Release Candidate 0.12.8 is available!

BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

Release Candidate 0.12.8

Fixes:

• Fixed issue with signing Mac Desktop apps.
  • Fixed error:null crash on Android. Android IAP now ignores blank lines when requesting purchase data.
  • Fixed Android apps not saving tables properly
  • Fixed table corruption when exiting and reentering a game on Android
  • Fixed Android apps resetting after waking the device up
  • Fixed iOS apps returning a warning about a missing receipt whenever you re-purchased a non-consumable. Also fixes a crash with the warning pop-up.
  • Fixed Creator not able to be opened if GateKeeper was set to Mac App Store and identified developers. This now also applies to Release Candidate versions of Creator.
  • Fixed iPhone 6 and 6 Plus screen sizes not being detected correctly

Known Issue:

• Screen rotation currently does not work in apps running on iOS 8. The app will launch in the correct orientation but the screen will not rotate with the device. This will be fixed in a future update.

Note:
To help clear things up here are the rules of thumb for using Resolution Independence. If your game is targeted for iOS Universal with assets for iPad Retina, you can try turning on RI. This will use the full sized images for iPad Retina and iPhone 6+. 2/3 sized images for iPhone Retina. and 1/3 sized images for devices that aren't actually supported anymore. If you are updating a game who's artwork is targeted towards iPhone Retina only, turn off RI so that images won't get resized. We have not implement User defined RI images on the server yet, so please don't explicitly include @3x or @2x images in your gameproj uploads.

Report Any Bugs
If you find bugs in the Release Candidate, let us know! We'll be watching the forums, support tickets and bug database for info on this. Once we're all happy with the state of the build then we'll make it stable.

Take a moment to review the "known issues" section of the release notes before reporting any bugs. No need to duplicate reports on what we already know, right?

Thanks for your help!

Go Get It!

See the release notes here:

http://gamesalad.com/download/releaseNotes/creator/rc

Download the release candidate here:

http://gamesalad.com/download/releases

Scroll down until you see "Release Candidates

Comments

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

Sweetness!

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@BlackCloakGS‌ -- The issue with iOS 8 rotation, is that something just in 12.8 or is it present in 12.6 RC as well? And will it be solved by 12.X Stable, or only in version 13.X?

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

Yes it will be solved before 0.12 is stable.We found it today an it is present as far back as 0.12.4.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited October 2014

@BlackCloakGS‌

Great work !!

Also thanks for the clarification on the new resolution system.

One quick question, will Retina iPads running iOS7 and lower (which don't support iOS8's 3x 2x 1x system) use 2/3 images or 1/3 images ?

I guess most of these resolution issues can't be dealt with by making non-universal device specific builds.

• clee2005clee2005 http://Donkeysoft.caMember, PRO Posts: 194
    edited October 2014

Has anyone got consumables to work with Android? I just cannot figure out why it won't work. I am using the same IAP code for Android as I am for iOS. iOS works fine. I've triple checked all the product codes. It's acting like a managed (non-consumable) purchase. You can buy the bombs once, then every time after that (restarting the app, waiting more than 30minutes doesn't matter), you just get the purchase when clicking the buy button... no prompting at all. This is exactly what the managed purchase does.

@BlackcloakGS ? Any chance the unmanaged transactions are being treated as managed? Really curious, cause it just isn't making sense to me.

• games4fungames4fun Member Posts: 185

Release Candidate 0.12.8

Fixes:

>
    • Fixed issue with signing Mac Desktop apps.
    • >
    • Fixed error:null crash on Android. Android IAP now ignores blank lines when requesting purchase data.
    • >
    • Fixed Android apps not saving tables properly
    • >
    • Fixed table corruption when exiting and reentering a game on Android
    • >
    • Fixed Android apps resetting after waking the device up
    • >
    • Fixed iOS apps returning a warning about a missing receipt whenever you re-purchased a non-consumable. Also fixes a crash with the warning pop-up.
    • >
    • Fixed Creator not able to be opened if GateKeeper was set to Mac App Store and identified developers. This now also applies to Release Candidate versions of Creator.
    • >
    • Fixed iPhone 6 and 6 Plus screen sizes not being detected correctly
    • >

Known Issue:

>
    • Screen rotation currently does not work in apps running on iOS 8. The app will launch in the correct orientation but the screen will not rotate with the device. This will be fixed in a future update.
    • >

Note:
    To help clear things up here are the rules of thumb for using Resolution Independence. If your game is targeted for iOS Universal with assets for iPad Retina, you can try turning on RI. This will use the full sized images for iPad Retina and iPhone 6+. 2/3 sized images for iPhone Retina. and 1/3 sized images for devices that aren't actually supported anymore. If you are updating a game who's artwork is targeted towards iPhone Retina only, turn off RI so that images won't get resized. We have not implement User defined RI images on the server yet, so please don't explicitly include 3x or 2x images in your gameproj uploads.

Report Any Bugs
    If you find bugs in the Release Candidate, let us know! We'll be watching the forums, support tickets and bug database for info on this. Once we're all happy with the state of the build then we'll make it stable.

Take a moment to review the "known issues" section of the release notes before reporting any bugs. No need to duplicate reports on what we already know, right?

Thanks for your help!

Go Get It!

See the release notes here:

http://gamesalad.com/download/releaseNotes/creator/rc

Download the release candidate here:

http://gamesalad.com/download/releases

Scroll down until you see "Release Candidates

Are there issues with how apps look on the iPhone 6 and 6plus if we sumbitted apps with release candidate 12.6?? Anyone have a live version yet? I've been waiting for review for 11 days now.

• pokapolapokapola Member Posts: 143

Yeay!

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@BlackCloakGS‌ Hooray! Thanks, you guys have been working really hard on this. Hope you get you get some RnR this weekend with clear minds.

• jonhuttojonhutto Member, PRO Posts: 72

Just submitted my App to Android. Thanks Gamesalad!

• MarchiefMarchief Member, PRO Posts: 98

Android released to beta test from 12.8, here goes, great work Gamesalad team

• colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610

I have been trying to get IAP's to work on my iPad, they worked previously in earlier rc's but not in the new RC 0.12.8.

Is anyone having problems with their game crashing when the IAP - Request Purchase Data runs?

@colander said:
    I have been trying to get IAP's to work on my iPad, they worked previously in earlier rc's but not in the new RC 0.12.8.

Is anyone having problems with their game crashing when the IAP - Request Purchase Data runs?

I had this and it confused me for ages, check the status of them in iTunes connect, this happened for me when the app got rejected initially which also rejected all the in app purchases, they have to be approved or waiting for review in iTunes connect to work on the device for testing.

@Back2Code I am having trouble with an ad hoc build crashing when the "IAP - Request Purchase Data" runs. I have it on a Menu scene not the landing scene. I am logged out of iTunes connect and start the game then go to the Menu scene and it loads then crashes.

I turned it off, created and ran another build and it doesn't crash. If anyone else is having trouble with this and has something to add I have created a bug report #397 http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=397

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685
    edited October 2014

Google Play IAP is still not fixed. Anyone else testing this should add their comments to the following bug report for GOOGLE IAP:

http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=377

@Colander what's the status of your iaps in iTunes connect?

Initial Android tests show that the table loading issue is fixed but, have massively stretched splash screen and everything runs incredibly slowly, especially on scene change, scenes are taking around 5 to 7 seconds to load and half the time they don't load correctly.

@Back2Code it is in Waiting For Review, it was in Rejected status because I Developer Rejected the binary due to GS issues. I can not change it to Ready to Submit, I have contacted them to find out how to fix it so I can sandbox test.

Anyway I don't think it is relevant because I am not logged in so "IAP - Request Purchase Data" can't reach it until I log in. But if it does it shouldn't crash the app.

You can change the iaps status without re submitting the app but if they are rejected it won't work, agreed it shouldn't crash the asp but that is your issue.

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    edited October 2014

Android:

hitting the back button seems to work it closes game stops music and restarts from beginnings when rebooted.

hitting the Home button closes game and will restart were left off but music still keeps playing on exit, I used hibernate to solve that.

@gingagaming said:
    Google Play IAP is still not fixed. Anyone else testing this should add their comments to the following bug report for GOOGLE IAP:

http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=377

Google IAP seems to be working for me, however all bar one have stopped working on Android and iOS, copying the one that works and modifying it to use the other codes seems to fix it, if none of yours work I suggest you test in iOS and otherwise redefine them all in the app. I am fixing all mine in iOS to resubmit and have limited access to an Android device so will get them all working and test on Android tomorrow and report.

@Back2Code said:
    Google IAP seems to be working for me

Google IAP is broken. My code is fine. The IAP works fine. I can request the data, I receive said data. The purchase goes through. The IAP work.
    For most people they would assume this is "working". However I am not most people. If I then continue to exit the app from the shop by hitting the home button then reload and enter the shop. The data then gets messed up. The table is wiped and the IAP hangs. No more purchases can be made. This only applies to Consumable Items.

I have limited access to an Android device so will get them all working and test on Android tomorrow and report.

This would suggest that you havent tested your Google IAP fully as you would need an Android device to carry out the tests I have.

@Back2Code said:
    Google IAP seems to be working for me

Post me the URL with your Google IAP and ill make some test purchases now. I would like to be wrong on this subject but someone would need to provide me with a working IAP to do that. I have been hard testing this for 2 weeks now. Even Gamesalad dont test these IAPs like I am doing hence why it passed their QA twice but I still found bugs and broke the Google IAP.

@gingagaming said:
    Post me the URL with your Google IAP and ill make some test purchases now. I would like to be wrong on this subject but someone would need to provide me with a working IAP to do that. I have been hard testing this for 2 weeks now. Even Gamesalad dont test these IAPs like I am doing hence why it passed their QA twice but I still found bugs and broke the Google IAP.

@Gingagaming
    I have tested it enough to know that 1 iap out of 4 worked with multiple restarts and the one that did work continues to work as a consumable. Also that iOS exhibited the same behavior, I should have them all fixed in a couple of hours, you are welcome to beta test my droid version with my others, pm me your email and I'll add you to the test group and authorize test payments.

@Back2Code said:
    I have tested it enough to know that 1 iap out of 4 worked with multiple restarts and the one that did work continues to work as a consumable. Also that iOS exhibited the same behavior, I should have them all fixed in a couple of hours, you are welcome to beta test my droid version with my others, pm me your email and I'll add you to the test group and authorize test payments.

Thank you for letting me test. I have just sent you an email showing you the broken IAP in your game after testing.

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    edited October 2014

@BBEnk said:
    Android:

hitting the back button seems to work it closes game stops music and restarts from beginnings when rebooted.

hitting the Home button closes game and will restart were left off but music still keeps playing on exit, I used hibernate to solve that.

So after some more testing on a different game when I would hit back button the game would exit and music would keep playing and I would have to uninstall game to get it to quit, and when I hit home button game would exit and music stop but it would not go back to where it left off in game.

So I added the hibernate function with a stop music and a un-pause Game in the other area, and of course rebuilt game and now everything seems to work perfect when I hit home button music stops and game exits but it does not restart from beginning when relaunched which I guess is correct?.

Now when I hit home button music stops and game exits, and when I relaunch it goes right back to where it left off.

Almost seems like a hit and miss on android anyway I just resubmitted so will see if they accept this time.

heres link to this bug.
    http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=216

Update:

So 2 games updated today with this method and both approved by Amazon. Just submitted a 3rd.

Update:
    So my 3rd game just got approved on Amazon.

@gingagaming said:
    Thank you for letting me test. I have just sent you an email showing you the broken IAP in your game after testing.

I believe we have gotten to the bottom of the issue and thanks for letting me know about the bug you found, I should now have that hole plugged.

@BlackCloakGS‌ Any reason why the Fire phone is outright not supported? I got a message from my submission and it also shows in the Amazon app test that a pop up shows stating "This app can only be run on a Kindle Fire" - Any reason why it can't run on the Fire phone? Surely if it can run on a kindle fire it can run on the Fire Phone?

BTW the Amazon App test functionality is outstanding and fast to report any obvious issues.

• clee2005clee2005 http://Donkeysoft.caMember, PRO Posts: 194

I agree with @gingagaming in that the Android consumables are broken. I have tried every combination and the behaviour is just not working as it does in iOS. I have it working for Non-Consumables and have no complaints there... just for consumables and just with Android.

• jorkosjorkos Member, PRO Posts: 353

@BlackCloakGS‌ does the new image system mean that images for retina iPad should be divisible by 3? So for example, 100 x 100 would not be clear because there is no whole number that is a third. 102 x 102 however would work.... Any input guys? thanks

• marc_greiffmarc_greiff Member, PRO Posts: 250

Looks amazing so far...

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@marcgreiff said:
    Looks amazing so far…

What looks amazing so far? Please elaborate.