Free Beginner Templates!

Comments

• @SmokeyAce73‌ Hey thank you, I was able to get it flipped around! Thanks for the help

• SmokeyAce73SmokeyAce73 EarthMember Posts: 370

Good News!

Developer For BLUNTentertainment - Feel Free To Message Me! - Free Beginner Templates!

• devmattdevmatt Member Posts: 38

@SmokeyAce73‌ Thank you so much for your help! You've helped us greatly.

• junaid558junaid558 Member, PRO Posts: 29

Thank you sooooo much @SmokeyAce73:)

• mxs2649mxs2649 Member Posts: 32

@SmokeyAce73‌ hey man what happened to my question?

Sorry @mxs2649 Still trying to figure it out, kinda hard :/

Developer For BLUNTentertainment - Feel Free To Message Me! - Free Beginner Templates!

oh ok, thank you so much.

• appzuniverseappzuniverse Member Posts: 1

Good templates..Can you update more templates??

@appzuniverse, more coming very soon, been really busy lately sorry for the delay!

• AlanoAlano Member, PRO Posts: 70

@smokeyAce73: Regarding your random spawning template. How/where do you adjust the acceleration? Thank you sir!

-Alan

@Alano I used interpolate, look below:

Change the length of time it takes the actor to move, opposed to changing the speed of the actor

• AlanoAlano Member, PRO Posts: 70

Thank you sir! that works. Hope you don't mind if I ask ya another question on this:
    How do you control the frequency of the falling actors? I understand the Random (1,4) command randomizes actors 1-4 spawning but is there a way to control this amount?
    Thanks for help!

-Alan

edited April 2014

@mxs2649 I really can't figure this out and for that i'm sorry, I'll keep trying but in the time being here's another template for a potential bomber game!

Preview:

Download Here!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, you can click and drag the bomb to wherever you like, the ground actor will not be affected by the blast and the block actor will, When you take you finger off the bomb explodes automatically. This is easily changed just add a timer

@Alano Again it's all about timing, check the spawner actor for this behaviour:

• Shorter Time = More Actors
    • Longer Time = Less Actors

@SmokeyAce73‌ hey nevermind, i will keep trying on my own too and will let you know if i figure it out, and will check this bomber man template. thanks a lot buddy :)

Here's a simple GravityController Click the blue boxes to change gravity!

Preview:

Download Here!

@SmokeyAce73‌ can you help me with this meanwhile? "I am moving a rectangle actor diagonally on the screen within a limited y value, it moves only when a "moved" attribute is false. As soon as my other circle actor touches rectangle actor, the moved attribute is true and the rectangle stops moving diagonally, instead it comes down 100 px using the moveTo attribute and once it comes down, i am setting the moved to false again after 0.07 seconds. But it does not starts moving again. Why?"

edited April 2014

@mxs2649 If you want the 'Moved' attribute to only turn true as your circle actor hits the rectangular actor:

In your Rectangle Actor

• Rule
    • If actor collides with circle
    • Do
    • Change attribute game.moved to true
    • MoveTo x CircularActorX and y CircularActorY-100
    • Otherwise
    • Change attribute game.moved to false

The part in italics is for moving the actor down 100px once its touched the circle

This is untested, if it doesn't work/isn't what your looking for let me know and i'll play around tonight when i'm on the mac

• winged_boxwinged_box Member Posts: 52

Thank you SmokeyAce73

edited April 2014

hello @SmokeyAce73,can you make the falling actors speedup over time(which means the game becomes tough over time)....means falling quickly than before.....please help me bro

@junaid558‌

@SmokeyAce73 said:
    Here's a template requested by junaid558 and devmatt for Actors Speeding Up Over Time

>

Is this not what you we're looking for? In this template the actors Speed increases overtime, We're you looking for Actors spawning over time?

@junaid558‌ i think i did something similar, you can have an speed attribute with which they fall initially, and then you can use a timer to increment the speed after whatever time you like. That worked for me.

here is the project @SmokeyAce73

@SmokeyAce73 said:
    junaid558‌

Is this not what you we're looking for? In this template the actors Speed increases overtime, We're you looking for Actors spawning over time?

similar in the project above?with the spawning actors.......have you seen the project @SmokeyAce73‌ ?

@mxs2649 said:
    junaid558‌ i think i did something similar, you can have an speed attribute with which they fall initially, and then you can use a timer to increment the speed after whatever time you like. That worked for me.

take a look at my project @mxs2649

edited April 2014

@SmokeyAce73‌ i figured the movement thing partially, what i am doing is that as soon as my circle falls on rectangle. I am using two game attributes to start tracking the rectangles x and y attributes and then i constrain the x and y position attributes of the circle according to the game attributes, so it works for like 10 pixels and then the circle falls below...because i am always setting the acceleration to 900 downwards for the circle, but the collide attribute is also on with the rectangle, i dnt get it why the circle does not stops falling and moves along with the rectangle. I hope you can figure this out.

Also, regarding that movement thing, i tried what you said but it does not work, when the "moved" is true, it does come down which was happening before too but once it comes, it does not start moving diagonally again. That was the main problem.

@junaid558‌ smokeyace already answered your question right? If not i can have a look but it is not a gamesalad file, i cannot open it.

its a zip file bro..just extract and you will see the game salad project

@junaid558‌ Nope, i guess u made it in windows because all i see is a folder with lots and lots of file and not a gamesalad project.

@mxs2649 it is a mac one...... i just redownload and had the project ready....just be sure to open the project with rc0.11+