Anyone else seen the Giant Red Ball app on Apple?

1234568»

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited February 2014
    I know I'm so confused on what he is doing!
    It's a scam, it's the same scam that it was at the start of this thread, the scam that's been explained quite a few times now, it's that scam, the one mentioned in this thread, he's very likely doing that (you know . . . . the scam).

;)
  • TouchiMediaTouchiMedia Member Posts: 154
    I really don't understand how you can climb up the charts.. especially if it costs a dollar to download.. nothing makes sense!
    It only costs him 30 cents to download . . . the theory is if you spend enough money getting an app into the top 10, then the inertia of genuine sales (sales by people who buy it because it must be a great game being in the top 10) takes you passed your initial outlay and into profit.
    I don't get when you say he can keep downloading and it's only 30 cents per download.

I have an apple account, and I can't pay a download more then once, mine or others. I can pay once, download.. erase.. then download again (but not pay) - on same account.

That doesn't do anything tho

• GameLabs222GameLabs222 Member Posts: 197
    Multiple accounts... c'mon it's not hard.
    edited February 2014
    @tatiang
    @Socks that sounds like a scam.
    Yeah, the more I hear about this the more I am beginng to think it might just be a scam ?

What do you think, do you think this scam is a 'scam' of somekind ?

And if it is a scam using a bot service to make multiple purchases or perhaps the $999-app method, then how do you think he is doing this 'scam' ?

edited February 2014
    Multiple accounts... c'mon it's not hard.
    Yeah, but if he's using multiple accounts then how can he be just one person or something about something else or how can he be doing this OMG is now gone to number WTF anyone know what's going on in this what maybe like an alien or something like that does this on the charts up to the like number whatever or something I just don't get it when it gets on to the top of it like an app and all that kind of something or whatever ???

multiple accounts.. like 7,000 ??
  • @Socks Right I forgot about the scam that has been used to scam the people which is now the scam everyone has been talking about! ^:)^
    edited February 2014
    multiple accounts.. like 7,000 ??
    I'm sure it changes from season to season, country to country, category to category - but for the paid games chart I've heard figures from 2,000 to 4,000 will get you into the top 25.
    @Socks Right I forgot about the scam that has been used to scam the people which is now the scam everyone has been talking about! ^:)^
    Yeah, that's the scam, the scam they've used to scam the App Store charts using their scam, that's the scam I'm talking about.

:))
    Well whatever , however he did it.. is pretty crazy. Cause that game certainly doesn't belong. Not sure how one would go about purchasing 2,000 accounts and all have them download. Game is back at #2 lol
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    And closed.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

This discussion has been closed.