Stable Release 0.11.1.11a

2»

Comments

• GoodPuppyGamesGoodPuppyGames Member, PRO Posts: 14

Hello, I can't find the Release 0.11.1.11a, where is it?

• JumpinvisionsJumpinvisions AUSTRALIAMember, PRO Posts: 21

Thanks,,,, :)

• neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826

@GoodPuppyGames You will not find it. It's a server side update. When you republish your project you take advantage of the fix.

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited October 2014

@GoodPuppyGames‌ In the thread "Important Info How IAPs will work in an upcoming release" @stevej said "I would suggest using the 12.x release. The old iap commands will be deprecated in a future release."

So you may have problems if you are still using 0.11.1.11.

@neoman I' am a little bit confused:
    Can I republish my project with 0.12.8 creator ?
    Or I have to use a stable version (11.1.11)

• neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
    edited October 2014

@GoodPuppyGames It is not recommended to publish with an RC or a nightly build as they are not stable releases. You should wait till the stable release is out as they could contain some nasty bugs. Saying that I have published with both RC and NB in the past and had no issues. You just need to test your game thoroughly to make sure your game works as expected.

• yattamoveyattamove Member Posts: 236

@Back2Code‌
    Thanks! But I've just made changes to my binary for bugs and just resubmitted a new one.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342
    edited October 2014

@neoman said:
    It is not recommended to publish with an RC or a nightly build as they are not stable releases. You should wait till the stable release is out as they could contain some nasty bugs.

In theory. Though this point is often over-emphasized. You should test your game thoroughly no matter what, using RC build or Stable version.

RCs contain new features that older Stable builds before them do not have. Because new features are being introduced, there is a chance bugs will surface. But right now, for example, we are late in the RC cycle, just around the corner from a Stable. The next Stable will be nearly identical to the current RC, with a few more bugs squashed.

Read the RC release notes and comments for known bugs. If those bugs don't apply to you (e.g. they relate to Android IAP and you are only releasing on iOS), then you can safely use that version for release.

Can there be a hidden, undiscovered bug that will pop up and make your life hell? Yes. But that can happen with both RC and Stable builds in the same way -- as it did with the latest Stable, which was then converted back to RC.

I heartily recommend using RCs, even for publishing (maybe not the first one after a stable that introduced five new features, which will need a bit of testing, but otherwise it's fine).

I uploaded my app on Sept 30 and it was approved a week later. iAdds worked for the first few games, then it vanished. Is that related to Game Salad's old version?

@GoodPuppyGames‌ Yes, there were issues with Apple's servers and how iAds were handled that were fixed in 0.12 upwards

@PhilipCC‌
    Wow I didn't know that! So that's why my app don't show iAds. It's hard to update your game and wait a couple of weeks only to find out another thing isn't working as it should. Actually the wait times are the worst!

My latest app doesn't show my custom loading screen using this build and the updated GS server side. I've seen another app, Sub Run also don't show the custom loading screen.

• JohnHolland2JohnHolland2 Member Posts: 1

If my download won't open what should I do?

@yattamove It seems there is not too much working right now. I believe the GS Team are working hard to fix the issues, but with every new RC more things are broken… it is very disheartening and frustrating.

There are so many threads in this Forum about people with troubles from the 0.11 and 0.12 Creators that it is becoming impossible to move forward and even know which build to use.

Maybe, in the meantime, I'll go publish a book on Amazon and iTunes about the struggles of an App Developer trying to live with GS! :'(

@JohnHolland2 said:
    If my download won't open what should I do?

I don't mean to be rude, or abrupt, but check out the Cookbook, watch the videos in GS and YT, and do a "Search" for an answer in the Forum.

Then, if you are still stuck, frame a question with some details that someone may be able to answer.

Sorry John, but from my post above you can see there is a lot of frustration around here… me included. :s

@PhilipCC‌
    Yup, that's the word..disheartening! You live off making games? Wow that's great. My dream job someday.

Time is ticking and so is our GS subscription!