Release Candidate 0.11.0.6 is available!

124»

Comments

• imGuaimGua Member Posts: 1,089
    edited April 2014

@Hymloe said:

I did it couple days ago. Just want to inform GS users about current state with RC.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited April 2014

@Armelline said:
    . . . the bug that's still in this latest RC where it's hit or miss if images added to a project will show up in the image browser . . .

Yep, that bug has been in GameSalad for many many years now, it's been discussed and reported but it's still in the latest RC (and it's not on Public Bug Database list).

Like a lot of these bugs, if they are not show stoppers you just learn to live with them, you need just to be careful when importing and deleting images - always best to Save As prior to importing or deleting an image, especially when you are dealing with a load of images (as in an image sequence), things can go wrong quickly !

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
    edited April 2014

FYI I opened up the bug database post. Feel free to put missing bugs in there. The only thing I ask is there has to be clearly written steps to reproduce the bug, expected and actual result for following the steps. Also if you have a bug number from us please include it.
    Thanks

• TaoOfSaladTaoOfSalad Member, Chef Emeritus Posts: 83

Following up on the prototype/instance sync issues. It comes in many different flavors, each needed a different fix. All the known cases will be fixed in the next nightly and RC. Some were already fixed or partially fixed which might have created a misunderstanding. Below I've listed the known cases. If you have another case that doesn't fall under these, share a description so we can address it ASAP.

1. Create a prototype and add custom attributes. Copy this actor to make a new prototype. Editing the copy could alter the original (particularly deleting custom attributes), even though they should be separate, unconnected prototypes.
    2. Create a prototype and add custom attributes. Create some instances. In an instance, modify the custom attribute. This would alter the prototype, and any other instances still locked to the prototype for that attribute.
    3. Create a prototype and some instances. Add some new behaviors to the prototype. Now view an instance. The behaviors behind the lock icon do not match the changes to the prototype. If you unlock the instance's behaviors while in this state, it will start with the bugged behavior list, not the prototype's most recent behaviors.
    4. Create a prototype and some instances. Modify prototype's size, color, or image. In scene editor, instances do not reflect the changes. But on preview or save+reopen, they match again.
    5. Create a prototype and some instances. On an instance, revert the size or position. While the instance's size and position are updated correctly in scene preview, the clickable area for that actor no longer matches so you can't select the instance. If you select the instance via the layer view, you'll see the selection box at the wrong size and position.
    6. Create a prototype and some instances. Reposition an instance by dragging it in the scene editor. Although the instance was not explicitly resized, its size attributes have been unlocked. If you change the prototype's size, the instance will not update.
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Sorry if this has been reported but I didn't see it. I'll submit a bug report in a moment.

If I create a new project file and add an actor with When Touch is Pressed, DisplayText "touch" and then click on the actor and drag outside of the scene boundaries and let go, when I then move the mouse back within the scene (mouse button is now up), it still displays "touch." The stable build doesn't have this issue.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• ShadowMoonShadowMoon Member Posts: 146

@BBEnk said:
    I reported before that my images were screwed up see image below, and they are in preview but on the actual device there all fine.

11.6 looks like 11.5 in preview but on device they look correct like 11.3 publishing with 11.6, and I did use tinying on these images.

except the alpha looks like 11.5 which is correct "angel and airship".

So what I'm saying is images on device using 11.6 are correct.

I also have this issue. PNG are screw up in this build.

• zzap64zzap64 Member Posts: 405

I'm finding the Loop Behavior causing my scene to fill up with corrupt images when in Preview. Tried on 3 different saves. When toggled off, Preview works fine. I'll investigate further and submit steps to reproduce.

• crazycam99crazycam99 Paris, FranceMember Posts: 519

@imGua‌ I've been having the same problem as you. My game doesn't load some scenes. The only difference is that is doesn't load scenes in the Android Viewer but in the iOS ad hock it works perfectly. I tested it with the stable release of GS trying to reproduce the same bug but it worked perfectly.

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764

@ShadowMoon said:
    I also have this issue. PNG are screw up in this build.

On Device or Creator? because mine are fine on device just messed up in creator.

@BlackCloakGS said:
    FYI I opened up the bug database post. Feel free to put missing bugs in there. The only thing I ask is there has to be clearly written steps to reproduce the bug, expected and actual result for following the steps. Also if you have a bug number from us please include it.
    Thanks

Glasnost ! :) Excellent stuff, cheers for sorting this out.

@TaoOfSalad said:
    Following up on the prototype/instance sync issues. It comes in many different flavors, each needed a different fix. All the known cases will be fixed in the next nightly and RC.

Great news ! This is one bug that had really slowed my projects to a slow crawl (especially images not updating on instances), it would be fantastic to see it crushed.

• vikingviking Member, PRO Posts: 322

Fixing this issue would be amazingly awesome!

• quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188

@Socks said:
    Glasnost !

Bless you!

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• ClockClock Member Posts: 308

@BBEnk said:
    On Device or Creator? because mine are fine on device just messed up in creator.

I still have screwed up images on both device and creator. Been several months, I still can't publish to android. Revmob works, but PNG! My pro account is getting expired.

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

@Socks said:
    Great news ! This is one bug that had really slowed my projects to a slow crawl (especially images not updating on instances), it would be fantastic to see it crushed.

Indeed! Can't wait!

• mataruamatarua Auckland, New ZealandMember Posts: 854

@TaoOfSalad said:
    Following up on the prototype/instance sync issues. It comes in many different flavors, each needed a different fix. All the known cases will be fixed in the next nightly and RC. Some were already fixed or partially fixed which might have created a misunderstanding. Below I've listed the known cases. If you have another case that doesn't fall under these, share a description so we can address it ASAP.

1. Create a prototype and add custom attributes. Copy this actor to make a new prototype. Editing the copy could alter the original (particularly deleting custom attributes), even though they should be separate, unconnected prototypes.
    2. Create a prototype and add custom attributes. Create some instances. In an instance, modify the custom attribute. This would alter the prototype, and any other instances still locked to the prototype for that attribute.
    3. Create a prototype and some instances. Add some new behaviors to the prototype. Now view an instance. The behaviors behind the lock icon do not match the changes to the prototype. If you unlock the instance's behaviors while in this state, it will start with the bugged behavior list, not the prototype's most recent behaviors.
    4. Create a prototype and some instances. Modify prototype's size, color, or image. In scene editor, instances do not reflect the changes. But on preview or save+reopen, they match again.
    5. Create a prototype and some instances. On an instance, revert the size or position. While the instance's size and position are updated correctly in scene preview, the clickable area for that actor no longer matches so you can't select the instance. If you select the instance via the layer view, you'll see the selection box at the wrong size and position.
    6. Create a prototype and some instances. Reposition an instance by dragging it in the scene editor. Although the instance was not explicitly resized, its size attributes have been unlocked. If you change the prototype's size, the instance will not update.

This sounds like a great list and yes thanks that's what I experience as a user, all of the the above.

Thanks for that, cheers, M@

• cpieracpiera Member Posts: 2

useful

• HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653

Awesome to see the Instance/Prototype issues being looked over in detail. Cool stuff if that all gets fixed up!

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@TaoOfSalad‌ Thanks for the list of prototype/instance issues. Now I know I wasn't doing something wrong or that I misunderstood the expected behaviour. Sometimes I wasted so much time trying to make something that I thought was simple, just work!

@quantumsheep said:
    Bless you!

: )