State of GameSalad 6-20-2014

CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143
edited June 2014 in GameSalad Kitchen

It's been a while since I posted one of these updates. Please pardon my recent inconsistency. We're crazy busy working on new stuff!

We're head's down working on a bunch of stuff, folks. Here's the skinny:

1. Our public bug database is nearly complete. We've got it up and running and are working out the bugs in it. Ironic right? I'd expect this to be live in the next week or two. We'll be moving most of our workflow into this public database so you can keep track of what we're up to if you're interested.
  2. The graphics engine rewrite is complete and in QA. This should be in our next "nightly" build. We really should think about changing that name from 'nightly' to something else...
  3. We're turning Plays Together integration back on in the next nightly build. This means you'll be able to work on your async multiplayer games again soon! Yes, there's some news about this that I'm not sharing yet. ;)
  4. Windows Creator 10.5 is out and we're working on a few new bugs there. After that we're turning our attention to pushing out 11 features for Windows Creator. Slow and steady progress is being made.
  5. Speaking of Windows Creator, we're finally getting nightly builds out for Windows Creator! We almost turned them on today, but thought it'd be wise to wait until Monday.
  6. Our new cross-platform creator is making good progress. We're still being tight lipped about it... but it's getting closer every week.
  7. We're looking to hire another web developer. Check out the job posting here: http://gamesalad.com/jobs
  8. Speaking of web developers, our new Marketplace is also making good progress. I don't have an ETA yet, but we've got a new and improved marketplace coming your way.
  9. We're also working on release 12 -- first pass of Facebook integration and Google IAP.
  10. Speaking of IAP, some coming changes to IAP on iOS are causing us to revisit our implementation on that platform. Shouldn't cause too much of a hiccup, but it will impact release 12 a bit.

That's the low down. Lots of stuff happening in the kitchen. It's go go go! I'll pick up the pace on these updates again. Expect my next one at the regularly scheduled Wednesday time.

Until then!

Comments