State of GameSalad on 1-22-2014

CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143
Remember to keep an eye on the roadmap page for the latest details on what we're up to in the kitchen! http://www.gamesalad.com/roadmap

There's not a whole lot to report this week that I haven't already updated on the roadmap. That's right, there's a comprehensive roadmap update waiting for you to read. Check it out.

Of particular note for many of you is when 0.11.0 will be ready. We're still fixing bugs in the nightly builds and are waiting until they are stable enough until we pinch this off. If you haven't already tried the latest nightly build, please do so and help us out.

There's also the point of when Chartboost & Revmob will be ready for you. We hear you loud and clear on that. The web publishing changes necessary to make this feature accessible to you are in the final stages of completion. We're doing the required integration testing to make sure it all works. The web engineer responsible for this feature hasn't deployed a feature of this magnitude in our system before, so it's taking a bit longer to work out the kinks. I've been assured it's getting close now, though. Likely over the next week.

We have an open contract position for a support engineer. We'd prefer folks in Austin, but if you're really good and remote we might consider you. Check it out here: http://gamesalad.com/jobs

More info next week!

Comments

• SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Member Posts: 1,603
    edited January 2014
    Good stuffs, can't wait for CB and RM!
    - Thomas
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited January 2014
    Any news on custom frogs, we need custom frogs to build frogger type games, the built-in frogs are very limiting.
  • FlamingbananaFlamingbanana Member, PRO Posts: 90
    ^^^ lol =)) amen @Socks

Great work as always \m/
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    Thanks for the update, really enjoying Gamesalad in 2014 and the road map is looking good.

Any ideas on how long Appboy Integration might take when its started. Seems like a match made in heaven with the new multiplayer tools. I know you probably have no idea but I wanted to ask something...

@Socks.... genius work!
  • neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
    Things are looking really good ... Fantastic work @CodeWizard and the team ... Thanks for the update ... ;-)
  • aitor010aitor010 Member Posts: 282
    Fantastic!!! then, the next week maybe new version of gamesalad with revmob and chartboost???? :D
    A question more apps button and list of Chartboost will be in GS 11 or only full screen?
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    UPDATE: We're deep in the design & prototyping process for a new and improved cross-platform creator. We've engaged the services of a highly competent UI design firm that uses GameSalad regularly to work with us on this project. We've also hired an additional game developer veteran to help lead the charge on this. We're making good progress and may have a working prototype by the end of March. Keep your eyes peeled for more info on this exciting development!
    Yes! I've been waiting to get more information about this. I've had my eye on this for quite some time!
  • FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970
    So yea, anyone know if the Mac publishing is now working? Nothing about it in the Roadmap that I see. Anyone try it? Is this build stable enough to publish an existing app for Mac?
    UPDATE: We're deep in the design & prototyping process for a new and improved cross-platform creator. We've engaged the services of a highly competent UI design firm that uses GameSalad regularly to work with us on this project. We've also hired an additional game developer veteran to help lead the charge on this. We're making good progress and may have a working prototype by the end of March. Keep your eyes peeled for more info on this exciting development!
    I'm also very excited about this! It will be a huge update if we can get going on a new and improved interface, which can bring the features that you have been working so hard on to the front.

Are we thinking... 3 months? 6 months? A year? I know you don't know, but give a ballpark anyway please O:-)
    - Thomas
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    @snapfirestudios he said possibly a prototype by end of March. That means a 2 month ball park until they have any idea how its working and will be able to make new estimates.
    @snapfirestudios he said possibly a prototype by end of March. That means a 2 month ball park until they have any idea how its working and will be able to make new estimates.
    Oh, I must have missed that, thanks for letting me know.
    - Thomas
  • Fal01Fal01 Member Posts: 460
    @FallacyStudios,

I got my Mac app approved a few days ago using the latest nightly.

It’s not a bug – it’s an undocumented feature

• FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970
    @Fal01
    Hmm, I guess I'll give submitting a shot now. Hopefully it isn't so bug ridden as to have a bad release lol.
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    @CodeWizard,

Any chance this new Cross-Platform Creator will make it easier for more than one person to work on a project? I know I, along with dozens of other GS devs, would really enjoy that.
  • johnydeejohnydee Member, PRO Posts: 196
    Iam in no rush for anything but I would love to see a dark grey theme interface for the creator.
  • CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828
    Iam in no rush for anything but I would love to see a dark grey theme interface for the creator.
    Fuzzy Dice

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    You know what bugs me more than this suggestion? The fact that creator color themes will likely be implemented before some features we have wanted for years.

Sorry don't mean to GS bash I love GameSalad but history has proven you guys don't always focus in the major things we want.
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited January 2014
    Ok I withdraw my comment lol...iam not gonna lie I do want to see other features added first than to see a dark interface but if those features won't be added anytime soon , a new color interface will satisfy me.Another possible bug I still encounter that haven't been fixed ( I think ) is my iPhone 5 to 4 screen off shift.whats is happening is when I preview my game scene (iPhone 5) than set the target to legacy iPhone (with universal build method) and my character walks to the right of the scene , it off shifts giving me a black bar on the top and right.things like this is what I would love to see fixed first before a new interface .
  • BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    I think in 2024 we will all look back a laugh.. ;)
    Iam already laughing about it..lol, I just love dark things cuz I hate the briteness.at night the white causes to much light for me so a darker theme fits me.iam not worried about a pretty interface just the amount of briteness that hits my eyes.lowering the screen light does not help me.
    I was not clear and you shut opened the thread .... Will this week revmob chartboost and available for full integration into the web service? Or we will have to wait even longer? Only approximate date by the stuff, why the secrecy? There are very desperate people for this because we are losing money and gives a lot of courage to be wondering in a thread of this forum and just close my thread. They said that by the end of January and almost there, how long will be delayed? Please it is not as "difficult" question to answer. I will not look at the roadmap, I look at every day and I know that is updated once a week, but I guess as a good company you are, you will have an approximate date of actual output... or minimum, the webpanel for Revmob and Chartboost.

Thank you in advance
  • wpatenwpaten Member, PRO Posts: 281
    edited January 2014
    I was not clear and you shut opened the thread .... Will this week revmob chartboost and available for full integration into the web service? Or we will have to wait even longer? Only approximate date by the stuff, why the secrecy? There are very desperate people for this because we are losing money and gives a lot of courage to be wondering in a thread of this forum and just close my thread. They said that by the end of January and almost there, how long will be delayed? Please it is not as "difficult" question to answer. I will not look at the roadmap, I look at every day and I know that is updated once a week, but I guess as a good company you are, you will have an approximate date of actual output... or minimum, the webpanel for Revmob and Chartboost.

Thank you in advance
    http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/63680/nightly-build-0-0-0-219-is-up#latest

Nightly Build has this now. Go check it out. :-)

And I think it is important to note that you are not "losing money" on features that have not been fully implemented yet. You are currently "waiting to make money" for those said features.
    thank you @wpaten but revmob and chart boost not available yet from website (for view in the game), I have around 4 games ready for upload, but I necessary have available the web panel in publish.gamesalad.com for can publish my game with ads activate. :(
    maybe I'm wrong with the nightly I can publish games without activating anything publish.gamesalad.com control panel?
    edited January 2014
    thank you @wpaten but revmob and chart boost not available yet from website (for view in the game), I have around 4 games ready for upload, but I necessary have available the web panel in publish.gamesalad.com for can publish my game with ads activate. :(
    Not sure I understand you fully. Here's a pic of what I see on my Publishing Portal. See pic attached.

AWESOME, I not saw two days ago, then, now is possible update the games and run correctly not?
    They just implemented this today. I have no idea about how well it will run for you. Probably be best to run some tests and determine that for yourself. Cheers.