State of GameSalad on 1-22-2014

2»

Comments

• aitor010aitor010 Member Posts: 282
    Thank you! thank you very much! @wpaten ! I have a question, as I set chartboost and revmob with my account? In Xcode they give me a key and I'm seeing how it works each day. How should I configure it? Not will be as Playhaven not??? :O I wait be as a normal game with revmob and chart boost, all days see my revenues :)
  • FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970
    edited January 2014
    And I think it is important to note that you are not "losing money" on features that have not been fully implemented yet. You are currently "waiting to make money" for those said features.
    False. I am losing money because GS knowingly integrated a failed ad provider (Mobclix). They were warned by myself and others that not only was Mobclix not paying developers, but they were likely to go bankrupt because they were over a year behind on owed payments for many. For whatever reason they decided to ignore the warnings and provided us with the failed network that soon after went bankrupt.

So yes, I am "losing money" every single day and quite a bit I might add because there are NO options otherwise.

If you did your work and your boss came up and told you, "Hey, I'm not going to pay you for this week", do you say "Well I didn't lose money, I'm just waiting to make money next week." ?

**Note: This isn't directed at the current GS team doing some pretty epic work. My beef with GS's moronic Mobclix fiasco is directed at those responsible.
    other question, How I can test this? thank you ;)
  • CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828
    Ok I withdraw my comment lol...iam not gonna lie I do want to see other features added first than to see a dark interface but if those features won't be added anytime soon , a new color interface will satisfy me.Another possible bug I still encounter that haven't been fixed ( I think ) is my iPhone 5 to 4 screen off shift.whats is happening is when I preview my game scene (iPhone 5) than set the target to legacy iPhone (with universal build method) and my character walks to the right of the scene , it off shifts giving me a black bar on the top and right.things like this is what I would love to see fixed first before a new interface .
    Yeah it might be a good idea to at least install a door window to your car door than looking for that fancy window knob to raise it. Might be a good idea to get the rust off the fender before sending them in to be chromed.

I was not clear and you shut opened the thread .... Will this week revmob chartboost and available for full integration into the web service? Or we will have to wait even longer? Only approximate date by the stuff, why the secrecy? There are very desperate people for this because we are losing money and gives a lot of courage to be wondering in a thread of this forum and just close my thread. They said that by the end of January and almost there, how long will be delayed? Please it is not as "difficult" question to answer. I will not look at the roadmap, I look at every day and I know that is updated once a week, but I guess as a good company you are, you will have an approximate date of actual output... or minimum, the webpanel for Revmob and Chartboost.

Thank you in advance
    http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/63680/nightly-build-0-0-0-219-is-up#latest

Nightly Build has this now. Go check it out. :-)

And I think it is important to note that you are not "losing money" on features that have not been fully implemented yet. You are currently "waiting to make money" for those said features.
    Nightly Builds are not official releases. When a question of implementation is being asked. 99% of the time.. oh hell.. 100% of the time. its premise is in regard to official releases. Such as 1.10.0 and yes i mean 0.11.0

• wpatenwpaten Member, PRO Posts: 281
    ====================
    "False. I am losing money because GS knowingly integrated a failed ad provider (Mobclix). They were warned by myself and others that not only was Mobclix not paying developers, but they were likely to go bankrupt because they were over a year behind on owed payments for many. For whatever reason they decided to ignore the warnings and provided us with the failed network that soon after went bankrupt."
    ====================

I understand your frustrations. I truly do. And I am not meaning to make light of them. I remember asking the same questions everyone else was when that all went down. "Whaaaaa????". But the fact of the matter is that GS is under no obligations to take our suggestions to heart if they do not want to. I cannot base my decision making for future profitability on whether or not GS does what I think is best, for them or myself. They did what they did, and as people who use their service we deal with their decision making.

====================
    "So yes, I am "losing money" every single day and quite a bit I might add because there are NO options otherwise."
    ====================

I dont agree with this statement. Their might not be options that are easy or quick. Like for instance 11 months ago, I really didn't like the state of GS as a whole, so I had a choice to make. Either sit and just deal with it or go out and figure out a new solution. So my partner and I went out and looked into Corona. We made 2 games using that, when we had never even looked into that software whatsoever. Their are options. They might not be easy or quick, but they are most definitely out there.

====================
    "If you did your work and your boss came up and told you, "Hey, I'm not going to pay you for this week", do you say "Well I didn't lose money, I'm just waiting to make money next week." ?"
    ====================

If my employer did that, then that would be easy. I'd go find another job. GS isn't my employer however...they are a tool that I utilize. The better analogy would be a Carpenter that is mad at his old hammer for not pulling out the nails as quick as he would like, thus making him lose money. All the while complaining to the Sears and Roebuck where he purchased it at, saying that there are no other choices. There are plenty of hammers on the wall. We either make the best use of the hammer we have or we go get a new one.

All that being said, I can tell that you see the value of GS. With over 600 posts behind your name, it says that you are invested in the future of this company. I think the main point that you and I differ is on my original statement. I think I am waiting to make money. You think you are losing money.

Nightly Builds are not official releases. When a question of implementation is being asked. 99% of the time.. oh hell.. 100% of the time. its premise is in regard to official releases. Such as 1.10.0 and yes i mean 0.11.0

Yep totally agree. The Nightly build in my book, is a glitchy mess. However he was extremely frustrated and obviously did not know that the latest Nightly Build had implemented the things that he was asking about. I told him to go check it out. What he does with that new information is completely up to him.
    Fine lets put it this way. I re-newed my subscription for Gamesalad because they were offering advertising options. Now they no longer have this feature functioning. So who's fault is this? Most certainly Mobclix, but Gamesalad takes a share in the blame for 1) Not doing their due diligence in researching the company they added and 2) Not listening to the concerns of their PAYING customers. I was generating an income from those ads, and now I am not. That is LOST INCOME.

What is wrong with that statement? I never said I couldn't go to another company/tool. When I said "NO options otherwise" I was referring to what GS itself has, not other tools. I'll correct that statement though, because there are NO useful options otherwise. In any case, yea I could go to another tool, but it will cost me far more time and money to do so. Go build 20 apps on Gamesalad. Then go waste your time building those same games on some other platform and tell me how that doesn't waste your time.

For you, maybe it is that simple. For me... this is my job. My income is based on what I earn from my apps. So it is just that simple. Fact of the matter is, I was earning ad revenue and now I am not. I paid for a tool that offered a service, that no longer exists in the current stable version.

Your analogy needs adjusting. The carpenter buys a hammer that claims to feature a speedy nail remover. The carpenter then proceeds to use this feature which stops working. This results in the carpenter LOSING MONEY.

Before replying, do me a favor. Take $10,000 out of your account piss on it and throw it in the trash. That is how much I lost due to Gamesalad's negligence. Then explain to me again how I didn't "lose money".

By the way, I'm not mad at you or meaning this in any harsh way directed at you. I just get very irritated when I see comments like that acting like it isn't losing money when it most certainly is. This is my livelihood and not just some hobby so I take it seriously. Even more annoying is when the GS brown nosers come out of the woodwork to defend their pimp's honor. I'll let you know when and if that happens as it provides me as much entertainment as irritation.
    edited January 2014
    By the way, I'm not mad at you or meaning this in any harsh way directed at you. I just get very irritated when I see comments like that acting like it isn't losing money when it most certainly is. This is my livelihood and not just some hobby so I take it seriously. Even more annoying is when the GS brown nosers come out of the woodwork to defend their pimp's honor. I'll let you know when and if that happens as it provides me as much entertainment as irritation.
    hahahahah...I like you dude. You write good. :D

I have all kinds of retorts but...meh, who cares. This isn't a hobby for me either. My company brings in over 12k per month from all our apps combined. This is most definitely our livelihood as well. If I disrespected you in any manner, I apologize. Wasn't my intention. I have 5 kids, so sometimes my "Daddy's gonna teach you a lesson" mentality takes over before I realize. heh.
  • mataruamatarua Auckland, New ZealandMember Posts: 854
    =))
    Any news on custom frogs, we need custom frogs to build frogger type games, the built-in frogs are very limiting.
    @wpaten Lol no worries. It's always nice to have a nice debate that doesn't have to result in shouting matches and insults. Good stuffs. What is your most popular app if I might ask? I'm curious to check it out.
    @wpaten Lol no worries. It's always nice to have a nice debate that doesn't have to result in shouting matches and insults. Good stuffs. What is your most popular app if I might ask? I'm curious to check it out.
    Nice Debates? Youre not allowed to have "Nice Debates" on here. If your argument or point is against GS, in any way for or fashion. Youre not starting a debate. Youre a whiner.

@FallacyStudios

Our most popular app is easily Tizzy Veterinarian. But I will be honest with you, I have yet to figure out why. It was the very first app that we did, and in every way it is inferior to every app that we make afterwards...but the numbers don't lie. ;-)

Our stuff is on iTunes, Android and Amazon, among other places.
    @wpaten 12K at 2,99$ is very very good!!! congratulations!!!!!!, my game have 4,000 to day but is free, pay 0 downloads at 0.99$, amazing not?
    edited January 2014
    Nice Debates? Youre not allowed to have "Nice Debates" on here. If your argument or point is against GS, in any way for or fashion. Youre not starting a debate. Youre a whiner.

Well by your reasoning you are a whiner very frequently about their still being in BETA. Unless of course your comment was sarcasm.

@wpaten Very nice, congrats. Don't question why lol. Just go with it.
    @wpaten 12K at 2,99$ is very very good!!! congratulations!!!!!!, my game have 4,000 to day but is free, pay 0 downloads at 0.99$, amazing not?
    That number is across all the devices: iOS, Amazon, and all Android stores that we can get into.

Well by your reasoning you are a whiner very frequently about their still being in BETA. Unless of course your comment was sarcasm.

@wpaten Very nice, congrats. Don't question why lol. Just go with it.
    I dont whine about them being in beta. IM trying to understand what variables are keeping them listed as beta. What has to happen for them to no longer consider themselves as beta? Continuing to improves ones software, doesnt mean you are still in beta. If that was the case. All software would still be in beta. We wouldnt need Versions.

• rdlew2008rdlew2008 Member, PRO Posts: 85
    Tried out chartboost on android. Not showing. Is this like revmob only working on ios?
  • neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
    @FallacyStudios

Our most popular app is easily Tizzy Veterinarian. But I will be honest with you, I have yet to figure out why. It was the very first app that we did, and in every way it is inferior to every app that we make afterwards...but the numbers don't lie. ;-)

Our stuff is on iTunes, Android and Amazon, among other places.
    @wpaten Not sure why you can't figure out why it is popular ... Well I just checked it out and the sound effects are really good, the graphics are very cute ... If I was a 4 year old kid I'd love it ... Nice work and congrats on what you are doing very cool stuff with a simple idea and it's versatile .... ;-)