Release Candidate 0.12.8 is available!

2»

Comments

• JSprojectJSproject Member Posts: 730

@PhilipCC said:
    What looks amazing so far? Please elaborate.

Well, my best guess is that he saw a photo of me when getting a haircut earlier today :P

• NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483

Any updates on Admob ?

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@madhanlab said:
    Any updates on Admob ?

I think early next year.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• marc_greiffmarc_greiff Member, PRO Posts: 250

@PhilipCC‌ the fixes outlined in this post and that they seem to be ringing true thus far in creator/viewer. Notably, table corruption and apps restarting after wake in android. I hope that answers your question.

• marc_greiffmarc_greiff Member, PRO Posts: 250

...also, @JSproject‌ 's haircut.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@PhilipCC said:
    What looks amazing so far? Please elaborate.

@JSproject said:
    Well, my best guess is that he saw a photo of me when getting a haircut earlier today :P

Coincidentally, when asked by the hairdresser if you wanted a simple trim or something a little more elaborate, you said: "elaborate please"

• stannystanny Member Posts: 26
    edited October 2014

Has something changed in terms of images? I changed to this 0.12.8 RC and I ran it on my iPhone 5 and everything is somewhat blurry and fuzzy.

Update: Ops, forgot to read to turn off resolution independence.

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@JSproject‌ @marcgreiff @Socks‌ I love it that people here have a sense of humour and that's it's not all doom and gloom or whining and complaining. :D

• Benjamin99Benjamin99 Member Posts: 6

@Back2Code said:
    @BlackCloakGS‌ Any reason why the Fire phone is outright not supported? I got a message from my submission and it also shows in the Amazon app test that a pop up shows stating "This app can only be run on a Kindle Fire" - Any reason why it can't run on the Fire phone? Surely if it can run on a kindle fire it can run on the Fire Phone?

I'm curious about this as well.

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764

@Benjamin99 said:
    I'm curious about this as well.

To get on Fire Phone heres the requirements from there site.

General Requirements

For your mobile or HTML5 web app to qualify for the program, it must meet the following requirements:

Device Support: Apps must be compatible with designated Amazon devices. The current list of designated devices include the 2nd Gen Kindle Fire (Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Fire HD 8.9", and Kindle Fire HD 8.9" 4G) and the 3rd Gen Kindle Fire (Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Fire HDX and Kindle Fire HDX 8.9") tablets. In addition, the app must be available for sale on our U.S. store for non-Amazon devices.
    HD Optimization: Apps must render natively in high definition (HD) at the highest resolution possible on each of the designated devices and use the entire screen without distortion, pixilation, or stretching. You must also include high-definition screenshots (1280x720 pixels or greater) of your apps that can be displayed on the product detail page.
    Amazon Services Adoption: Apps must exclusively use the Amazon In-App Purchasing (IAP) API (if your app enables in-app purchasing of supported digital products) and use Amazon Mobile Ads API (if your app presents ads) on a non-exclusive basis. Games must integrate with GameCircle, including WhisperSync for Games and either Leaderboards or Achievements.
    Fire Phone Requirements

To qualify for the Amazon Fire phone benefits, your apps must be available for sale in the United States and meet the following criteria, in addition to those under General Requirements above:

All apps must implement an app widget using the Home API to display contextual information when the app is brought to the forefront on the device Carousel.
    Non-game apps must implement either (or both) of the left and right panels using Foundation Controls or Dynamic Perspective SDK.
    Games must use the Dynamic Perspective SDK to create an in-game experience that responds to a user’s motion relative to the device. Note that games that merely replace swipe-based controls or gyro functionality with head tracking will not qualify. The game must use head tracking to implement an in-game experience. Examples include the ability for a user to pan and zoom the field of view in a game by moving the device back or forward or the ability to rotate the device about any axis to change the viewing angle of the surroundings.

• clee2005clee2005 http://Donkeysoft.caMember, PRO Posts: 194

Has anyone else noticed (or tested), that doing both consumable and non-consumable purchases in the same session acts up? The first transaction works as expected, but the second will not register until you close the app and come back in... at which time the game will pick it up again.

You can do either consumable first or non-consumable first and if doing consumable, you can do it over and over... if you switch to the other TYPE, then it seems to not work. Could just be me, but that's what I've been experiencing. This is in iOS. I've logged bug http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=402

• mistermisterraymistermisterray Member, PRO Posts: 13

yup!!! looks goood so far..

• HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653
    edited October 2014

Are the memory leak / memory crash problems fixed?

http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=103

Is the Display Text issue with spacing not working correctly on iOS fixed?

http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=156

• iamcarteziamcartez Houston, TexasMember Posts: 648
    edited October 2014

@Hymloe said:

I'm wondering about these issues as well...

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@Hymloe said:

well in the bug report for both bugs it says it is fixed in version .13, so I'm guessing that is when you'll see the fix :)

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

revmob on android seems not to work with this version

edited October 2014

@jonmulcahy said:
    well in the bug report for both bugs it says it is fixed in version .13, so I'm guessing that is when you'll see the fix :)

Do we have an ETA on that version?

@jonmulcahy said:

The latest response I just got back from GS on the "Display Text" bug when I asked if the bug was fixed yet was...

"dgackey 2014-10-15 20:54:48 CDT
    No, it is not. Current development priorities are the 0.12 Mac stable release, bringing PC up to parity with Mac 0.12, and then we will look at user requests and determine commitments for 0.13 and beyond."

Sounds to me like that bug is marked as fixed in 0.13, but in actuality, is not fixed at all, and that is just there to demarcate to them when to next think about maybe fixing it.

Which to me seems useless, and just another false indication of progress.

The memory leaks and "Display Text" bug, among others, are a royal pain in my ass, and are preventing me working on my major games (let alone releasing them), for 6 - 12 months.

It feels so futile being a Game Salad Pro user, 90% of the time.

• vikingviking Member, PRO Posts: 322

@Hymole The source of the memory leak has been identified by the GS community to be related to the ChangeTableValue behavior. Did you check your project to find out if you do a ChangeTableValue to ChangeTableValue +1 (or any other number for that matter) and review if you can change your logic to avoid it? It might be a lot faster for you to make this change yourself than wait for the engine development to catch up. That's what I had to do.

@viking said:
    Hymole The source of the memory leak has been identified by the GS community to be related to the ChangeTableValue behavior. Did you check your project to find out if you do a ChangeTableValue to ChangeTableValue +1 (or any other number for that matter) and review if you can change your logic to avoid it? It might be a lot faster for you to make this change yourself than wait for the engine development to catch up. That's what I had to do.

Not understanding this issue. So anytime I update update a value in the table I am going to experience the memory leak until .13 is released?

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

@iamcartez said:
    Not understanding this issue. So anytime I update update a value in the table I am going to experience the memory leak until .13 is released?

If you are updating the Table Cell Value by using this command only:

Table Cell Value +1 (or any number)

If you are updating the value to a set number it wont leak. If you are checking a value and then adding to that value. It will cause a leak.

Its a serious leak, It was causing one of my games to crash after just 6 levels. I worked around this by changing ripping out the table and using global attributes instead. I tested the game to 101 levels without a crash.

Here is the bug report: http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=103

@gingagaming that explains alot, my Salt & Pepper game originally crashed after about 8 levels then I optimized the graphics and was able to get about 15-20 levels without a crash... I'll see what I can change to fix the memory leak... Thanks for this info!!!

I have a mission generation table with about 200 columns.

My game generates missions using procedural rules.

I am not changing how it works to bypass a bug that's been around for 6-12 months.

It is not a viable option.

It needs to be fixed by GS.

And the claim that it is fixed for GS 0.13 seem to be to be dubious, and I have doubts it will be fixed at all in that build.

I've worked on this game for years, and it worked in 10.4.

GS should have the ability to run my game (which I've sent them many times over the past year), identify the bug quickly and effectively, and fix it. This should have happened within a month or two of my bug report, at most.

THE END.

• BenSawyerBenSawyer Member, PRO Posts: 37

Has this ChangeTableValue problem been fixed? I'm trying in the latest RC and I see the bug it seems. This is crazy. How can I help with this problem @BlackCloakGS? It's a big deal that my game is leaking due to what seems like simple changes to table values using variables from either other cells in the same table, etc.