iOS app store and Mac app store rejection Update

2»

Comments

• Supersonic9120Supersonic9120 Member, PRO Posts: 174
    My app was also rejected due to the same advertising issue. I republished and resubmitted last Wednesday, way after the update. Getting frustrated.
  • asidasid Member, PRO Posts: 4
    I have an app waiting for review a week today, with banner advertising, i will let you know how it goes!
  • wpatenwpaten Member, PRO Posts: 281
    edited March 2014
    I uploaded 5 apps after the fix and all 5 got accepted. None of them had any advertising at all. So I am not sure what the deal is, but I can definitely say that their fix worked for me.

I just checked and I don't know if this matters to anyone, however I did not use the Nightly with my submitted apps. I used the last stable build 10.4.1.
    edited March 2014
    The app I submitted does use Playhaven advertising. It was an iOS Universal app.
  • HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792
    @BlackCloakGS - Someone of the forums mentioned that Apple are rejecting apps that are windowed. If that is the case it would be cool to have an additional option. Whereby the game is still windowed but we can have custom background images to fill the empty space.
  • mataruamatarua Auckland, New ZealandMember Posts: 854

@HoneyTribeStudios said:
    BlackCloakGS - Someone of the forums mentioned that Apple are rejecting apps that are windowed. If that is the case it would be cool to have an additional option. Whereby the game is still windowed but we can have custom background images to fill the empty space.

That would be cool :)

• AcroxiaAcroxia Member, PRO Posts: 50

If so, should I publish a nightly build?
    March 2, 01/04/10 to publish and generate app
    ,Apple uploaded but rejected

(Sorry. Written in English translator...)

• App_MakerApp_Maker Member, PRO Posts: 64

Just an FYI because of this advertising issue my app has been denied twice and currently waiting for a third review which they now said its going to need more time to review and it's already been 1 month of me waiting since the first review. I'M VERY UPSET. I submitted my app the second time when Gamesalad said it was ok to resubmit apps and everything should be fine well it wasn't it got rejected for the same issue. Now for this 3rd time I decided to change my app to include ads and yet I've been waiting 2 weeks on this 3rd review and Apple says we need more time to review it.

I feel like because of this issue Apple has put my app in a "We don't care folder and will take our sweet ass time because of it."

How long have those of you that have received an email from Apple stating we need more time to review your app wait till they finally finished reviewing it? Also did they deny it or approve the app?

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334

I didn't have any emails about taking more time, but I submitted my first build on the 2nd Feb and have yet to be able to get one accepted due to the ad issue. One review took something like 18 days...

• App_MakerApp_Maker Member, PRO Posts: 64

Update to my previous comment its now been a 3rd time my app has been rejected and Apple happened to call me today to let me know of this. Same issue with the advertising issue. Apple states the advertising identifier MUST be removed from the app in order for them to approve the app not just be disabled. They also stated that iAds doesn't use the advertising identifier.

Gamesalad when will this issue be fixed??? Does any build currently have the advertising identifier completely removed when publishing our apps?

• JDuaneJJDuaneJ San Francisco Member Posts: 300

I submitted a game about 3 weeks ago. Took 4 days to get reviewed and released. I submitted an update almost immediately after that, and it's been in review since then. Not much changed with the game, just some bug fixes. Weird things happening.

The update queue definitely seems to be separate from the new release queue, and it isn't first-come-first-served. I've stopped even trying to push out updates right now, even though every one of my games has one ready to go.

If someone from Gamesalad can comment on this please? I am releasing new apps tomorrow and will be very upset if they get to the Review process in a weeks time and are rejected.

Thanks.

• BizzyBeeAppsBizzyBeeApps Member Posts: 2

I have had the same problem with getting rejected due to iAd. I have had one game rejected twice since the Feb 12 update from GameSalad fix on the iAd update. For those who have been accepted with iAds. Is there anything that you are doing different when you insert the banner behavior.

• stueynetstueynet TorontoMember Posts: 166

I have had the same problem with getting rejected due to iAd. I have had one game rejected twice since the Feb 12 update from GameSalad fix on the iAd update. For those who have been accepted with iAds. Is there anything that you are doing different when you insert the banner behavior.

My app was submitted on March 3 using the production build from that day. It was approved yesterday. It has 2 scenes with a banner actor simply placed in the scene out of camera range that uses a 350x50 bottom banner. It had always displayed perfectly in my ad hoc tests with a successful connection to iAd server. However I have yet to see an ad show up yet. That being said I have read it can take a few days for ads to start showing. Bottom line though is that my app was not rejected and I used the Publisher on March 3, 2014.

My Latest GS Game - Tiny Spirit
    My First GS Game - Dashing Ralph

• jdigioiajdigioia Member, BASIC Posts: 10

We just received the same iAd rejection as everyone else after 11 days. @BlackCloakGS‌ @CodeWizard‌ anything?

Worries me that they've completely ignored this ongoing issue for nearly a month now, despite literally dozens of pleas on the forums for a response :(

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

we are not ignoring this we are unable to reproduce this issue. Any one still having this issue please send in a support ticket with the app you submitted to apple. CS and I will take a look.

• BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274

@BlackCloakGS said:
    we are not ignoring this we are unable to reproduce this issue. Any one still having this issue please send in a support ticket with the app you submitted to apple. CS and I will take a look.

No disrespect but how can so many people have the same issue? I have a game in review today (third time now) that has been rejected twice already. I have had other apps approved and some rejected which makes me think the issue isn't fixed but that some Apple reviewers are not catching it. I submitted a support ticket and never heard a word back.

@BazookaTime what is the support ticket number?

@BlackCloakGS Support ticket number is #3638, submitted on March 4th 2014.

@BazookaTime Sorry of it taking so long but CS is very backed up right now and they have not gotten to your ticket yet. However to make things smoother it would help us out if you can attach the app you submitted to apple that they rejected. Also the rejection text that apple sends you is very user full in tracking down this issue could you please add that as well.
    Thank you for your patience

Also this does not seem to be an wide speed issue. It is only effecting a small number of users we are looking into it as best we can.

@BlackCloakGS The App that I submitted the bug report for is in review again today after being rejected twice, I am going to wait and see if it gets through before I send in the file. I do have another App that has been rejected once for the same reading that is waiting for review.

The number of users may be low but I am guessing that is because it is mainly Pro Members that are submitting Apps with no ads in them. I mentioned Apple seems to catch and reject about half of what I have submitted and since all of my Apps are basically the same set up, it seems that Apple just missing some.

For the most part, those of us with rejected Apps, are Pro users not putting Ads into our games. This seems to be the cause of the rejections, PLA 3.3.12

@BlackCloakGS After two rejections, my game was approved today. I will wait until my other rejected game gets into/through the review process to see if I need to do anything else.

• BitvorkBitvork Member, PRO Posts: 119

I am using the last (old) stable version and never have a problem with iAd rejection. I have updated 6 games and 3 of them have iAds. Week ago...

• cm.offset@gmail.comcm.offset@gmail.com Member, PRO Posts: 2

I submitted my app "Dot. Dots." on the app store on Feb. 25 and was approved a week later. No revmob ads were showing, but when 0.11.01 came out I published my app again in hopes of revmob ads working. The app was approved again and the update took exactly a week to be reviewed. Everything is working fine. Ads work. The game works. No rejection problems.

My last app submitted was approved fine. This seems to be working fine now. Thanks guys.