Tizen & Appbackr program updates 20-May-2014

Comments

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

I had to delay resubmitting my app that tizen rejected back in december due to vector to angle issues that GS finally fixed last week. My app is now in review. I submitted all the proper info for my app back in december so i hope it get's approved before appbacker checks to see it's on the store. I was one who received an invitation to submit my app and collect an incentive. I did so but due to GS issues my app was rejected. And as i just said is back in review. I hope this doesn't affect my ability to collect my incentives as these issues were beyond my control.

• freshworksplayfreshworksplay Member, PRO Posts: 67

@The_Gamesalad_Guru so sad! You could get my 50 bucks if i get mine!

• BobDBobD Member, PRO Posts: 374

Have there been any info from Appbackr? It has been over a week+ since GameSalad sent the list to Appbackr.

• ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114

@BobD sadly in the world of business, a week isn't that long a timeframe when it comes to payments being processed and issued.

If Appbackr only received the list last week, then depending on their payment policy it could be another month or 2 before we see payments... Companies love their Net30, Net60 and Net90 payment systems.

So I wouldn't hold your breath for a quick payment... A week is no time at all.

• ChakkuChakku Member Posts: 1,513

@Chunkypixels‌

I'm definitely not saying you're wrong, but why do companies do that?? There's no logic in delaying payments for no reason...:(

Chakku

• FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970
    edited April 2014

@Chakku There is a purpose. It means the money stays in their pockets longer. They may hold onto it so that have just that little bit better looking quarter.

Although I'm right there with you and I want them to cough up the dough they owe now.

• ChakkuChakku Member Posts: 1,513

@FallacyStudios said:
    Chakku There is a purpose. It means the money stays in their pockets longer. They may hold onto it so that have just that little bit better looking quarter.

Although I'm right there with you and I want them to cough up the dough they owe now.

Oh I see. But then wouldn't that good-looking quarter diminish into a terrible one when they have to pay off all their dues. I mean, no matter what they try to do, they still owe us money so it doesn't make any difference.

Besides, I would think Intel is a big/rich enough company where having to pay a couple of guys using GS wouldn't affect them...at all.

It's actually shameful that they can't cough up <$100k, I assume they're in the billions since literally everyone I know uses computers that runs on Intel.

Chakku

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@Chakku said:
    Chakku

it sucks, but it is the way most business pay accounts in the US. Even apple does it, that's why you get paid in Feb for Jan's money

• mulyincmulyinc Member, PRO Posts: 102

I don't think we have here an issue with the billing terms. The issue is that there is a big issue with the information flow between the involved companies. Even if we speak from 90 days it's already over for us. So there must be another issue.

• CodeMonsterCodeMonster ACT, AustraliaMember Posts: 1,078

What about the $50 per app submitted and approved?
    I thought this part was gamesalad not appbackr.

Isn't appbackr just meant for the extra incensitives?

• mulyincmulyinc Member, PRO Posts: 102

As I understand the 50 USD does not come from GS they are from intel and they billed them some weeks ago. Not sure how long this will take.

• osalzanoosalzano Member, PRO Posts: 136
    edited April 2014

@dgackey said:
    As of last Friday, we have sent the final complete list to Appbackr, which contained every game that was still waiting for payment or underpaid. Have not heard back yet.

@dgackey, don't get me wrong, but I don't think "Have not heard back yet" and 12 days of silence is an acceptable response. I'm a member of this community since 2010 and always heard vague responses like this. I stopped using GameSalad 2 years ago, precisely because of this stance. I went back because of the incentives and for some time thought that something had changed, but I feel that unfortunately it didn't happen.

We understand that payments depend on another company but, as always, you don't commit to the information you provide.

You Appbackr and Intel owe us an accurate and believable information about the payments.

Just my 2 cents.

• GameLabs222GameLabs222 Member Posts: 197

Intel. They put a thorn in my side many years ago.

Why? Projectoffset.com

What, won't load? Exactly. Google the story.

At least they are back at work... Fractiv.com

• shebhntshebhnt Member Posts: 74

Still haven't gotten any kind of payment from either game salad or appbackr, I'm very glad I got my pro months but I really could use the money.

• morphinegamingmachinemorphinegamingmachine Member, PRO Posts: 449

@‌ dgackey
    will we at least get confirmation that the apps we moved over for appbackr promotions made the cut? if we had an app rated and incentivized when will we see this money?

• FrantoFranto Member Posts: 779

I'm ready to receive the $50 per game payment now. :D I only submitted two, but $100 does help. They are probably still waiting for the check from intel. I'm grateful for the free months though.

• ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453

+1

@morphinegamingmachine said:
    @‌ dgackey
    will we at least get confirmation that the apps we moved over for appbackr promotions made the cut? if we had an app rated and incentivized when will we see this money?
    @Franto said:
    I'm ready to receive the $50 per game payment now. :D I only submitted two, but $100 does help. They are probably still waiting for the check from intel. I'm grateful for the free months though.

• lightspeedlightspeed Member, PRO Posts: 10

what's going on @dgackey ?

No free months?

No $50/app?

Waiting since Jan end

Not good

• ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453

@sadida172 said:
    20 days ago the last update was "Have not heard back yet.". Could someone tell us what's going on? Even if it's the same "Have not heard back yet." from 20 days ago, some kind of update is better than silence.

• iKandyiKandy Imagineer of Crazy Shit New York CityMember Posts: 310

Anyone.... anyone? anyone?

• LordTarantorLordTarantor Member, PRO Posts: 890

coqui!!!

coqui!!!

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334

Well over a month (pushing 2) since the last update. Any chance we could get the latest information?

• colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610

2nd of April was the last update, three weeks. Companies like Intel can take up to 90 days to pay. It could be awhile yet before we get paid, give it some time.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334

@colander said:
    2nd of April was the last update, three weeks. Companies like Intel can take up to 90 days to pay. It could be awhile yet before we get paid, give it some time.

Ah, missed the 2nd April update. Still not hugely encouraging though. I'm more interested in the appbackr payments than the Intel ones though, and those have been waiting for even longer :D

• colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610

It's my understanding that the appbackr payment is coming from Intel.

• FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970

Really is a great way to start off a relationship with developers when you are trying to start your own app market, isn't it? Yea, we will pay you... when we get around to it. So Intel, are you guys going to have a Net 60, Net 90, or Net 360 when it comes to paying developers their proceeds from your Tizen store? You have instilled sooo much confidence in you thus far. Kudos.

• AxygamesAxygames Member, PRO Posts: 203

where is my moneyyyyyyy? :smiley:

• cfisher2013cfisher2013 Member, PRO Posts: 7

I think I have managed to sneak in just in time with our App being published on Tizen 5:47pm on the 27th Feb 2014 - I just hope I submitted all the required info in time but I'm sure I did - ha ha winner!

• dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699

Updated posted. $50/app incentives should be paid out to all next week. Still no ETA on appbackr, waiting on legal at this point.

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

• LordTarantorLordTarantor Member, PRO Posts: 890

Thanks a lot dgackey!