iOS app store and Mac app store rejection Update

BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
Hey folks, here's an update on some of the more pressing issues you have reported and have been inquiring about:

-- iOS publishing platform rejection issue: we have a fix to QA for the nightly build, and I will be back porting the fix to the 0.10.4.1 binaries. I hope to have both fixes out to you soon.

-- Mac deprecated API issue: has been fixed in nightly and has been back ported to the 0.10.4.1 binaries. We will push this fix with the iOS fix when it is done.

-- Android antivirus issue has been fixed in nightly and we have back ported the fix to the 0.10.4.1 binaries, We will also push this fix out with the iOS fix when it is done.

We apologize that the iOS fix is taking so long. Apple caught us off guard. We found out about the issue when you guys did.
We don’t get any heads up from Apple or any of the stores about changes to their submission policies, and the fix was more complicated then we thought and thus took us longer to fix.

Thank you for your continued patience as we work through these fixes.

Comments

• quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Thx for the update :)

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• ultimaultima Member, PRO Posts: 1,207
    edited February 2014
    "has been fixed in nightly and has been back ported to the 0.10.4.1 binaries. We will push this fix with the iOS fix when it is done." does that mean it's fixed in 10.4.1 binaries or not? I tried uploading my file from nightly build and keeps on getting an error so revered back to 10.4.1 to build.
  • mataruamatarua Auckland, New ZealandMember Posts: 854
    Cheers for the news and all the best with sorting it out :)
  • CobraBladeCobraBlade Member Posts: 97
    Glad your on top of this, looking forward to the fix getting pushed back through into 0.10.4.1.
  • neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
    Excellent thanks for the update ;-)
  • mcrtommcrtom Member, PRO Posts: 147
    I don't understand how people are using nighly build for publishing ios apps if retina isn't working? Or is it just in adhoc?
  • zweg25zweg25 Member Posts: 738
    Thanks for the update!
  • ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334
    @mcrtom My current experience is that retina graphics are working fine in the nightly when I make an ad hoc build, but the viewer is unusable (most graphics don't show up) and there are colour issues when interpolating the alpha of an image.

I'm about to try submitting a build, so we'll see how that goes I guess :D
    @Armelline Good luck with the build! I'm still getting blurry images on adhoc.
  • tylerglessnertylerglessner Member Posts: 246
    @mcrtom as am I!
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    Cool… now do I resubmit my app from last week.. or wait for it to fail… just incase they let it through as is...
  • clee2005clee2005 http://Donkeysoft.caMember, PRO Posts: 194
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for the details @BlackCloakGS.

Why doesn't implementing iAds prevent this issue? Isn't that the error? That it's calling their ad API without using ads? But I was implementing iAds and still got rejected.

Waiting patiently for the word go!
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    edited February 2014
    Cool… now do I resubmit my app from last week.. or wait for it to fail… just incase they let it through as is...
    Well it paid to wait… it went into review, I then got a message saying 'it needed further review, and apologised for the delay', and then this evening it got approved!!… maybe someone actually played it enough to realise there are no adverts in the game.
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Well it paid to wait… it went into review, I then got a message saying 'it needed further review, and apologised for the delay', and then this evening it got approved!!… maybe someone actually played it enough to realise there are no adverts in the game.
    It does seem a bit random - as I've mentioned previously, I updated all my games, with three iPad ones being last to go to Apple on the same day.

All of them got through except the last iPad one :O

QS

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• jdigioiajdigioia Member, BASIC Posts: 10
    So i keep seeing conflicting feedback on the iAd error and trying to resubmit - so i was hoping to get some help.

We heard back two days ago with the one unresolved issue being the iAd error. Any workarounds with trying to resubmit before we get an official fix from GS? Or is what i am seeing true about some re submissions getting through without changing anything?

Thanks in advance!
  • BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
    we have just released a new build of 0.10.4.1 with all the fixes above
  • jdigioiajdigioia Member, BASIC Posts: 10
    Thanks @BlackCloakGS !
    We will have an update to the nightly builds of the iOS app rejection soon.
  • luislopezcomluislopezcom Member, PRO Posts: 14
    edited February 2014
    Thank you! do "all the fixes above" include the iOS app rejection issue?
    Also, the new build of 0.10.4.1 can be installed "on top of" the current 0.10.4.1? How is it done?
    thanks!
    @luislopezcom yes all includes the iOS app rejection issue.
    @BlackCloakGS Thank you mate!
    So we just download the new 0.10.4.1, delete the old 0.10.4.1 and install?
  • SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339
    So we just download the new 0.10.4.1, delete the old 0.10.4.1 and install?
    As stated in the announcement thread it's a binary update, not creator. Just republish on the publishing server to get the fix.

fine! thanks!
    Already got my app aproved with the fix. Thank you!
  • izamizam Member, PRO Posts: 503
    @BlackCloakGS mac apps submitted just fine. But hyperlinks don't work. So games that has hyperlinks to the app store can't work and so my game got rejected.

Confirmed by apple reviewers:
    Reasons

2.2: Apps that exhibit bugs will be rejected

Here is how we found this bug:

"Buy Now" button does not seem to respond.

This review was conducted on an iMac running OS X 10.8.5

If you are unable to reproduce this issue, ensure you are testing the exact version of the app that you submitted for review, and that you're doing so in a minimally privileged environment. See Technical Q&A QA1778: How to reproduce bugs reported against Mac App Store submissions.

For discrete code-level questions, you may wish to consult with Apple Developer Technical Support. Please be sure to:

- include the complete details of your rejection issues
    - prepare any symbolicated crash logs, screenshots, or steps to reproduce the issues for when the DTS engineer follows up.

For information on how to symbolicate and read a crash log, please see Technical Note TN2123 - CrashReporter.
    @izam inApp purchase does not work on Mac
  • izamizam Member, PRO Posts: 503
    @BlackCloakGS its not inApp purchase. It's just normal hyperlinks
    @izam can you submit a bug report and we will look into it.
  • ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334
    edited March 2014
    After over two weeks of being in review, my iOS app just got rejected due to the advertising issue. I definitely republished it after the fix was announced.