Image blur issue even after setting to 72dpi.

ramfrdramfrd Member Posts: 13

hello,
I have created some characters using Illustrator and then moved to photoshop to change DPI from 72.0009 to 72 exactly. I have my image width and height in the factor of 2. I still see blur problem when importing and animating them to run in sequence. The size of all images are having height as 76 still when I drag and drop them on Animate behaviour, I can see the first two images clearly there and next two images having blur issue and its heights are little different than the first 2. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. This is my first game try. Please help

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited April 2014

@ramfrd said:
    The size of all images are having height as 76

All your images need to be the same size.

• ramfrdramfrd Member Posts: 13

Thanks for replying.I do agree that 2nd image has 74 ... but the real problem is with the 3rd and 4th images.. if you see first attachment in my post, you can see what I am talking about.. During animation Image 1 and 2 goes kinda smooth, but 3 and 4 look a little bigger.

Do all the images in an animation should have same width and height for it to run correctly? I have just seen Platformer template given free by Gamesalad and it seems like all the images of player have size 50*58.....

edited April 2014

@ramfrd said:
    Thanks for replying.I do agree that 2nd image has 74 ...

The first image is 74 pixels high. :)

@ramfrd said:
    but the real problem is with the 3rd and 4th images.. if you see first attachment in my post, you can see what I am talking about.. During animation Image 1 and 2 goes kinda smooth, but 3 and 4 look a little bigger.

All your images need to be the same size.

ah!! that's a typo, I meant first image only..

@ramfrd said:
    ah!! that's a typo, I meant first image only..

Yeah, I was just being pedantic :)

I see what my issue is... people have gone thru it already (http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/37757/how-to-make-animations-in-gamesalad ).. problem now is I have to find a way to create all images in same size (width and height).... I am not sure how to do it.. a running man's image will have higher width than a standing man's image... I have gone thru the other forum post in which you were also there.. I was not able to see what solution the questionnaire found.

edited April 2014

@ramfrd said:
    I see what my issue is... people have gone thru it already (http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/37757/how-to-make-animations-in-gamesalad ).. problem now is I have to find a way to create all images in same size (width and height)

It's almost as if I'd already said that ! :)

@ramfrd said:
    .. a running man's image will have higher width than a standing man's image...

You are confusing 'image' with the actual image file size, they are not the same thing. You do not want to make the runner the same size in all the images, you want to make the image file size (in pixels) the same size.

For example, if you made a blank 512 x 512 pixel image file and painted an elephant on it, a massive elephant that took up the whole area - then the image file would still be 512 x 512 pixels.

But if you started with the same blank 512 x 512 pixel image file and instead painted a tiny 16 x 16 pixel beetle in the middle - then the image file would still be 512 x 512 pixels.

So, each of your running man image files needs to be the same size, make them big enough to accommodate the runner when he is at his fullest extent.

• SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339

@Socks said:
    So, each of your running man image files needs to be the same size, make them big enough to accommodate the runner when he is at his fullest extent.

Yea as socks says, but I do know some programs you export animations from base the export out as a bounding box to the character not a static size which could be the problem?

To get around it. Make an invisible character as part of the animation that the runner would always be in and exporting with that. Again not sure what your using here so just a guess.

Thanks Socks and SingleSparq: I cleared my issue... @socks: your previous post made much sense. I did the same "Elephant- beetle" thing you said and it worked perfectly. I combined all my images needed for animation-> Found highest value of width and highest value of Height->used "File","Save for web & Devices option "->set the "image size" to the (Highest width,highest length ) for all the images of my animation. I am much of a programmer than a designer, so did not know these things.

Thank you so much for taking time to reply and please continue helping

@SingleSparq‌ : I am using Illustrator and photoshop by the way...

@ramfrd said:
    Thanks Socks and SingleSparq: I cleared my issue... socks: your previous post made much sense. I did the same "Elephant- beetle" thing you said and it worked perfectly. I combined all my images needed for animation-> Found highest value of width and highest value of Height->used "File","Save for web & Devices option "->set the "image size" to the (Highest width,highest length ) for all the images of my animation. I am much of a programmer than a designer, so did not know these things.

Thank you so much for taking time to reply and please continue helping

Glad you sorted it out ! :)