Official Flappy Bird Thread - for all things flappy bird (including clones)

Comments

• KillerPenguinStudiosKillerPenguinStudios Member Posts: 1,291
    @CodeMonster,
    Yep, it's pretty sad! If they don't realize by now that it's not going to be a money maker then I am sorry for them. I only made mine for the fact, others are so why not but going to make it better with some extra stuff! ;) :p :D
  • hoadncomhoadncom Member Posts: 14
    Hey, I like this clone. can sell me your template?
    Hey @SportlineDigital,
    First things first, not trying to be harsh! Should have put your own art work in. Don't like to see that you and others purchase a template and your "few changes" are a couple pieces of art work changed or even worse, no changes. There are couple others who used this template and didn't change the art. You should have really made it your own and different especially since your putting a clone out there and you shouldn't just put something out there to try and make a quick buck. You can see my clone here and how it is my own and different! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=flappypals.keystore

Again, not trying to be harsh. Just real talk!
  • WhySoCREATIVEWhySoCREATIVE Member Posts: 75
    Dad of the year!
  • pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342
    How about some original artwork at least?
  • Fal01Fal01 Member Posts: 460
    (:|

It’s not a bug – it’s an undocumented feature

• Fal01Fal01 Member Posts: 460
    (:|

It’s not a bug – it’s an undocumented feature

1 posts user just trying to get some free downloads on a crappy flappy clone....
    2nd new user I saw trying to get free downloads for a crappy flappy clone.
  • darrelfdarrelf Member Posts: 243
    .. not the most exciting game.."
    Ok, that convinced me not to have a go :-)

LOL

• GamingCommanderGamingCommander Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2014
    I am working from a template that's like flappy bird. The floor moves, actor e.g.(bird) can only jump in place. I am trying to make a (item) spawn between the gaps of the obstacles. I already have it spawning. On the right side of the screen and it moves left. My problem is, I want them to spawn on the right side of the screen but randomly. not always in the exact same spot.
  • FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970
    You would want to use random. I would also suggest not making another flappy bird clone as there is already an ocean of them, but to each his own.
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    edited February 2014

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

That's better, now where was I...

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• GamingCommanderGamingCommander Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2014
    im doing it for practice but, what cords should i put in for the x and why to get it to place on iphone screen before it moves on camera view?
  • fturner19fturner19 Member, PRO Posts: 20
    Here's our version of Flappy Bird that we published to the different marketplaces.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rizqqstudios.littleblue&hl=en
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• fturner19fturner19 Member, PRO Posts: 20
    Flappy Bird was a major wake up call to many game developers myself included. There's many game studios trying to come up with the next best game idea, but what we should be doing is looking at what mobile game players really like. All the blockbuster games that has come out the past 2 years are all based off of older games that was hits during their times. So if we just do a little research on older hits we might be able to give birth to the next big mobile game.
  • jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584
    Here's ours - Flappy Birdie

flappy birdie

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

• TouchiMediaTouchiMedia Member Posts: 154
    edited February 2014
    Not a GameSalad game, created in Flash - edited by @uptimistik
  • RipProductionsRipProductions Member Posts: 24
    Does anyone know how a Gamesalad user can make money off just ads from a free game?

Is it possible to do this with a non pro version of Gamesalad?
  • Apple and Google reject app that name Flappy in title or
    reject Flappy Bird clone also?
    Thank Everybody.
  • iamcarteziamcartez Houston, TexasMember Posts: 648
    great trailer o.O ...
  • jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584
    Apple and Google reject app that name Flappy in title or
    reject Flappy Bird clone also?
    Thank Everybody.
    They are rejecting everything with the word flappy in it.

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

• 8BitAvrin8BitAvrin Member, PRO Posts: 368
    So the person on here who made that Flying Cyrus game has the number 1 free app in the US App Store. CNET.com even wrote a short article on it.....

WebsiteTwitter ∞ My apps are available on: Apple iOS App StoreGoogle Play App StoreAmazon App Store

• Hi there -

I run a comedy podcast that's story driven. We have a character in the show that has created a flappy bird type of game and we want to make the game a real thing our listeners can download. We're not going to charge for it and it will just be something fun for our listeners. I'm pretty computer savvy and can follow directions fairly well. I've downloaded the flappy bird template, installed game salad, and now I'm looking at this flappy bird template. All I want to do is change the bird animation and the bricks (pipes) obstacles images. And that's it, nothing else. Is there an easy way to do this? In the flappy bird template, there's 6 images that make up the animation (the birds wings moving basically). I've got my 6 images ready to replace them, but can't figure out how to do so. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

-Danny
  • goliathgoliath Member Posts: 1,440
    Name the images whatever the bird animate images are and it will ask you to replace them. Make sure the graphics are the same size as well (for ex. if the bird animate 1 is named "birdainmate1", rename your new file the same thing and game salad will ask you to replace it). Do that for all the images and you should be good to go.

I hope this helped.
  • goliathgoliath Member Posts: 1,440
    So the person on here who made that Flying Cyrus game has the number 1 free app in the US App Store. CNET.com even wrote a short article on it.....
    That's crazy. Here's hoping that my clone gets the same attention..... How the heck did that person do that with Miley Cyrus and NOT get in trouble?
  • BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    That's crazy. Here's hoping that my clone gets the same attention..... How the heck did that person do that with Miley Cyrus and NOT get in trouble?
    From theGuardian:

What’s more, its developer has given an interview to Israeli site Geektime showing off the app’s download stats: it hit 644,000 in a single day earlier this week, and is now past the 1m milestone.

“The original idea came from a good friend of mine: design a caricature of Miley Cyrus in phase with concrete walls, hammers and the ball from the Wrecking Ball video. I designed the game, from the stage itself through to the obstacles, and my relative designed the cartoon of Miley Cyrus,” he explained (via Google Translate).

“Marketing? Not one dollar invested in marketing. We have released the game in all sorts of forums and people really like the idea...”

Needless to say, there isn’t a licensing deal in place to use Cyrus’ likeness or name, so it wouldn’t be a huge surprise if her legal team were to try to take action. Arguably, they might have more to gain by contacting the developer for some kind of partnership, of course.