★★★ GS v Unity 3D Racing ★★★

13»

Comments

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    @Beefy, you can change the jump height and distance, it's currently set up to the speed your going so a jump at 250kph will go higher and longer than at 175kph but you can change it to suit.

You can also turn off the interpolate of the car as it grows in size when jumping.

Darren.

• SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339
    Love this |Darren, good stuff as always. My only small critique is there is just something that I dont quite like about the jump! Maybe it just seems to go to high/large, I dont know, I cant quite put my finger on it! Impressive stuff though
    Yes the jump bugs me as well. Would also like to see the car bounce a little off object like signs and stuff.
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    edited November 2013
    @Beefy_clyro & @SingleSparq by editing a number you can make the car appear heavier (come back down quicker from the jump).

I also turned off the interpolate and added a crash sound when you land.

Does it look better now?

Video is a bit choppy sorry about that I'm on my old macbook...

Darren.
  • SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339
    @Beefy_clyro & @SingleSparq by editing a number you can make the car appear heavier (come back down quicker from the jump).

I also turned off the interpolate and added a crash sound when you land.

Does it look better now?

Video is a bit choppy sorry about that I'm on my old macbook...

Darren.
    It does look much better now. Though I guess we're looking for a little more angle going up then down but that would be at a cost of more 3D imagery to do that. For what's been done its still amazing.
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited November 2013
    @SingleSparq
    It does look much better now. Though I guess we're looking for a little more angle going up then down but that would be at a cost of more 3D imagery to do that. For what's been done its still amazing.
    Agreed that the template is brilliant except for the jump - you could render out a 3D jump from just a few different angles - and use the nearest angle animation to angle of the car at the time of the jump . . . hold on, let me do a quick car bounce demo thing . . . back in a second . . .
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    @SingleSparq

Here you go, ignore my fantastic 'car' (cough . . .cough . . :) ) It's just a guide object.

Thinking about it you could use the current car image for the take off and journey back to the floor, you'd just need the animation for the bounce part, literally just a few frames (in this example the bounce is 12 frames long).

• neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
    @Socks Looks realistic ... Very cool ;-)