Finally, Metrics, Analytics and A/B Testing for your GameSalad apps, free and simple

HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782

With the addition of network functionality to GameSalad, we finally have the ability to interact with our apps and evaluate possible improvements for our users.

In the spirit of GameSalad (game creation for everyone), we have been developing, simplifying and testing for the last three months to make analytics accessible to all.

With only six behaviours in your app, you can already track your currently active users, number of sessions over time, how your marketing campaigns perform by comparing new and returning users, etc.

Adding further metric detail, messages, A/B tests or event driven triggers is a snap.

If you are Pro, then it can be used with any of the new nightly releases, release candidates and the upcoming version 0.11.

If you are interested, visit the link to APPFORMATIVE in the signature.

Pricing

The service is completely free, no surprises. No subscriptions, contracts or credit card details to tie you in. We do limit the data points collected to 25 000 per app per month. You will not automatically be tied into any subscription or fees if you cross this threshold.

What about privacy of my users?

We create our own user IDs, we do not transmit any user or device specific data. GameSalad does not make this available. Therefore, the tracking is completely anonymous.

Even the location based data is only able to accurately identify the user by country. Further detail is not reliably possible due to the nature of mobile connectivity. Actual GeoData is not accessible at this point.

What if I prefer my to host my own server and do my own analysis?

For those who prefer to set up and maintain their own server, I can point you to the excellent headway that @StormyStudio and @jonmulcahy are making. Read up under the following threads
http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/64039/creating-your-own-asynchronous-server
and
http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/63636/sending-and-receiving-data-using-your-own-sql-server-php-file-and-testproject-included

Happy digging,
Roland

42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.” Steven Wright
Don’t be that guy/girl

Comments