Tutorials for Apple Certificates, App ID's, Provisioning Profiles, App Signing & iTunes Connect

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

Great stuff @Thunder_Child !! :)

• WarpSpeedWarpSpeed NYCMember Posts: 84

@Thunder_Child YOU ROCK!!!

• Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Member Posts: 2,343

Hey folks...planning on a revamp of the tutorials...less pausing due to Internet lag, my own troubleshooting, less amount of "uh, uh, um, uh"....

Here are the topics as I see it. I currently have 12....I would be reducing them to 11 (I think)

WHAT DO YOU THINK ?

Apple Toots

Certificates
    ...csr
    ...developer
    ...production

App ID's
    ...name
    ...bundle id
    ...?

Provisioning Profiles
    ...developer
    ...adhoc
    ...app store

ITunes Connect
    ...new app
    ......iOS
    ......Mac
    ...information entrance
    ...pricing
    ...?

iTunes Connect Leaderboards
    ...adding leaderboards
    ...adding achievements
    ...?

GS Publishing
    ...universal
    ...name
    ...bundle id
    ...orientation
    ...iAds
    ...signing

Adhoc Testing via Xcode
    ...direct connect through Xcode

Application Loader
    ...upload to iTunes

Adhoc Testing via Testflight
    ...pre-release
    ...internal
    ...external
    ...review
    ...adding users
    ...inviting testers

Adhoc Testing new Build via Testflight
    ...changing build to test
    ...review

Submitting App for Review
    ...choose build to submit
    ...last check
    ...answering submission questions

You could really help me out with input on this...I want to update them as needed.

TC

edited July 2015

Wow thanks to....a lot of people ! Over 16,000 views of my tutorials and 128 subscribers!

Slowly outlining my next few toots !

• KnightStarKnightStar Member Posts: 162

Well done, Sir.

:)

-- J

• RPRP Member Posts: 1,990

Yeah, dude I just watched too. Man, you were gripping about this stuff not so long ago! You have really tackled all this by the horns and with finesse!

Kewl beans.

• floatingwoofloatingwoo Los Angeles, Calif.Member Posts: 393

@Thunder_Child Ok so I haven't set up the game salad viewer since, I don't know, GS version 13.20. I got tired of having to redo it every time GS updated. So is it safe to assume that with this version 13.29 being pretty stable that now would be the time to go through all this. Or is it going to be all for naught the next time game salad is updated?

• CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828

@codewizard said that he is looking into not having to reload the viewer everytime there is a update. He thinks it's just a version check issue. We will see.

edited July 2015

@floatingwoo...

I have never used the viewer or simulator. It takes so little time to sign an ad hoc and put on a device so I can see and feel how it plays and looks I average 5-6 Adhocs a day easy. Average time to adhoc a new build or addition to a project is less than 4-5 minutes.

If your continuously struggling with the viewer I would consider dropping that whole process if you have a device to test to. Of course all my experience is strictly iOS and Mac devices.

• floatingwoofloatingwoo Los Angeles, Calif.Member Posts: 393
    edited July 2015

@Thunder_Child I know Ive been down this path before, but I couldn't find the post in the forum, so I will risk looking the fool and ask.....Do I need a pro subscription to be able to sign an ad hoc for testing on iOS? Can I do it with a basic subscription ?
    Edit_I will need pro subscription to do it.

Dude don't ever not ask a question to feel "foolish"....the foolish question...is the question not asked....pretty sure some really smart old guy said that once. :-)

This is just a bump for the new members to the forums and GameSalad...below is a link to my 12 part series of tutorials that teach you...I believe...everything you need to do relating to creating certificates, app ID's, provisioning profiles...how to use the GS publishing portal, adhoc testing via Xcode, letting you AND others beta test you app via testflight, entering information in iTunes connect and finally...submitting your app for review to be published to the App Store.

Remember...watch these videos...maybe more than once...go through the process ONE TIME...and all should work flawlessly.

• NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483

@Thunder_Child Hey can u help me how to set app price in itunes 1¥ instead of $0.99
    i was trying to submit app to Chinese market with low price...but it is showing Tier 1 with minimum value of $0.99

Thanks

@Thunder_Child Is there a way to submit one app with different prices to different countries , i mean
    for example app1 1¥ in china ,but $0.99 in rest of the world

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@NimbleBug said:
    Thunder_Child Is there a way to submit one app with different prices to different countries , i mean

Apple is not going to bother and split anything below $0.99 specially such a low amount at 1¥ which is 16 cents.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• owen_dennisowen_dennis Just a guy, you know. Member, PRO Posts: 236

This is great! Updated tutorials for important things like this are super helpful.

Now if I can only learn how to delete all the screwed up versions of certificates I've made and installed over the past 6 months and start it all from scratch. ;-)

@Thunder_Child , in itunesconnect i was trying to do localization ,so i added a Chinese...and Japanese ,and updated all the meta data keywords with Chinese and Japanese,but now i dont want to add Japanese,so i was trying to delete localization for japan,in itunesconnect ,but it was giving error " There was an error saving changes. Please try again later or contact App Store Developer Support" i there a way to delete localization of app

Thanks

@owen_dennis said:
    This is great! Updated tutorials for important things like this are super helpful.

Now if I can only learn how to delete all the screwed up versions of certificates I've made and installed over the past 6 months and start it all from scratch. ;-)

I feels ya bro ! If you have any previous apps you consider junk...I recommend to edit their names and call them "ignore". That's about the best you can do.

I totally understand I still have those from when I was still "newb" and occasionally...I sift through them and find I can delete a few of them. I think Apple makes you keep them for like at least 6 months before allowing you to delete them entirely but I am not for sure about this.

@NimbleBug said:
    Thunder_Child , in itunesconnect i was trying to do localization ,so i added a Chinese...and Japanese ,and updated all the meta data keywords with Chinese and Japanese,but now i dont want to add Japanese,so i was trying to delete localization for japan,in itunesconnect ,but it was giving error " There was an error saving changes. Please try again later or contact App Store Developer Support" i there a way to delete localization of app

Thanks

I'm sorry but I do not currently have any experience about pricing localizations. I think @Lovejoy probably has answered your question. Even if it wasn't what you wanted to hear. :-(.

@owen_dennis said:

I miss read this. Yes once you have duplicate certificates it can be incredibly hard to know which is which...

Keep in mind...your certificates are still available to download from iTunes Connect...I believe you COULD...delete them ALL entirely from your Mac and go download them again...install them as my tutorials show and have that issue cleaned up. Careful though....DO NOT delete them from iTunes connect...doing so can cause a heck of a lot more issues...like making app IDs and provisioning profiles invalid...careful...

@Lovejoy i didn't get what ur saying :(

@Lovejoy Any idea about this

1) "in itunesconnect i was trying to do localization ,so i added a Chinese...and Japanese ,and updated all the meta data keywords with Chinese and Japanese,but now i dont want to add Japanese,so i was trying to delete localization for japan,in itunesconnect ,but it was giving error " There was an error saving changes. Please try again later or contact App Store Developer Support" i there a way to delete localization of app"

2)set app price in itunes 1¥ instead of $0.99 i was trying to submit app to Chinese market with low price...but it is showing Tier 1 with minimum value of $0.99

3)submit one app with different prices to different countries , i mean

Thanks

@NimbleBug

1) That error message appears sometimes, it may just be Apple having some server issues. Try again tomorrow.

2) The minimum apple allows is Tier 1 $0.99 No way around it.

3) There is no price tier below $0.99 so no you can't put a lower price for the Chinese market.

edited July 2015

@Lovejoy

Apple had been using this Alternate Tier structure in China since last year. The same model has now been implemented across these 6 countries as well.

Lowest Prices Apps

After this update, the lowest price of an app on Apple Appstore is:

India: Rs 10
    Mexico: 5 Peso
    China: 1 Yuan
    Indonesia: 3000 Rupiah
    Russia: 15 Rubles
    Turkey: 0.59 Lira
    South Africa: 3.99 Rand

Limbo Game in China 1¥ (0.16 US Dollar)
    https://itunes.apple.com/CN/app/id685890408

In US $0.99
    https://itunes.apple.com/US/app/id656951157

Need for Speed™ Most Wanted

in India just 10rs (0.16 US Dollar)
    https://itunes.apple.com/IN/app/id540925500

in China 1¥ (0.16 US Dollar)
    https://itunes.apple.com/CN/app/id540925500

In Australia $1.29
    https://itunes.apple.com/AU/app/id540925500

and in USA it is $0.99

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/apps/news/developers-can-now-price-their-paid-ios-apps-as-low-as-rs-10-713432

@The_Gamesalad_Guru Do you have any idea on this Guruji

@NimbleBug I did not know about this change, thanks for the info. Not sure on how to do it then.

@NimbleBug I just check out iTunes connect and found what your talking about.

If you click to select a tier and scroll all the way down it shows you the alternate tiers.

@Lovejoy oh...OK it was implemented 1year back in china...and now in India....I heard in china it is super successful for small developers because of less price and more population

@NimbleBug Alternate Tier A is the one your looking for.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

@NimbleBug i would recommend reading the iTunes connect developer guide to obtain such information. This is where I go to do my research on such matters.

@lovejoy @The_Gamesalad_Guru Thank u so much i got it :)