"This application is not recognized by Game Center" any ideas?

marc_greiffmarc_greiff Member, PRO Posts: 250

"This application is not recognized by Game Center" error appears when logging into game center on my published app.

Heres what I can confirm:

-game center is enabled in itunes connect
-the provisioning profile that I signed with has never changed since 1.0 of my build
-users CAN login if they enable sandbox mode in Settings > Game Center > Sandbox, which is obviously not ideal

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Best Answers

• JSprojectJSproject Posts: 730
    Accepted Answer

I'm guessing that you have built it with one of the RC versions (all of them have various issues right now). I think the only solution right now is to publish using the current stable build which is 0.11.1.11. Game Center is currently broken in your app and not only on IOS8. It does not work at all on IOS7 devices (the same error) and there is no workaround to that with your current build. Also, if you have saved your project in a RC version then it's not as easy as opening it in the current stable version. You would first need to replace "GSCVersion" and "PGFVersion" in all the xml-files so that it corresponds to the 0.11 version (can easily be done via a batch search and replace in an xml editor).

• marc_greiffmarc_greiff Posts: 250
    Accepted Answer

It would appear this issue is resolved now. For me at least, game center seems to be working in my published apps as of yesterday. What ever the issue was, it was definitely on Apples end.

For anyone else having this problem, I would suggest trying game center in your apps again. If it still doesn't work, perhaps wait a few days for apple to rollout their fix to all servers/countries.

Answers