Release Candidate 0.11.0.2 is available!

Comments

• @gajaklukasz said:
    I have this same problem but I have 9 scenes so 9 impressions :-)

My issue may be related.

1. Opening app takes a few seconds (it's only 4mb) and then I get a black screen for 20 seconds and then an ad displays. (RevMob)
    2. Clicking on "X" (close) for the ad, it takes an additional 7 seconds of black screen to open the app to my one and only scene.
    3. Once you crash/die reset scene is called.
    4. It takes 6 seconds of the screen frozen at the point of crashing with the loading wheel in the bottom right to change to a black screen, then 3 seconds black screen before an ad displays.
    5. Once the ad displays, 3 more seconds of black screen before the game screen shows up again.

Tried this on an LG, and a Galaxy S3 and a Kindle Fire.

You can download the beta version here (free): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.visionstrikeware.ospreyflyerkids

• liuxzliuxz Member, PRO Posts: 51

Did fixed stretch in ios universal?Sometimes,can't stretch.

• AbdilattiAbdilatti Member Posts: 43

When is this version coming out live?

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@Abdilatti said:
    When is this version coming out live?

In his last weekly report I think code wizard said this week.

• CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828

Nope dont release anything until all current bugs that have been found and discussed are fixed. All your gonna get if you release this is.. " Why did you release this with this still not fixed"...... " What makes this anymore stable that what I had before this download"... Can I please revert back to my old version until you idiots get this right?" This is what your gonna be facing if you release anything that still has all these issues.

Ive tried to stay back and keep my mouth shut. But................0.11.0 " IS NOT ready for release this week. its just another release with some more "NEW" buggy features.

15 people have asked about certain bugs and if they have even been addressed and no one from GS has hit them back with a yes, no , soon, not gonna happen. And if you release this now. Those same people are gonna ask about the same issues that no one is responding to.

Do i need to go to youtube and find a " Broken Record " video. To show deeper sarcasim.

• natzuurnatzuur Member Posts: 304

@FINNBOGG said:
    Nope dont release anything until all current bugs that have been found and discussed are fixed. All your gonna get if you release this is.. " Why did you release this with this still not fixed"...... " What makes this anymore stable that what I had before this download"... Can I please revert back to my old version until you idiots get this right?" This is what your gonna be facing if you release anything that still has all these issues.

Ive tried to stay back and keep my mouth shut. But................0.11.0 " IS NOT ready for release this week. its just another release with some more "NEW" buggy features.

15 people have asked about certain bugs and if they have even been addressed and no one from GS has hit them back with a yes, no , soon, not gonna happen. And if you release this now. Those same people are gonna ask about the same issues that no one is responding to.

Do i need to go to youtube and find a " Broken Record " video. To show deeper sarcasim.

Some good points here. Take a couple more weeks if it means getting some of the trickier bugs that people on the forums have been posting about.

• Vision Strike Ware LLCVision Strike Ware LLC Member Posts: 86
    edited March 2014

@mattrouse1 said:
    My issue may be related.

Opening app takes a few seconds (it's only 4mb) and then I get a black screen for 20 seconds and then an ad displays. (RevMob)
    Clicking on "X" (close) for the ad, it takes an additional 7 seconds of black screen to open the app to my one and only scene.
    Once you crash/die reset scene is called.
    It takes 6 seconds of the screen frozen at the point of crashing with the loading wheel in the bottom right to change to a black screen, then 3 seconds black screen before an ad displays.
    Once the ad displays, 3 more seconds of black screen before the game screen shows up again.
    Tried this on an LG, and a Galaxy S3 and a Kindle Fire.

You can download the beta version here (free): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.visionstrikeware.ospreyflyerkids
    >
    >

Do I need to bug report this? It makes monetization with this method in Android games pointless because the games load so slowly they are unplayable.

• AlvinFAlvinF Member Posts: 69

@mattrouse1 said:
    Do I need to bug report this? It makes monetization with this method in Android games pointless because the games load so slowly they are unplayable.

it's unacceptable loading time ...

• WbokoWboko Tennessee, USAMember, PRO Posts: 621

YEA, it sure helped my loading times.... SLOW!

• vikingviking Member, PRO Posts: 322

I found something interesting when I was testing my load times with the latest build. The first time I load the game it is clearly a lot slower than 10.4 (about 3 times slower) However, when I advance from scene 1 to scene 2 it loads scene 2 in 3 seconds. Every time after that scene 1 and scene 2 both load in 15 seconds. Maybe it is a memory problem where the memory from the previous scene is not dumped, or not dumped quickly enough...?

• GameLabs222GameLabs222 Member Posts: 197

@viking Yes, @codewizard mentioned a memory leak issue due to scene changes in the last weekly update.

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

@Jungrila can you please submit a support ticket we don't have this issue in our data base.

• StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    edited March 2014

@BlackCloakGS‌
    Can you guys put information on the newer featyres somewhere for everyone to have access to?

There was this document you put out with one of the older nightlies that was very useful.. but hard to find when you need it.

http://gsdc.gamesalad.com/2014/01/30/17/19/52/28/NewFeatures_JS_v5.pdf

Also you put out some videos that explained some of the newer features here:

It covers:

New display text behavior stuff,
    Change scene expression stuff,
    New multi-touch device attributes,
    New string manipulation functions
    and the New table functions.

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/63756/nightly-build-0-0-0-221-is-up/p1

But again it's not available if you don't know about that thread, or your not pro so couldn't even see the thread before.

Was there ever any more info on how to use the Loop Over Table function too. I've got my head round it now but some extra documentation no matter how unofficial would have helped but I couldn't find anything at the time.

I know I've obviously just posted the links, but it would be handy to have this info readily available for all. Plus I assume this thread will disappear from the stickies when the final release goes out (or another Release candidate).

• ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453
    edited March 2014

And I can't do any signing of universal builds on stable nor RC of which I have a support ticket and thread. I'd just like to know if I'm doing something wrong

@BlackCloakGS are there any known issues with gamecenter in the latest RC's? none of the behaviors are working, it doesn't even login.

• CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828

Yeah....... this current version is not worthy of the next "stable" release

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

@jonmulcahy nope we have not touch the GameCenter code in a long long time. So any issues is news to me

@BlackCloakGS said:
    jonmulcahy nope we have not touch the GameCenter code in a long long time. So any issues is news to me

yea this code is very old as well, I don't know what's going on. I'm going to do more researching tonight.

• neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826

@jonmulcahy said:
    BlackCloakGS are there any known issues with gamecenter in the latest RC's? none of the behaviors are working, it doesn't even login.

FYI I built a game using this RC with Game Center for Apple and with Game Circle for Amazon and both work a treat ... :smile:

@neoman said:
    FYI I built a game using this RC with Game Center for Apple and with Game Circle for Amazon and both work a treat ... :smile:

what version of the OS are you running on iOS?

• neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826

@jonmulcahy said:
    what version of the OS are you running on iOS?

IOS7.1 and IOS6. I tested on both.

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764

@jonmulcahy said:
    BlackCloakGS are there any known issues with gamecenter in the latest RC's? none of the behaviors are working, it doesn't even login.

I just updated a old game with 11.0.2 and Game Center worked perfect in Ad-Hoc on iOS, and same game just went live on Amazon/GooglePlay and it worked perfect on Both using 11.0.2 build.

I gotta say I think 11.0.2 is working very well other then just a few minor bugs I finally got out of 10.3.

I was able to update the 3rd game I ever made "Astro Bugs" using a single Gamesalad build and using iOS universal for iPad and iPhone plus using same build for Amazon and Google with Leader-boards and Achievements for all and added chartboost network and all is running perfect.

I'm still waiting on Apple to approve or reject "Steam Jack" funny I submitted it days before the "Astro Bugs" update, and they approved that one and sent me e-mail saying Steam Jack would take longer and then I submitted a second update for "Astro Bugs" and they approved that one too, and still waiting on "Steam Jack" but thats ok I'm happy.

I had submitted "Steam Jack" with the nightly .250 because 11.0.1 had issues but after playing it with 11.0.2, it ran so good I rejected the binary again and resubmitted with 11.0.2.

Gamesalad just fix a few more bugs and you will have a fantastic stable build I think.

• gajaklukaszgajaklukasz Member, PRO Posts: 110

When can we expect to fix interstitial ads with RevMob?
    The first version of the RC was good but after a few days was an upgrade to a newer 11.0.1 and now does not work well. Please do something about it.
    For you fix this is a piece of cake for all of us a lot of money.

• BitvorkBitvork Member, PRO Posts: 119
    edited March 2014

I have been chosen for the App of the Day promotion (Amazon) with my Tram Tycoon game. Sound distortion has been fixed. Thank you for that. However, they told me if I can remove Chartboost and Revmob. Funny thing is... I didn't activate any advertisement in any full version (I am really not idiot -> implementing ads into full version). They have probably found some META and they do not like it. Could you please remove (or just do not implement) any ad code when "Chartboost" or "RevMob" checkbox is blank? Thanks, Daniel.

• HappyBadgersHappyBadgers Member Posts: 53

Where do we download the iOS viewer that works with this new release candidate?

• r.eduardo92r.eduardo92 Member, PRO Posts: 2

Does this allow publishing to KitKat (4.4.2)?

@BlackCloakGS‌

I've noticed if you import images like 1,5,9,13,17,21,25,29,33,37 and select "this is a sequence" it will arrange them like 13,17,1,21,25,29,33,37,5,9 can that be fixed so they still get arranged in the correct order.

my image sequence is like that because I use steps a lot when making animations but I suppose I could tell it to use two numbers that way I get 01,05, etc, anyway.

• CORE GameCORE Game Member, PRO Posts: 280

just to clear up some confusion, when this version should come up to the public ?
    and if it is taking long, is it stable enough to make my next game on it and release it with all the new features it has ? or I will face bugs and be forced to recreate it again with previous versoin?