Release Candidate 0.11.0.9 is available!

2»

Comments

• stueynetstueynet TorontoMember Posts: 166

@Chaser said:
    stueynet‌ in the creator when previewing the app you can set scene/project pictures by clicking the camera icon on top right corner and use those for images when submitting your app.

Oh gotcha. Yeah I know about that I just wasn't sure what context you were referring to.

My Latest GS Game - Tiny Spirit
    My First GS Game - Dashing Ralph

• ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453
    edited April 2014

I brought up the issue of not wanting to use a custom start screen on an app and the user only seeing a blank screen. I suggested instead of while it loads being blank perhaps an image of the first scene or something of that nature and one user about had a fit I brought it up. Anyway you could do a pic of first loaded scene

@trevor@applenapps.com said:
    This isn't for 11.0.9, but I'm wondering if the custom load spinner could be added to the initial load screen.

I just had an app rejected because apple review said the app freezes on launch, and it was actually just the ten second load time for the Gamesalad game. A spinner on that screen would show that it's actually loading.

Thanks

>

• PoisonSaintPoisonSaint Member, PRO Posts: 17

What I really need is for the Chartboost to load correctly so I can release my free game. The rest can wait, seriously. Monetization comes first like always. :)

Chartboost startup ad works fine all the time so far for me, but when I change scene it usually works the very first time, then after that it shows black screen. Should I do a Timer for 60 seconds? Will setting timer for 60 seconds help?

• joshuanewton@live.co.ukjoshuanewton@live.co.uk Member, PRO Posts: 17

@PoisonSaint said:
    Chartboost startup ad works fine all the time so far for me, but when I change scene it usually works the very first time, then after that it shows black screen. Should I do a Timer for 60 seconds? Will setting timer for 60 seconds help?

How is Chartboost working for you financially? (Not getting too personal sorry!) do you prefer this financial method to a paid app? I'd love to know your experience on marketing a free game

the paid method can be very hard if you don't have a large network to work with, but I'm very interested in freemium!

• BitvorkBitvork Member, PRO Posts: 119

Yes, loading times after Chartboost ad -> Change Scene are terribly long. This is devastating any free game with Chartboost included. Tested on Android and iOS. RC9 is fine but with those loading times... it can´t be the last RC.

• BitvorkBitvork Member, PRO Posts: 119

I have tested it now... it is not so bad like yesterday... really weird. :neutral_face:

• DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277

I'm pretty sure this has come up previously - but when testing my previous game with this build I find that the initial scenes load fine (menu scene, instructions scene, start sequence scene etc), but it then hangs when changing from my start sequence scene to my first game scene.

The scene itself appears to load - I can see it and a sound loop plays - but the loading wheel spins endlessly and the scene accepts no user input.

• crazycam99crazycam99 Paris, FranceMember Posts: 519

This is the best RC yet, the Android viewer finally works again! Yay!

• imGuaimGua Member Posts: 1,089
    edited April 2014

There is no behaviors, image, sound selection window. And change attribute looks messed up. Bug submitted to gs support. https://www.dropbox.com/s/m55ujlb4unu6s6c/Screenshot 2014-04-23 18.52.42.png

update: Works fine now.

• vafurlogivafurlogi Member, PRO Posts: 203

When I use Photoshop (CS6) and use "save for web" to make a 8 bit png, transparency does not work if you use a matte. If I select a white matte and transparency, GameSalad ignores the alpha channel and displays a white background every time.

edited April 2014

@joshuanewton@live.co.uk said:

I don't know about paid apps. I do have some free apps that's making me about 12 dollars a day each on ads. I used abmod though. They are not game apps either. I bet game app would make more on ads if they are afun and addictive, that's why I got GameSalad Pro, but the monetization here suck and very limited. GameSalad is definitely the best and "Most fun" game maker out there. Who the hell would want to sit there and code a game when you can have fun dragging functions and actors. Making a game with GameSalad is like playing a game yourself.

I don't know why they're updating the Program, works fine for me on Windows Creator. Just need more monetization options for Android. At least iOS have iAds and PlayHaven. PlayHaven for Android please with banners and everything since Google admob will not be here. PlayHaven for Windows phone too. Please and thank you.

edited April 2014

Is Google Play IAP ever possible? Or is it not going to happen just like Google Admob? Google Play IAP plus Chartboost can be a killer. Google Play IAP plus PlayHaven/Admob is Supreme God Killer for Sure. :)

I'm starting to look at Amazon now. I'll try Amazon IAP plus Chartboost when Chartboost starts to load right. One thing I want to sell in IAP is "No Ads". It's hard to do that when there's no banner ads and Chartboost can't even load right. I guess I can place ads manually with affiliate links through the URL function.

• DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277

@DigiChain said:
    I'm pretty sure this has come up previously - but when testing my previous game with this build I find that the initial scenes load fine (menu scene, instructions scene, start sequence scene etc), but it then hangs when changing from my start sequence scene to my first game scene.

The scene itself appears to load - I can see it and a sound loop plays - but the loading wheel spins endlessly and the scene accepts no user input.

UPDATE:
    I think i've found my problem - and this may help others too. My old project contained some bad code in one of the actors in the scene which was hanging. It obviously didn't trouble the previous stable build, but caused issues with this new RC.