Release Candidate 0.12.6 is available!

Comments

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@jamies15-3 said:
    Anyone else having an issue with images when publishing? several images in my game are losing or changing colour when publishing :/ i have emailed support but they never got back to me (https://help.gamesalad.com/hc/en-us/requests/7928) I believe its a publishing issue as it looks fine in the creator viewer but not when published :/

Yes I am having the same issue. they are being rendered as white or semi-white images in multiple of my projects.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

@MoneyBags said:
    I'm still shocked that Amazon leaderboards are in instead of Google Play Leaderbaords...

That and the lack of support for file expansion beyond 50mb for the Play store in mind boggling.

• MarchiefMarchief Member, PRO Posts: 98
    edited October 2014

@jamies15-3 said:
    Anyone else having an issue with images when publishing? several images in my game are losing or changing colour when publishing :/ i have emailed support but they never got back to me (https://help.gamesalad.com/hc/en-us/requests/7928) I believe its a publishing issue as it looks fine in the creator viewer but not when published :/

I did ask about this earlier, my silver images are appearing bright white.

• jamies15-3jamies15-3 Member Posts: 94

@AlchimiaStudios‌ and @Back2Code‌ thanks for the reply, glad I'm not alone i haven't heard anything back from support or from the posts I've made.
    Hopefully will get fixed soon :D.

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

are you guy seeing the image issue with the GameSalad 0.11.1.1?

• jamies15-3jamies15-3 Member Posts: 94

I can no longer open the project with 0.11.1.1 but i wasn't. my support ticket is located here with images etc https://help.gamesalad.com/hc/en-us/requests/7928

Cheers for the help @BlackCloakGS‌

• jonhuttojonhutto Member, PRO Posts: 72

@BigDave said:
    Having a problem with Android Version(htc m8) build with latest version.
    Problem doesn't occur on iOS and Kindl.

Game
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=davidzobrist.humanharvest

After minimizing the app and re-entering the app.
    The game is frozen doesn't continue. Reported by 10 friends with Android devices of different type.

@BlackcloakGS I am also having this issue on Android. If you accidentally close or minimize the app and bring it back up, The app freezes upon clicking any scene change actor. Also upon re-opening, all my table data is not loading. Found this by accidentally closing app.

Please address this as this is a serious bug hindering me from publishing (On last testing before submission).

@BlackCloakGS said:
    are you guy seeing the image issue with the GameSalad 0.11.1.1?

@BlackCloakGS‌ the white issue only happened in 0.12.6 for me, was fine in 0.11.1.1 and actually looked best ( a really nice silver) in 0.12.5

@Back2Code said:
    BlackCloakGS‌ the white issue only happened in 0.12.6 for me, was fine in 0.11.1.1 and actually looked best ( a really nice silver) in 0.12.5

@BlackCloakGS‌

Same for me, but I didn't test 12.5.

• clee2005clee2005 http://Donkeysoft.caMember, PRO Posts: 194

@BigDave said:
    Having a problem with Android Version(htc m8) build with latest version.
    Problem doesn't occur on iOS and Kindl.

Game
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=davidzobrist.humanharvest

After minimizing the app and re-entering the app.
    The game is frozen doesn't continue. Reported by 10 friends with Android devices of different type.

I'm noticing this as well. Is there a bug for it?

@clee2005 said:

I believe this the known table loading issue that they are currently working on. It is only an issue after the game is restarted for the first time.

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
    edited October 2014

@clee2005‌ no there is not a bug yet, but it would be really helpful if one was made and everyone put there information in it.

Edit: we have a bug for this now

• eschwartzeschwartz Member, PRO Posts: 22

@Back2Code said:
    I believe this the known table loading issue that they are currently working on. It is only an issue after the game is restarted for the first time.

I have a set of tables I want to reset that are static game tables, so I "reset" the game after each play. The tables I want to load (after saving) never load anything other than the their initial state. So it seems to be more than the first time you restart. My tables on the Android for 0.12.6 NEVER save any changes :(

Hopefully they'll get this fixed shortly.

• clee2005clee2005 http://Donkeysoft.caMember, PRO Posts: 194
    edited October 2014

@BlackCloakGS said:
    clee2005‌ no there is not a bug yet, but it would be really helpful if one was made and everyone put there information in it.

Edit: we have a bug for this now

This is not the bug that I was talking about. I was referring to Android builds freezing. If I update my adhoc (I think @bigdave was talking about production) and then open the app it's frozen. I'm not clear if it's when the app was still in memory and it was updated, but if I uninstall the app and reinstall it'll work the first time. There is definitely freezing going on though. Happens every 1/5 times I'd say. Been going on since 0.12.x.x Could very well be a table issue that was mentioned by @back2code.

Edit : I logged ...which is fairly generic, but it's the current situation for my app in 0.12.x.x http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=368

• jonhuttojonhutto Member, PRO Posts: 72

bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=367

@BlackCloakGS This is bug we ( @bigdave , @back2code , @clee2005 ) are referring to. When you minimize/close app and then restore the Tables do not load correctly (also scene changes freeze up). Ive had to go in an clear data, clear cache, and force stop to be able to reopen and retest.

I will note that It only occurs for me when hitting the phone's Back button (hardware). When hitting the Home button this bug did not occur.

• HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653
    edited October 2014

I've never found the Android output from Game Salad to be consistent or reliable enough to ever release a game for Android. So congrats to anyone who's ever managed to do it. :) Bit of a shame, since I've finished and published two games that should work fine on Android. But oh well...

• LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,880

@The_Gamesalad_Guru said:
    I need to do a check with the newest versions of GS but when I published on Android a few weeks ago I noticed sounds keep running when you back out of the app and even in hibernate. This is only related to sounds not music.

I believe I heard this with @BigDave‌ s Human Harvest. I thought u was going crazy :)

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@Hymloe said:
    I've never found the Android output to be consistent or reliable enough to ever release a game for Android. So congrats to anyone who's ever managed to do it. :)

I have… but I didn't use GameSalad, haha! :p Then I decided to delete it anyway because I didn't like Google Play.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

@LumpApps said:
    I believe I heard this with BigDave‌ s Human Harvest. I thought u was going crazy :)

Yeah I submitted a bug report and a project for the freeze on wake on android they said they couldn't reproduce it yet it happens on my kindle HD every time. The project only has one actor and after waking it's just a black screen. My game puck it the sounds keep playing during sleep on the kindle HD. They wanted a small project that reproduces the issue. Like I have time for that. This game has been out for a year with no issues on iOS. I kinda give up on this whole bug hunting. I don't have time to make them sample projects. I have no interest in ranting or raving, I'll just wait until they figure it out.

• LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,880

I have a note 3. Not the least android device either I guess.

• AJaymzAJaymz Member, PRO Posts: 164

so with this 3x, 2x and 1x size graphics feature, for universal ios do we have to start with iphone 6+ which is the 3x, or can we still start with iphone 5? I'm so used to the iphone 5 screen sizes so I can easily place my actors from memory where I want them.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited October 2014

@Socks said:
    Do you have an actual number for these sizes, do you know what the pixel dimensions are for both the 3x and 2x's sizes ?

. . .

@jay2dx said:
    please excuse my lack on GS knowledge at this time but what this feature:

"•"@3x" images are now used on Retina iPads and "@2x" images are now used on non-Retina iPads"

2? and 3? images!

. . .

@krane2626@hotmail.com said:
    so with this 3x, 2x and 1x size graphics feature, for universal ios do we have to start with iphone 6+ which is the 3x, or can we still start with iphone 5? I'm so used to the iphone 5 screen sizes so I can easily place my actors from memory where I want them.

@BlackCloakGS some clarification over the changes to project resolutions would be cool, I know there was a long conversation already but that became very confused and unclear with no real sense of resolution (no pun intended), it would be good to know what the actual figures are for these new terms.

@The_Gamesalad_Guru said:
    Yeah, along with many others, I submitted a bug report… They [Amazon] wanted a small project that reproduces the issue. Like I have time for that. This game has been out for a year with no issues on iOS. I kinda give up on this whole bug hunting. I don't have time to make them sample projects. I have no interest in ranting or raving, I'll just wait until they figure it out.

I agree. I would just like to get on with it and build some stable apps, for iOS and Apple devices.

• MarcMySaladMarcMySalad Member Posts: 158
    edited October 2014

@Socks said:

My guess:
    You provide images at whatever resolution you see fit. Most will probably work with 2048x1536 when using ipad retina landscape as base. When you publish there will be @3x images created based on those. Then @2x images at half that resolution (1024x768) and normal images (at 512x384).
    The GS team say that @3x will be used on Iphone 6+ which I can understand since that is running IOS8 by default. They are also saying that @3x images are now being used on Ipad Retina devices.

@BlackCloakGS‌ are you assuming that all Ipad Retina users have been updated to IOS8 (which has @3x image loading code in that IOS version) or have you found another way via your own coding to use @3x images on devices running IOS7 and IOS6 also?

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

Ill hop on the guessing game. I think for universal apps, the new target is 3072x2304 // 2304x3072 which is @3x. When publishing, it will create @2x and @1x which will be used on the other devices.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• MarcMySaladMarcMySalad Member Posts: 158

@raycur09 said:
    Ill hop on the guessing game. I think for universal apps, the new target is 3072x2304 // 2304x3072 which is 3x. When publishing, it will create 2x and 1x which will be used on the other devices.

Using those resolutions basically contradicts what it seems like was agreed upon as "best practice" during the long discussions that I read about in this thread:

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/72624/release-candidate-0-12-5-is-available/p1

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

That whole thread is a confusing mess, not sure even the chefs know whats going on. A good amount of time has passed and still no clarification.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

edited October 2014

@MarcMySalad‌ and @raycur09‌ In the RC 12.5 thread that you both refer to, Adent42 said on page 6, in the last few posts on 27 Sept:

"FYI. Once 0.12.6 comes out, we will still not be supporting DIY Resolution independent images. It's a server side thing and we still need time to implement it."

So until GS tell us otherwise, I'm building using iPad 2048x1536.

@MarcMySalad said:
    My guess: You provide images at whatever resolution you see fit . . .

@raycur09 said:
    Ill hop on the guessing game. I think for universal apps, the new target is 3072x2304 // 2304x3072 which is 3x. When publishing, it will create 2x and 1x which will be used on the other devices.

Yeah, someone is bound to be right :smile: but I wanted to avoid any kind of guess work, presumably someone somewhere knows for certain what the new resolutions are and which device requires which resolution, hopefully all this stuff will be laid out clearly when GS get a chance, it's confusing enough for those of us who closely followed the conversation (in the other thread) so I imagine it's a complete mystery for those that didn't !

@raycur09 said:
    That whole thread is a confusing mess, not sure even the chefs know whats going on. A good amount of time has passed and still no clarification.

Agreed ! To be fair to GS they are probably trying to sort all this stuff out themselves, lots of issues were raised in that thread, numbers thrown around and specs changed as the thread evolved, so I imagine that they probably need time to sort through things.