Release Candidate 0.11.0.9 is available!

BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

Release Candidate 0.11.0.9

Fixes:

• Fixed actor images showing a thin gray border when their alpha was set to less than 1
  • Fixed Android apps hanging when trying to play unsupported audio formats

Known Issues:

• The Release Candidate version of Creator will not open if your GateKeeper settings are set to “Mac App Store” or “Mac App Store and identified developers”
  • Chartboost ads will sometimes fail to load on Android and cause the game to “hang” on black screen. This can be worked around by hitting the back button on the device.

Report Any Bugs
If you find bugs in the Release Candidate, let us know! We'll be watching the forums and support tickets for info on this. Once we're all happy with the state of the build then we'll make it stable.

Take a moment to review the "known issues" section of the release notes before reporting any bugs. No need to duplicate reports on what we already know, right?

Thanks for your help!

Go Get It!

See the release notes here:

http://gamesalad.com/download/releaseNotes/creator/rc

Download the release candidate here:

http://gamesalad.com/download/releases

Scroll down until you see "Release Candidates"

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Awesome as always! Thanks!!

• FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970

@BlackCloakGS Would you say we are nearing the stable version?

• CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828

Under the "Known Issues" section. Wouldnt a list of bugs that you are currently working on be listed here as known issues that are currently preventing a release of a stable build.

Everytime I read this I feel like you are 2 things away from a stable release. Then I go over to the bug database and go " There is no way they are that close"

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

Great stuff @BlackCloakGS

• CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143

@FINNBOGG‌
    We won't be fixing every bug on that list before releasing 0.11. Just the most critical ones. I think we're really close here. In fact, if nothing else major pops up I'm ready to push this one live.

@CodeWizard said:
    FINNBOGG‌
    We won't be fixing every bug on that list before releasing 0.11. Just the most critical ones. I think we're really close here. In fact, if nothing else major pops up I'm ready to push this one live.

Awesome!

Hey, here's a neat bit of info... we broke Twitter posts with images when we converted your images to the new gsimage format. We're working on a permanent solution to this but, for now, we've hacked up a sweet workaround for you.

Name any images that you want to post to twitter like this: "twitter_somename.png"

Any image that starts with "twitter_" in its name will not be converted into the new gsimage format.

@CodeWizard said:
    Hey, here's a neat bit of info... we broke Twitter posts with images when we converted your images to the new gsimage format. We're working on a permanent solution to this but, for now, we've hacked up a sweet workaround for you.

Name any images that you want to post to twitter like this: "twitter_somename.png"

Any image that starts with "twitter_" in its name will not be converted into the new gsimage format.

Ah! A gold nugget! Thanks!

• NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483

awesome

• colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610

@CodeWizard I keep getting this message when I try to publish "There is something wrong with our servers. Contact us and reference publish request [bfa74a69-6bf7-4301-9aa2-3f770cacd1b2]."

That problem seems to be caused by you not having any images in your game. We're working on a fix but, until then, put an image in there and let me know if it's still broken.

• ClockClock Member Posts: 308

I know GS team are working so hard. I could tell from Candidates 0.11.01 - 0.11.09… But can you give us the official released date of 0.11? Would it be the end of summer? Or next year?

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@Clock said:
    I know GS team are working so hard. I could tell from Candidates 0.11.01 - 0.11.09… But can you give us the official released date of 0.11? Would it be the end of summer? Or next year?

read 8 comments up by code wizard :)

• CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828

And please dont take my statement in here as my usual harsh sarcastic self. I just renewed my iOS developer license today. So im looking forward to trying out the new take on GS coding and stronger foundation. Im looking forward to see it.

• ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453

In case nobody's noticed if you try to take screenshots when doing a universal build from an iPad file and changing the settings to stretch and iPhone Legacy and iPhone it does not take screenshots of the smaller iPhone and iPhone legacy images it only takes screenshots of the 1024 x768 iPad size when the app was originally iPad format

• mobiazzammobiazzam Member, PRO Posts: 50

@CodeWizard said:
    That problem seems to be caused by you not having any images in your game. We're working on a fix but, until then, put an image in there and let me know if it's still broken.

I upgrade to latest version, but still have the same error.
    How to check that my project not having any images?

@mobiazzam said:

what is your exact error message? the GUID will be different for every failure, and it can mean a ton of different errors in the back end.

• forthebirdsforthebirds Member, PRO Posts: 16

I've noticed a bug in Release Candidate 0.11.0.8 and reported a ticket. (Haven't tested it with 0.11.0.9 yet, and perhaps it has been mentioned before.)

A white scene background turns to black after a text is entered with ›Keyboard Input‹.
    For reproduction:
    1. Set scene color to white.
    2. Make a button which displays a text variable and add a rule with ›Keyboard Input‹ changing the text variable, after touch is released.
    3. Test with GS-Viewer on an iOS Device. The bug sets all white scenes to black, after a text is entered.

On my test everything else is running fine so far. Big thanks to the GS team!

P.s. Currently it doesn't seem possible to install the viewer on the iOS simulator due to a bunch of errors in Xcode. (Issues: "Apple Mach-O Linker Error")

• Supersonic9120Supersonic9120 Member, PRO Posts: 174

@forthebirds I am getting this same issue when an ad is clicked or when you go to any URL.

• sawkasteesawkastee Member Posts: 184

I think there may be an issue with the "change table cell value" behavior. However I'm not super proficient with GS so it may be a bug in my code. Can someone with more GS experience test it or tell me how a simple test would reveal the truth? Here's a thread on my issue:

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/67506/problem-with-change-table-cell-value#latest

@jonmulcahy said:

Hi Jonmulcahy,
    This is my error messages.

There is something wrong with our servers. Contact us and reference publish request [8ad4f08f-a848-4578-8804-7820e8ca8dab].

@mobiazzam said:

make sure you submit a support ticket below, they can look up the GUID and see what went wrong. it could be problems with your icon file, file name, game name, input in the publisher.

good practice is to make sure you are not using any special characters anywhere when publishing (name, file name, image names). It should all be alphanumberic characters with spaces and '_' and '-' being ok as well

@mobiazzam‌ It looks like two of your png images are actually psd images. We're working on a fix for this but you can work around this for now by making sure all of your images are actually pngs.

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764

Ok I just started using Twitter in my games. iOS is good the image thing works perfect, but Android does not seem to work I assume it's not supported yet, am I correct?

• stueynetstueynet TorontoMember Posts: 166

@Chaser said:
    In case nobody's noticed if you try to take screenshots when doing a universal build from an iPad file and changing the settings to stretch and iPhone Legacy and iPhone it does not take screenshots of the smaller iPhone and iPhone legacy images it only takes screenshots of the 1024 x768 iPad size when the app was originally iPad format

What do you mean by Screenshot?

My Latest GS Game - Tiny Spirit
    My First GS Game - Dashing Ralph

• mactds10mactds10 Member Posts: 63

This isn't for 11.0.9, but I'm wondering if the custom load spinner could be added to the initial load screen.

I just had an app rejected because apple review said the app freezes on launch, and it was actually just the ten second load time for the Gamesalad game. A spinner on that screen would show that it's actually loading.

Thanks

@CodeWizard said:
    mobiazzam‌ It looks like two of your png images are actually psd images. We're working on a fix for this but you can work around this for now by making sure all of your images are actually pngs.

Ping pong ping pong! you are awesome.
    I didn't notice that.
    Thank you so much.

• EireStudiosEireStudios Member Posts: 451

Is there anyone else having trouble with the viewer on android devices, mine keeps hanging on a Downloading screen on 3 devices

• ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453

@stueynet‌ in the creator when previewing the app you can set scene/project pictures by clicking the camera icon on top right corner and use those for images when submitting your app.