my new game "Roll Turtle" gamedev‬ progress prototype art :)

Comments

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@kirafu Once it is released I'll gladly buy, review and rate it. Your efforts and patience with GS is really inspiring and motivating.

Hey members, if enough of us download, review and rate this as soon as it is released maybe we can push it up the charts so Apple feature it?

So what if we have to buy it? What's a buck worth anyway, only US$0.99. You can't even buy a decent coffee for that!

Wouldn't it be great to see a game developed with GameSalad on the top of the AppStore? ;)

• RossmanBrothersGamesRossmanBrothersGames Member Posts: 659

can't wait to play this, looks great

• GnarlyGnarly canadaMember Posts: 840

@PhilipCC said:
    @kirafu Once it is released I'll gladly buy, review and rate it. Your efforts and patience with GS is really inspiring and motivating.

Hey members, if enough of us download, review and rate this as soon as it is released maybe we can push it up the charts so Apple feature it?

So what if we have to buy it? What's a buck worth anyway, only US$0.99. You can't even buy a decent coffee for that!

Wouldn't it be great to see a game developed with GameSalad on the top of the AppStore? ;)

Could be a great promotional game for GS.

• DuesDues Member Posts: 1,159

Im quite confiden GS will add this game to their homepage :)
    @kirafu It's looking awesome!

• BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274

Wow, the game is looking fantastic!

• ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114

Completely agree with what everyone else is saying, it's a superb looking game, and the effort going into making it and promoting it is a lesson for all of us... It's a great advertisement for what GS is capable of.

@kirafu I salute you.... :)

• kirafukirafu Member, PRO Posts: 314
    edited April 2016

@Icebox @gattoman @jollydo @RossmanBrothersGames @gattoman @Dues @BazookaTime @BazookaTime @PhilipCC wow! thanks guys! I really appreciate it,but Roll Turtle will not feee game or $0.99 , Its price will be $2.99,no iap,no ads. It comes with many hidden elements,with the progress of the game to unlock,this way is very old school,But its can be more like a video game style not a mobile game style,I hope this does not disappoint you guys, because I really love this style and enjoy it.

===================

this week's progress,

I completed final test on as much as possible device,
    This game has a lot of small details,I love details :smiley:
    like this,
    when you perfect ‪#‎RollTurtle ( perfect all world / level )‬,
    title scene will bit different , but it would be very difficult,
    I think very few people can see it :D

Imgur

and I completed some details amendments and other works such as adjustments app icon.

Imgur
    The far right is the last version and when game release to use it,let role tilt a little create more Lively feel (They look like Secretly watching you).

next week I have to make new trailer,and I received 1.25 beta,I'll test to see whether it is worth a little time to wait for it or just use 0.13.33 released.

ps.about game prices,I think a very long time,because there is no any iap,and rich content and plenty of hidden elements and got some indie awards in my country,elected as a showcase tokyo game show,that's why I was so decided.I think it's worth the price. Roll Turtle is very interesting and fun,I can not wait to let everyone play !

love you guys :smile:

‪#‎screenshotsaturday‬

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276

Looking realy good!
    Are you going to release this for Android too?

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Member, PRO Posts: 486

Looking super slick dude! Getting close to launch, yes?

Great icon. First in line to buy no matter what your price.

@kirafu , @Hopscotch , @Socks , @Chunkypixels , @gattoman ... et al.

$2.99 is a really cheap gift if you have any kids, nephews, nieces, friend's kids and even grand kids for some of you old timers :D .

Besides, think of it this way: of the $2.99 that I spend Apple gets $0.90 and Kirafu $2.10.

Then if Kirafu buys my $2.99 game Apple makes $0.90 and I get $2.10 of my investment back.

We each get a review and a rating of our games for an outlay of $0.90 each!

If I did this with a few other members I'd be happy to spend $9 to get 10 ratings and reviews. ;)

The only problem is that I have yet to make a game worth paying $2.99 for that Kirafu, or any of you, would like! :/

Any way, I'll still buy Roll Turtle.

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

I will happily buy and leave a review in hopes it helps your launch day. Although I I don't quite enjoy these type of games, $2.99 is small price to pay for months of inspiration you have provided.
    Best,

• Keep up the good work!! Waiting for your game to be released!! and best of luck!!

Kirafu doesn't hide he is using GS. Great promotion game here. Supporting Kirafu could benefit the company GS thus helping us as well.

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Member, PRO Posts: 486
    edited April 2016

amazeballs!

• AngryBoiAngryBoi Member Posts: 586

I can't wait to buy this game right off the "Editors Choice" feature!

edited April 2016

@MentalDonkeyGames yes,Roll Turtle will release on Android and iOS,but you know,Android Piracy problem is too serious,So I plan to delay release date of Android :(

@Hopscotch @gattoman @PhilipCC @Two.E @Nabbo (ReflectiveByte) @AngryBoi thanks you guys,you are so kind,you will love to play the Roll Turtle :smile:

===================

this week's progress,
    I changed word "all level" to "all levels",and thank you of remind me this mistake. :)
    and,
    Finally,I finished ‪"#RollTurtle‬ - app store Preview Video 30 seconds (iOS)"
    hope you like it :smiley:
    check it out !

this means I'll sent Roll Turlte to apple review next few days,
    And can begin to plan release date!!!!
    plus,all video size conform apple production video specifications,It is really a hard work...

edited April 2016

oh,another thing,I tested 1.25 beta,
    Unfortunately,FPS performance did not improve for Roll Turtle now,
    so I have to use 0.13.33 to release Roll Turtle.

0.13.33 FPS performance and Loading time is perfect for Roll Turtle,
    I spent a lot of time to adjust it.
    So I lose localized functionality has been completed,only Show English :neutral:

@kirafu said:

So I lose localized functionality has been completed,only Show English :neutral:

The framerate issue is not fixed yet. It's the only bug left in 1.25. Hopefully your game will be smooth with 1.25 when it is released.

And i love the preview video!

Mental Donkey Games

• vikingviking Member, PRO Posts: 322

@kirafu the trailer looks good and it shows off the gameplay, but I think you should try to tell a story with your trailer. You already have a cute story with an aspirational main character with an adorable relationship with his baby turtle. People respond to stories and you only have a few seconds in the trailer to turn a viewer into a player. Mechanics are important, but connecting with people emotionally will help you convert them into buyers and evangelists for your game. Just a thought...

@kirafu said:

Very dissapointing. I was to believe that was fixed in 1.25????? Only stuttering issue remained to fix in 1.25?

13.33 is very good build.

• AngryBoiAngryBoi Member Posts: 586

@gattoman It will be fixed in 1.25. It's being worked. It's the final problem

@AngryBoi said:
    @gattoman It will be fixed in 1.25. It's being worked. It's the final problem

I thought the stuttering problem and frame rate issue were different......

edited April 2016

@kirafu Nice looking video, but I agree with, my correction @gattoman I meant @viking, about telling a bit of a story, not only in the video but the AppStore description as well where you can make it as long as you need.

i think this is store preview video.

I like it. Rather see game play myself.

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

Just wanted to weight in here, please don't take my opinion, or any one who has recently commented on here as "must do" feedback.
    The preview video in my opinion is perfect. I was curious, I watched, I felt like I should be playing.
    It catered to my information needs. What is it about, what type of game is it, are there levels, do they look fun. How polish is, and does it look appealing.
    If you were to add in some emotional story or some thing I would stop watching the video and I would pass by your game. Because you didn't tell me anything about the actual gameplay and that's the key factor I would want to know before buying a premium price.

If you feel an emotional connection video is best suited, save it for the trailer, that can go on for longer than 30 seconds. You have the time to tell the story without it being rushed. Those who watch game trailers are willing to invest more than 30 seconds into knowing what your game is about and that you need to save those eggs and young turtles.
    Please don't ruin what is a perfect video for a preview because it's not "emotional". That's not the point of a preview, and according to Apple terms and conditions.

All the best,

• swanyboyswanyboy Member Posts: 38

I agree with telling a story. It would be awesome to show the eggs being stolen, and a little gameplay in each world of trying to get the eggs back. (Or however your game is)

• Benjamin_m5Benjamin_m5 Member Posts: 646

I see it as Two.E

If the trailer is a story it gets boring to watch. Trailer with gameplay is much better. Cheers

@Benjamin_m5 said:
    I see it as Two.E

If the trailer is a story it gets boring to watch. Trailer with gameplay is much better. Cheers

I agree. I always look for the actual gameplay in a trailer.

Mental Donkey Games