State of GameSalad on 8-27-2014

ForumNinjaForumNinja Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 554
edited August 2014 in GameSalad Kitchen

Hello all you GameSalad users! As per usual I’ve gathered some more updates for you since last weeks’ State of GameSalad post. Enjoy!

1. We are aware of a terrible issue that happened to one of our members recently. They had their game essentially completely copied and posted on the app store! We’re working to resolve this issue as soon as possible to make sure it doesn't happen again! More info in this thread: http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/71779/can-you-re-engineer-a-store-build-gs-game-gs-source-code-safety#latest

2. Arcade update! For those that missed it. In this last week we updated our Arcade with a couple new features: a bigger play area and support for more resolutions!

3. Release 0.11.2. (The next of our planned releases for Mac Creator) More good progress being made here. Some ugly bugs that occurred when using the Viewer on iOS 8 devices have been killed and will be included in this update. One such issue that has been fixed is the text and graphics being misaligned.

4. Release 11 for Windows users. (This is the Windows version of the last big release Mac Creator got.) A couple of major bugs have been squashed since last week and progress is being made slowly and steadily toward release!

5. Release 0.12.0. (The first big release since 0.11.0. and planned to come out after release 0.11.2) Lot’s of issue getting looked at and worked on here. Also great progress being made! Stay tuned.

6. New nightly build for Mac! We’ve got someone looking into the last couple issues stopping this from coming out for you guys. Can’t say for sure a time frame yet though, but hopefully soon!

7. New marketplace. Great progress being made here! I’ve heard news of a category navigation feature being worked on as well as some others. Should be great when it’s done!

8. Cross platform creator. Tons of great progress being made here still and we’re getting ever closer to being able to talk about it! I’d love to tell you more, but I’m still not allowed to yet. I will say it’ll be hard to keep your socks on when we do start talking about it ;)

That’s all for this week. More info coming at you guys next week!

Comments