Black Story! lateral thinking puzzle story. Can you guess the story by asking questions?

Comments

• TosanuTosanu Member, PRO Posts: 388

A man sitting on a park bench reads a newspaper article headlined "Death at Sea" and knows a murder has been committed.

• FallingBoxStudiosFallingBoxStudios Freelance Graphic Designer Member Posts: 822

I don't really understand the last one :neutral_face:

(Questions for the new quiz)
    Did he commit the murder?
    Did he maybe know who died or who committed the murder?

Ill clarify, since the elements were there.

The man killed his wife. As an alibi, he took advantage of his job as a radio host to put a prerecorded show on the air and treat it as live. Driving away from the scene of the crime, he turned into the show, and heard himself glitching out on the air, gapping and repeating, clearly showing it wasnt live. He realized his alibi was dirt now, so he shot himself.

For the new quiz.

No. no and yes.

• FallingBoxStudiosFallingBoxStudios Freelance Graphic Designer Member Posts: 822

Oh okay.

Was it a family relative/friend who did it?

No.

Also, im a bit of a troll, but not enough of one to not give you guys this fair warning. That last question, i could have been evil about. If the answer to either thing he asked was yes, i would have just said yes and left it at that without clarifying which. I believe in the mathmatician's answer. So choose your words carefully particularly about compooud questions, less I be evil.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

So what did the albatross have to do with all this ? Was the albatross working for the radio station, was he the one who was in charge of the tapes, was he ever questioned ?

The albatross was the guest. Sadly, he was cooked on way to the station, as part of his plan so that the guest wouldnt show up and see noone there.

• ImNiklasImNiklas Member Posts: 103

Did he know that someone had died before he read the headline?
    Did he know that the person he knew were goong out on sea?

@ImNiklas‌ No. Yes.

Was the person killed on a boat? Was it a ferry? Was it a fishing boat?

@ImNiklas‌ No they were not killed on a boat.

• KillerPenguinStudiosKillerPenguinStudios Member Posts: 1,291

Dang, I know this one. :/

As in heard it before or just think you have it?

Did the person die because he drowned?

Yes.

Bump

I wonder if my story killed it. I didnt check over the weekend, so seeing no further questions...

• AdrenalineAdrenaline Member Posts: 523

I usually only come here during the work week so my activity dies down big time on the weekend.

I'll participate now, though! Does the man know who committed the murder? Was the murderer expected to be with the victim at the time of the murder? Does the article provide an explanation for the death?

Yes. I cant answer that because its too vague(expected by who?). Yes

Ahh okay. I meant expected like: he was going on a boating trip with him. As opposed to the murderer showing up unexpectedly while at sea and committing the crime.

Maybe another way to ask it: is the murderer's presence accounted for in the article?

yes.

• gamestudentgamestudent Member Posts: 504

did the man get eaten by sharks?

You said the person didn't die on a boat and that the person drowned, but can it be that he was pushed off a boat?

@gamestudent no. Also, we already established what killed the person.

@ImNiklas‌ yes.

Was the man that read the newspaper on the boat?

@ImNiklas‌ No he was not.

The man who died - did he fear for his life before going out on the boat?

@Adrenaline Irrelevant.

bump, but im thinking this may be almost dead. since only 2 others are regularly posting. So this is a bit of a last chance in my view.

• -Timo--Timo- Member Posts: 2,313

I am on vacation and didnt had internet. Now I have :) not going to use it a lot though.
    Ok, old one has been guessed. Dont really understand it... Oh well.
    New one :)

Is the paper from the same day? (Not old or future one?)

Did the man knew the killer?

Was he the killer?

Did he heard something before about the murder? (Example: he heard the killer accidentalt talking about what he was going to do?)