Get 100% review for every single promo code on iTunes!

HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
edited November -1 in iPhone and Android Publishing
Promo DIspenser 3.0 is released.

Users have to review the app on itunes, which they took a promo code for, before they get a new one.

Every single promo code of yours will be 100% reviewed on iTunes!

Use Promo Dispenser as a TOOL. Where ever you want to give away codes, use a link to your Promo Dispenser site, so you always can track your codes and you can be sure, no lurker will disappear with your code without leaving a review.

You can take a code as a developer too.
You can make as many accounts, as many accounts you have on iTunes.

Only US Appstore accounts, of course.

Many new features and more coming!

http://iphoneapp-promocodes.com

---------

What is Promo Dispenser?

Tired of waiting for your app being reviewed on TouchArcade and the other well known sites?
Tired to visit forums for giving away promo codes and for reading the feedbacks?

If yes, please read this:

I made a site, where developers can give away promo codes automatically in a controlled environment and let their apps review for free and without bureucracy.

Developers can upload their apps' info and promo codes and users can take the promo codes for their favorite apps.
There is no drawings, sweepstakes or lottery.
Every user can tak one promo code in every 24 hours if they reviewed the previous app on iTunes, they got a code for!

If you are a developer:
Your admin panel shows you, which codes are taken to which games.
Users have to review and rate your app on iTunes, before they can get a new code, so you get 100% feedback about your app.
There is a buy on appstore button, so if your game doesn't have any codes, interested users can buy the game anyway.

Our site can be wieved also as a review site, like Touch Arcade or Appvee etc.
The main difference is: at our site everybody is treated the same way and everybody has the same chance. You upload your info and the users review and rate your app. No waiting queue, no arrogant reviewers, who pick your app based on how much you pay or how big name you've got.

Your app appears immediately and you get your rating directly from the users. You can also post video links or any other information about your app. You can announce updates etc.

If you are a user:
You can rate and review the apps, letting others know, what they can expect from the app.
You can see immediately, if an app has free codes or not.
You can see immediately, if you already commented an app.
You can see immediately if you can get a new code.

New apps presented daily!
It's absolutely free!

Please read the Terms of use!

And please spread the word!
If you give away promo codes, please advertise it on the forums and sites, you are advertising promo codes by a link to our site, so people can find your promo codes.

Thanks!

We have now (updated May. 21)

* registered developer 792
* Applications 843
* Free codes 773
* Reviews written: over 7000

Our site was visited by ~50.000 unique visitors since the 13th of July 2009 (opening day)

Comments

• CrazybreadmanCrazybreadman Member Posts: 674
    Thanks for the update info about your site. I haven't tried it yet but I think I will give it a shot once my latest game gets approved.
  • HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
    Welcome :-)

If you want to get reviews on iTunes, I advice you to use it (almost) exclusively :-)

We are very excited about it, because we believe, it will help enormously for indie devs to promote their apps.
  • DanielADanielA Member Posts: 101
    Hey Hunnenkoenig i tired registering to your site and it would let me log in. I tired re sending the password and it still didnt work.. Please help because i would love to use this site!!! I need money hahah
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    same here hunn, I tried logging in and it wouldn't let me, then I had the site email my info, and it didn't display my username, only a password, so I tried logging in with the original info I registered with and it wouldn't work, let me know how to troubleshoot! :)
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    Great update.

I have had good luck with your site in the past. Typically even the old version about 30% or more would leave reviews plus the email alert has always been nice.

I have noticed that even the bad reviews had good suggestions.
  • bladeolsonbladeolson Member Posts: 295
    I can't log in either. Great idea! I want to try it!
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    I registered for this about a month ago, i only put on my remaining codes as i used most on Touch Arcade and it does work, my codes were used and everyone had a review because of it. Great idea and site Hunn. Thanks
  • ZillaZilla Member Posts: 157
    Hi, Hunn

I was trying to create an account and all I got was an empty email .

Then I was trying to resend the registration email on your site but the email I got is empty again.

I cannot log in...

Can you try to solve this issue?
    Sorry guys!
    It worked everything fine on our test server :-(

Thank you for letting me know.

We will fix this as soon as possible.
    I will update, when it works again.

Sorry for reacting so late, but I was sleeping after working on it until 5 a.m. :-)
    Ok, now we have a workaround.

If you register as a developer, you get the activation email of the regular users.
    The system doesn't want to send the developer activation email for a strange reason.

You will get the activation email and you will be able to log in.

Resending account info is working for me.

If you registered already, just go to the login page and click the "resend activation email" link and provide the needed data in the form.

I hope it will work for you.
  • mrfunkleberrymrfunkleberry Member Posts: 424
    I didn't even know this existed. Nice work!
  • StrobanikStrobanik Member Posts: 77
    Hiya! Trying to enter the site, but all I get is this:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /chroot/home/renaissa/iphoneapp-promocodes.com/html/index.php on line 263
    Try again

I was just messing around and I forgot one }

It's fixed now.

These are the days, when some glitches happen after a big update... sigh...

Everything works fine on the test server and then when you go live, then this :-)
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    Great idea. I'll definitely try on my next.
  • nulonulo Member Posts: 315
    love the idea. unfortunately I'm getting the same problems on registering. and now the site is in a different language also.
    I tried re-sending the registration email but didn't get any activation links in there.
    Same here hunn, site is now in a diff language and I can't get my reg info still
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    How does the site check for a user's age?
    I'm thinking that codes cannot be distributed to users under the age of 13. Right?

Also, how does Apple feel about this website?

I think that this is a great website. It certainly makes it a lot easier to distribute promo codes. Yet, I'm not sure if Apple is cool with it. I wrote to them and I didn't get a reply.
    I finally got it to work, I just signed up a second time with a different username, and received a confirmation email :) Registered 2 games so far, so looking forward to seeing results!
    If you have problems getting Hungarian as the default language, delete your cookies and try again. Logging out and in again may also help.

I think, the default setting changed to hungarian probably due to an old file.

It should be english now.

Apple is fine with the site. They know it and they verified it. Read the FAQ :-)

I don't know about any age restrictions for promo codes. Years ago Apple didn't allow 17+ apps to have promo codes, but that has been changed a long time ago. Everybody can use a promo code, no matter how old they are. You never could make sure, that only people with certain age get a promo code.

It would be also senseless.

@Butterbean: If you have problems, please rather contact us, than registering multiple accounts.
    Which account do you intend to drop? I would like to delete it at all.

Oh and I can't stress enough: Dont rely only on the users of Promo Dispenser!

Advertise your promo codes given away on Promo Dispenser on other forums and channels too!

Promo Dispenser can't make you successful alone. You have to do something for it too :-P
    Hunnenkoenig said:
    You never could make sure, that only people with certain age get a promo code.

I mean, it's not in the user agreement :-)
    (If it is, I didn't see it.)

Having something like that might be beneficial to you in general. Because of COPPA, my site doesn't allow registrations from 13 year olds.
    Hi, Hunn

I was trying to resend the registration and then I reveived an mail that looks html but won't display as a html formatted text:
    `

READ THE WHOLE TEXT!

REALLY!

YOU'LL NEED THE INFO!

Hello,

Thank you for registering on Promo Dispenser.

Please click the below link to activate your account.

Activation link: Resource id #13

Before using the site, please read the FAQ and the Terms of Use.

`
    etc...

It also says that there is a registration link in the mail, but there is only the phrase:
    `
    Please click the below link to activate your account.

Activation link: Resource id #13

`
    I also got an email with the following info:

`
    Hello,

This is your Account Info E-mail!

User name: MyUserName
    Your new password: 1234adec56dea678e95eadc86ed65ad34

Cheers!
    The Support Team
    `
    (with my user name and with another similar password of course)

When I try this combination, I cannot login:

`Wrong username or password!`
  • nulonulo Member Posts: 315
    just sent an email through the websites contact form about not being able to register.
    Uhm...

This gets tirening with that email. I don't know, why it is happening.

Let me know your account name and I activate the account manually.

You can't log in with that password of course, because your account is not activated.

That thing you received is to change the password if you forgot your own, but for that you need an activated account.

Try to use the resend registration email on the login page.
    I registered a test dev and I got the email with the link just fine.

Maybe it's your email provider or your mail client... I don't know...

When did you get that email?
    On age restriction:

To be honest I don't care. I searched now and I couldn't find any info on an actual age restriction for promo codes.

If apple has a problem with my site, they will contact me. Until then I won't get a headache about it.

As I always said, it is not my job to take care of all the children of the world. Their parents' job it is.

If they bought an iPhone for a child below 13 and they even allow him/her to download apps on their own, than it is a fucked up family and I care even less :-P

Probably I should have put even a warning onto the page that swallowing an iPhone may choke them...shouldn't I? :-P
    Hi Hunn

`Let me know your account name and I activate the account manually.`

The user name is GodZilla

Thank you very much :)
  • A3MGA3MG Member Posts: 152
    I tried to post some codes and found that most were 1 character too long to fit on the line provided. Is it OK if they go to the second line?
    Hunnenkoenig said:
    On age restriction:

To be honest I don't care. I searched now and I couldn't find any info on an actual age restriction for promo codes.

I thought that the codes are supposed to be distributed with the license agreement.

This is what I sent out last time...
    SCHEDULE A2
    REQUIRED HOLDER TERMS AND CONDITIONS

The code is set to expire four weeks from 4/28/2010 and is redeemable only on the iTunes Store for the U.S. Requires an iTunes account, subject to prior acceptance of license and usage terms. To open an account you must be above the age of 13 and in the U.S. Compatible software and hardware, and Internet access (fees may apply) required. Not for resale. Full terms apply, see www.apple.com/legal/itunes/us/gifts.html. For more information, see www.apple.com/support/itunes/ww/. Don't steal music.

• scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    This doesn't seem to say that a developer is doing anything wrong by making a promo code available to a youngster. It seems to be saying that the youngster is not allowed to set up an iTunes account. I don't think the onus is on us here (or on hunn)

http://tippingbucket.org/
    1 minute + 1 dollar = 1 school!