMember Posts: 854
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for the hotfix :) things will be smoothing out in so many ways over the next wee while - not just the frame rates ;)
  • RubiWorksRubiWorks Member Posts: 130
    @CodeWizard When you want to do a button that when press any actor is invisible doesn´t work :S But thanks by the new changes in GameSalad ^^
  • gamesfuagamesfua Member Posts: 723
    @eighthsin i'm curious about this one because i've published ad hocs like crazy using 10.4 BUT using saved game projects from 10.1. So far no problems whatsoever. Where and when does the error come up? That may help get to the bottom of things.
  • EIGHTHSINEIGHTHSIN Member Posts: 132
    @anatomyofdreams if I open a GS 0.10.1 project up in 0.10.4 and hit the publish button I get the following error message,

Publishing query could not be validated.
    Please check that your network is enabled.

However if I was to open a new project in 0.10.4 and hit publish there will be no error message and it will publish fine.

Help!
  • gamesfuagamesfua Member Posts: 723
    @EIGHTHSIN wow that is weird! I'd submit a big report. Someone help this guy out! Good luck to you, that really stinks. Ugh I feel for you!
  • ikhoataikhoata Member Posts: 53
    @EIGHTHSIN
    You try openning the project in 0.10.3, and then "save as" to another place. Then open the new project in 0.10.4.
    Just my small thought. ^^